Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,783,914 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,376
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Lord of the Rings Online Forum » General Discussion » LOTRO Store - Full Price List **Updated**

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
52 posts found
  nihce

Apprentice Member

9/11/10 3:47:24 AM#41

IMO this is very retarded move and hopefully other games won't follow the example.Like it was already discussed, to many valuable stuff in the store ... and to expensive. I honestly think life time subs got duped big time with this.

Good thing though is that this is mainly a PvE game and in such it might work, because it is not all about competition.

User Deleted
9/11/10 4:03:15 AM#42
Originally posted by nihce

IMO this is very retarded move and hopefully other games won't follow the example.Like it was already discussed, to many valuable stuff in the store ... and to expensive. I honestly think life time subs got duped big time with this.

Good thing though is that this is mainly a PvE game and in such it might work, because it is not all about competition.

lifetime is the best offer you can ever get for a loyal mmo-er for an mmo that doesnt quit. seriously, if there is one mmo that will last it should be LOTRO because it is based on the original book for all MMOs. So I expect it to last at least 5 more years, and hell yeah then I'm getting my money's worth ;).

nihce

Apprentice Member

9/12/10 1:38:31 AM#43

Well, the thing with life offer is that normally this means that subscriber who chose it is "set for life" - which means that appart from expansions he is not expecting to pay a dime for the game. BUT when you make a F2P system like that one in LOTR - to stay competitve (ok there is not much to compete for in LOTRO) you need to invest cash even if you paid life sub.

User Deleted
9/12/10 1:45:46 AM#44

Good Info!

@OP, TY for the post.

salsabeard

Novice Member

9/13/10 6:10:41 PM#45

free 2 play my %#^

everything cost money. I recently downloaded the game to try when it went f2p and really liked it so yesterday I decided I would buy the game and subsrcibe as I saw they had an adventure pack with the original game and both expansions for $30 at the turbine store the day it went f2p but turbine has pulled all digital sales from thier site and from D2drive also. you can't buy the game anymore and they force you to get the expansions from thier lotro store with turbine pionts which will cost $30 per expansion now plus the vip subsrciption. they basiclly made the game twice as expensive to play before it went "f2p"

very sad very very sad

User Deleted

OP  9/13/10 6:13:27 PM#46
Originally posted by salsabeard

free 2 play my %#^

everything cost money. I recently downloaded the game to try when it went f2p and really liked it so yesterday I decided I would buy the game and subsrcibe as I saw they had an adventure pack with the original game and both expansions for $30 at the turbine store the day it went f2p but turbine has pulled all digital sales from thier site and from D2drive also. you can't buy the game anymore and they force you to get the expansions from thier lotro store with turbine pionts which will cost $30 per expansion now plus the vip subsrciption. they basiclly made the game twice as expensive to play before it went "f2p"

very sad very very sad

You always had to buy the expansion...

Anyway buy MoM from amazon or something..it is cheaper.

Sovrath

Elite Member

9/13/10 6:17:14 PM#47

I honestly think life time subs got duped big time with this.

that is true, there really isn't any "actual" competition. However, lifetime subs did not get screwed over. to put it bluntly, at this point, I wish I had purchased a lifetime sub. To that end, if they offered one now (which they won't) I'd buy it.
  User Deleted

OP  9/13/10 6:31:41 PM#48
Originally posted by Sovrath

I honestly think life time subs got duped big time with this.

that is true, there really isn't any "actual" competition. However, lifetime subs did not get screwed over. to put it bluntly, at this point, I wish I had purchased a lifetime sub. To that end, if they offered one now (which they won't) I'd buy it.
I would too; I wish I had got it when it was available.
  User Deleted

OP  9/14/10 11:30:31 AM#49
*Updated* 
Check OP
  wmbyrne

Novice Member

EQ2 CSR:the Bug you reported is a new game feature, and will be removed in the next patch.

9/18/10 4:50:21 PM#50

I'm thought I'd come back and see if there are more people and the F2P model seems really sctechy to me, everything does cost more and they keep pushing pay content "that's old stuff" on you. not happy at all with it.  

towani

Novice Member

9/22/10 11:49:04 AM#51

I won't lie, I didn't read anything beyond the first page... but the prices seem expensive to me.

LotRO: Meneldor: Riders of the Riddermark

Robsolf

Hard Core Member

Let go of my ears, I know what I'm doing!

9/22/10 12:18:26 PM#52

If you didn't buy in bulk, I'd agree, at least regarding consumables.

On the other hand, having already bought the expacks... if I bought in bulk, I could have all the remaining quest content in the game free forever for 16 bucks.  Or, if I saved all my points for 3 months on my sub, I could buy the remainng content and cancel afterward.

That's assuming there's no discount specials.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search