Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,093 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,131
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Lord of the Rings Online Forum » General Discussion » LOTRO Store - Full Price List **Updated**

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
52 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  9/03/10 9:02:03 PM#21
Originally posted by MMOman101
Originally posted by SgtFrog
Originally posted by Xondar123
Originally posted by MadnessRealm
Originally posted by sly220

God I hate that they did this to LoTRo.......................... I think yhou get a monthly allowance of points from what i remember

500 points for VIP (sub), 1000 for Lifetimers. Per month.

Holy crap, you can't do anything with that many points per month. It's not even worth it to get a sub.

Well except for the fact that you get all the content in the game with a sub...

You get all of the quest packs with a sub?

What about the clothes and armor?

Yeah everything.

What if you have bought the game plus the x-pac, do you still get access to everything even if you do not subscribe?  I guess i could look it up myself but you have done a lot of leg work so my guess is you have the knowledge already.

Thanks.

"

Independent of the store there are three access levels which are called VIP, Premium and Free that have a huge influence about what you get and how much its going to cost you to see/do everything.

VIP - Active monthly payment at Industry standard prices(i.e. around 10-15$ a month)

They get everything Subscribers get today, and will get things in the future todays Subscribers would have gotten if they hadnt become VIPs due to the F2P release. Read that again and take it literally. That means they generally do not have to buy Quests, Deeds or instances in the Store, but it does not include any of the content or perks of the expansions. It does include a 500 turbine points per month stipend though. This is basicly P2P as we know and love(or hate) it. 

Premium - Your LotRO account was atleast once involved in earning Turbine/Codemasters money(at any point in time).

They get 2 base characterslots less and can access all Quests, Instances and Deeds in the racial starting zones and play the Epic storyline up to level 50 without buying stuff in the store. Otherwise content has to be bought but will be available accountwide forever. They have some limits in regards to gold, traits and crafting, all of which can be addressed by buying corresponding items in the Store(goldlimit removal etc). They do not get rested XP and can not do Monsterplay(PvP as evil), they also have lower server priority incase of queues and some sensible limits on chat to reduce the effect of  goldspammers. They need to buy Quests, Instances and Deeds beyond the racial starting areas. 

Free - You successfully created an account without spending money

They get 3 base Charslots less and have all restrictions of premiums plus then some. Major limits in regards to chatting up zones, sending tells to multiple people at the same time or using the auction house(buy only).Crafting, bagspace, max gold, traits are restricted. Limit removals, charslots, bagspace and content can still be bought through earned TPs like a premium player. They have the lowest priority in Server queues."

From another thread, Thanks Rocketeer.

User Deleted
9/03/10 9:04:34 PM#22
Originally posted by SwampRob

Great list.   Have they yet posted a list as to how you can earn TPs without buying them?   

Turbine hasn't, nor would I expect them too (it's not really in their best financial interest to give you all the ways of making free TP's ;P!  )  However an intrepid beta tester has put together an excellent spreadsheet showing the majority of the ways to earn TP's throughout the game.  Hopefully the link will work . . .

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=353119

User Deleted

OP  9/03/10 9:05:20 PM#23
Originally posted by SwampRob

Great list.   Have they yet posted a list as to how you can earn TPs without buying them?   

How to Earn Turbine Points

Looking for more Turbine Points, without spending real life money? In this article we’ll look at the specific ways to earn TP in-game, how much you can earn in the free “starter” zones and what you can do if you need more.

The Great TP Search

In LOTRO Free-to-Play, Turbine Points are awarded for several achievements, most commonly from deeds. Here’s what these are currently paying in Beta:

Source TP For
Zone Quest Deeds 5 First rank
10 Second rank (advanced)
15 Third rank (final)
Exploration Deeds 5 * note: a few exploration deeds pay 10 TP
Slayer Deeds 5 First rank
10 Second rank (advanced)
Reputation Deeds 5 Acquaintance
10 Friend
15 Ally
20 Kindred
Racial Trait Deeds 5 Enmity I
10 Enmity II
15 Enmity III
Class Trait Deeds 5 Regular class traits
10 Eriador legendary class traits
20 Mines of Moria legendary class traits
Gift Box Quests 20 Level 20 quests (2 @ 10 TP ea)
40 Level 30 quests (4 @ 10 TP ea)
40 Level 40 quests (4 @ 10 TP ea)
Epic Quest Deeds 20 Volume 1, Books 1-8
20 Volume 1, Books 9-15
10 Volume 2, Books 1-6
10 Volume 2, Books 7-9
5 Volume 2 Epilogue
5 Volume 3 Foreword
Social Deeds 50 Boar-slayer hidden deed

Earning Enough for the First Quest Pack

One common concern is earning enough for your first quest pack, when the free content runs dry around level 25. Below is a list of TP that is possible (although challenging) to earn in the free “starter” zones with a level 25 character. As you can see, this will give you enough for the Lone-lands Quest Pack (350 TP), but not enough for North Downs (595 TP). Remember, Beta prices are subject to change before launch.

TP Description Notes
150 The Shire Zone Deeds  
130 Ered Luin Zone Deeds  
200 Bree-land Zone Deeds Does not include Haudh Iarchith deeds (55 TP) currently set to levels 37-39, which seems like a bug that may be fixed for launch.
50 Kindred with Men of Bree Repeatable rep quests open at level 20 now.
5 Acquaintance with Mathom Society Quest in The Shire and turn in Gift Mathoms. Regular Mathoms cannot be turned in until level 30.
10 Level 13 Race Traits 5 TP each
10 Level 19 Race Trait  
15 Level 25 Race Trait  
25 Level 10 Class Traits 5 TP each
35 Level 20 Class Traits 5 TP each
20 Level 20 Gift Box 10 TP per quest
Total: 650

More Ways to Get More

Doing all the deeds available to level 25 is just one way to earn TP. Here are some others:

• Subscribe for a month. This may seems counter to the Play-for-Free philosophy, but subscribing for a month lets you keep many per-character unlocks that'd you otherwise finding yourself grinding TP for, like inventory bags, trait slots, auction house slots, gold cap removal, and the quested Basic Riding skill. When your subscription lapses you keep these on all characters that unlocked them while you were a subscriber. Your account will be downgraded to Premium status, so take note: new characters created after the downgrade will subject to Premium limits. As an added benefit, subscribers get 500 TP per month in addition to what they earn in-game.
  • Buy some TP in the LOTRO Store. If you are on a Free account, your first purchase will upgrade you to a Premium account. Zing! You now have 3 character slots, 5 auction house sell slots, a higher gold limit and a higher login priority. Plus some annoying chat, mail and trade limits are gone.
  • Level an alt. The TP on your account is shared between characters, so the TP you earn on your alt can be used by your main character. If you are short on character slots, you can earn TP with a character on another server. Note that while this seems possible based on Turbine statements, it can’t be verified in Beta.
  • Higher level players will want to stare at their deed logs for low-hanging TP fruit just waiting to be plucked, especially low-level or nearly-complete deeds.
  • While there are no retroactive points granted for deeds completed prior to F2P launch, there are some new reputation deeds have been added. If you've already met the reputation requirements the new deeds autocomplete when you log in your characters after F2P launch and you'll receive any rewards, including TP, automatically.

source: http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/08/how-to-earn-turbine-points.html

MMOman101

Apprentice Member

9/03/10 9:06:48 PM#24

Appreciate it.

User Deleted
9/03/10 9:11:35 PM#25

If someone had already paid for MoM and they just use f2p option on there account do they lose access to MoM areas?

User Deleted

OP  9/03/10 9:14:03 PM#26
Originally posted by Demonspirit8

If someone had already paid for MoM and they just use f2p option on there account do they lose access to MoM areas?

No you will still have MoM

erictlewis

Advanced Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

9/03/10 9:14:11 PM#27

Lol us liferes got 500 ponts a month, and those toom are by toon not acount.  wow that list has everything covered.  I recon turbine is going to make a killing as folks are going to watn all that stuff, especially the tomes.  So much for advantage items not being in the store.

I wonder what happens to us perfectionist who did all the deeds already, there was a huge debate asking for retroactive points, that never was solved.

Oh well, I wish you guys who stick with it luck.

MMOman101

Apprentice Member

9/03/10 9:15:50 PM#28

Or what if you purchase the client/key after the FTP goes live will you be able to input the key and get the 30 days with the benefit of being a person who has a paid for both the game plus the x-pac?

I hope that makes sense.

You really do know this very well.

User Deleted

OP  9/03/10 9:20:19 PM#29

Or what if you purchase the client/key after the FTP goes live will you be able to input the key and get the 30 days with the benefit of being a person who has a paid for both the game plus the x-pac?

I hope that makes sense.

You really do know this very well.

Yeah you can still buy boxed version to upgrade to MoM...SoM was always only Digital Downlaod.

User Deleted

OP  9/03/10 9:21:51 PM#30
Originally posted by erictlewis

Lol us liferes got 500 ponts a month, and those toom are by toon not acount.  wow that list has everything covered.  I recon turbine is going to make a killing as folks are going to watn all that stuff, especially the tomes.  So much for advantage items not being in the store.

I wonder what happens to us perfectionist who did all the deeds already, there was a huge debate asking for retroactive points, that never was solved.

No is 500 per account not toon...otherwise people would buy 10slots to get 5k turbine points a month.

MMOman101

Apprentice Member

9/03/10 9:26:36 PM#31

Last question, I promise.

Is it better to buy before the FTP or is there no difference?

Thanks again.

User Deleted

OP  9/03/10 9:33:30 PM#32

Last question, I promise.

Is it better to buy before the FTP or is there no difference?

Thanks again.

Makes no difference.. :)
  MMOman101

Apprentice Member

9/03/10 9:35:28 PM#33

Thanks again, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

User Deleted

OP  9/03/10 9:38:51 PM#34

No worries Hope you have fun in LOTRO...it is a great game

MMOman101

Apprentice Member

9/03/10 9:45:17 PM#35

Not sure what i am going to do.

I am going on a trip with the wife this 3 day weekend; kids going to the grandparents house.....should be very nice.

I have a business trip later in the month.

I am going to be out of pocket this month when it comes to gaming.

I have been thinking of trying to get a group togther for Vanguard.  I noticed that a group of people just came back now though so I am not sure if that will work.  I may be missing the timeline on V:SoH.  Since LOTRO is going FtP that may be the next best option.

I figure i will put a V:SoH post up at the end of the month and find out if anyone wants to put togther a group.  If it flames out I think LOTRO is the next best thing. 

User Deleted

OP  9/03/10 9:54:31 PM#36

Not sure what i am going to do.

I am going on a trip with the wife this 3 day weekend; kids going to the grandparents house.....should be very nice.

I have a business trip later in the month.

I am going to be out of pocket this month when it comes to gaming.

I have been thinking of trying to get a group togther for Vanguard.  I noticed that a group of people just came back now though so I am not sure if that will work.  I may be missing the timeline on V:SoH.  Since LOTRO is going FtP that may be the next best option.

I figure i will put a V:SoH post up at the end of the month and find out if anyone wants to put togther a group.  If it flames out I think LOTRO is the next best thing. 

Yeah they are both great games, I just actually renewed my VG sub today to see how the game is doing after two years...I just started a necro.

The only thing VG suffers from is from a severe lack f population but the people who do play are very nice and welcoming so they make up for the small numbers.
  erictlewis

Advanced Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

9/04/10 12:07:52 AM#37

No is 500 per account not toon...otherwise people would buy 10slots to get 5k turbine points a month.

OK I think you misunderstood what i was trying to get across.

I realize you get 500 tp per account.

What I was trying to say is that if you buy a stat tome the 394 tp one for example, well that's not for the entire account that's for one toon.  So saying that its a bit costly,  

See you get 500 tp per account but the tomes only go per toon, and the price is just crazy, but that's been highly debated already in the lotro forums. I'm just saying 500 a month does nothing when you have those prices in the store.

User Deleted
9/04/10 4:52:27 AM#38

I think the store is awesome. You know why? Goldfarmers will hardly touch this game because they can't compete as much anymore unless they hack the game!! :D Awesome.

Rocketeer

Advanced Member

9/04/10 3:10:21 PM#39

OK I think you misunderstood what i was trying to get across.

I realize you get 500 tp per account.

What I was trying to say is that if you buy a stat tome the 394 tp one for example, well that's not for the entire account that's for one toon.  So saying that its a bit costly,  

See you get 500 tp per account but the tomes only go per toon, and the price is just crazy, but that's been highly debated already in the lotro forums. I'm just saying 500 a month does nothing when you have those prices in the store.

It depends. Yes if you buy stat tomes it wouldn't get you far. However if your a lifer like me who doesnt own mirkwood, i can buy it in less than 2 months with what they give me. Im more than fine with having to wait a month or 2 before they give me that expansion i lack for basically free(lifers get 1k points initially + what other VIPs get).

And otherwise 500 TP points amount to 6k points per year, looking at that list they could release 2 expansions a year without me ever having to pay a single $. Since im the patient kind of guy i will probably wait for sales to get stuff, so i would get even more for my points.

Btw according to this 5640 TPs are currently known to be earnable ingame, per character. Maybe that helps to put those storeprices in context.

Xondar123

Gumshoe

9/04/10 4:36:36 PM#40
Originally posted by Xondar123
Originally posted by MadnessRealm
Originally posted by sly220

God I hate that they did this to LoTRo.......................... I think yhou get a monthly allowance of points from what i remember

500 points for VIP (sub), 1000 for Lifetimers. Per month.

Holy crap, you can't do anything with that many points per month. It's not even worth it to get a sub.

Well except for the fact that you get all the content in the game with a sub..
500=$5 woth of points.

Sub + 500 points is better value than just buying 1500 points.

also if you buy a bulk month then it is only $10 a month.

What exactly do you get with a sub? And is there for anything special for people who own the game, but just aren't subbed at the moment?

Edit: Nevermind, question long answered.

xondar10 Xfire Miniprofile
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search