Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Camelot Unchained | Hearthstone

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,808 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,343
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
73 posts found
  User Deleted
2/21/14 3:34:33 PM#61
LOTRO has always been a shitty game. I hope this is the end for it, so the ip can be handed over to someone who creates a world as Tolkien described it, with a combat that avoids one falling asleep.
  Tibernicuspa

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/03/13
Posts: 1008

2/21/14 4:47:00 PM#62
Originally posted by Mr_C
LOTRO has always been a shitty game. I hope this is the end for it, so the ip can be handed over to someone who creates a world as Tolkien described it, with a combat that avoids one falling asleep.

Hell, I'd like to see it back in the hands of the original Turbine developers who were making it a sandbox game.

LotRO has always been devastatingly average to bad, at the best of times. The best thing that can be said for it is the art style, and the small residual features left over from when it was a sandbox game called Middle Earth Online (Morale system, music system, lorebook achievements).

 

Its a crime against the genre what Turbine did, taking a well loved, talked about, and supported game, and turning it into a mindless WoW clone. If you're going to, 9 months before launch, turn your game into a clone and focus entirely on instances and combat, at least make the combat good.

 

You get what you deserve Turbine. Chase the WoW crowd and now you're left with a forgettable MMO that pleases no one.

  tagos

Novice Member

Joined: 6/13/11
Posts: 12

2/22/14 7:08:44 AM#63
Originally posted by GetzMango
Originally posted by tagos
Originally posted by GetzMango
This thread make me sad, stop making me sad!

I stop myself being sad about the demise of a game I've played since exception by contemplating how much fun Elder Scrolls Online is going to be.  I played in the 2 beta weekends and am really looking forward to playing it for many years.

I'm not ready to put all my MMO eggs into the ESO basket just yet. I'm not convinced t is the game I'm looking for.

Horses for courses I guess. i'm a big ES fan in the first place and I really liked what I found and like even more what can be done.

  oldboygamer

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/11/14
Posts: 140

2/23/14 5:43:07 AM#64
Originally posted by Onsaboo
  • Right now there's spam threads and porn on the official boards which have been there for ages.
  • The last expansion was buggy as shit and STILL remains unfinished.
  • There is huge amounts of lag for many players which Turbine refuses to even acknowledge.
  • Turbine are consistently lying to its playerbase.
  • Turbine refuse to make any more group content and is bleeding players because of it; their replacement for end-game content, big battles, are shockingly bad.
It's time to give this beloved IP to another developer to salvage something from it. Turbine used to be an excellent dev but I no longer recognise this company.

 

 

Well I've played Helm's Deep all the way through to 95 and never encountered a single bug, and it was finished on release as far as I could see. The usual opinions on here pretending to be facts. Please don't believe all you read from the lotro haters.

  brokeheroin

Novice Member

Joined: 11/09/10
Posts: 1

2/23/14 1:57:03 PM#65
Originally posted by oldboygamer
Originally posted by Onsaboo
  • Right now there's spam threads and porn on the official boards which have been there for ages.
  • The last expansion was buggy as shit and STILL remains unfinished.
  • There is huge amounts of lag for many players which Turbine refuses to even acknowledge.
  • Turbine are consistently lying to its playerbase.
  • Turbine refuse to make any more group content and is bleeding players because of it; their replacement for end-game content, big battles, are shockingly bad.
It's time to give this beloved IP to another developer to salvage something from it. Turbine used to be an excellent dev but I no longer recognise this company.

 

 

Well I've played Helm's Deep all the way through to 95 and never encountered a single bug, and it was finished on release as far as I could see. The usual opinions on here pretending to be facts. Please don't believe all you read from the lotro haters.

Gotta love this guy, when you do a search on google LOTRO bugs there are thousands of search results raging from VIDEO evidence all the way from Players experiences  

Please don't believe all you read from the lotro lovers.  

It is a bad game filled with bugs and bad gameplay experience.  

 

  timidobserver

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/15/14
Posts: 247

2/23/14 1:58:22 PM#66
A friend and I logged back into LOTRO and tried to get back into it. After 3 days we didn't see a single other player. It was empty. We quit again shortly. 
  Lithuanian

Novice Member

Joined: 12/17/06
Posts: 178

2/24/14 8:44:32 AM#67
Originally posted by timidobserver
A friend and I logged back into LOTRO and tried to get back into it. After 3 days we didn't see a single other player. It was empty. We quit again shortly. 

No players in Bree / Thorins Hall? Which server is that dead?

http://www.mmoblogg.wordpress.com

  Shadanwolf

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/13/10
Posts: 1899

2/24/14 8:56:19 AM#68

If a business doesn't take care of its assets ...the MARKETPLACE  will punish them   and the value of the asset will diminish or even disappear. This is a punishment far greater than you not liking the state of a game.

Enough of this anti business drivel.

  xAPOCx

Novice Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 894

2/24/14 9:01:36 AM#69
Originally posted by Wiha
Originally posted by Malvious
well to bad they got the licence recently renewed until 2017.

Bad. I'd like to play a true Lord of the Rings game true to Tolkien's legacy. Lotro was even OK for a while but went right downhill after Moria imo.

This in spades.

  Rheanon

Novice Member

Joined: 2/07/06
Posts: 112

4/07/14 2:29:39 AM#70
Originally posted by Siug
Originally posted by Malvious
well to bad they got the licence recently renewed until 2017.

Bad. I'd like to play a true Lord of the Rings game true to Tolkien's legacy. Lotro was even OK for a while but went right downhill after Moria imo.

I agree that it went downhill after Moria.   Whats the level cap  now 95? 100?  After playing LOTRO for years, I realized that they wanted to keep their player base by increasing the level caps and forcing an endless grind race, instead of focusing on an interesting and creative endgame.  Its a shame.  It was a game with a lot of potential.

  Pratt2112

Elite Member

Joined: 2/12/12
Posts: 1303

4/28/14 11:44:21 PM#71
Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
Originally posted by Loktofeit
Originally posted by Netspook
Originally posted by ThomasN7
It is Turbine what did you expect ? It shocks me that people still think Turbine is actually good.

 

Said the one with an avatar from an EA game...

I got a kick out of that, too. :) 

 

I never found anything bad about Turbine. I mean, I did not like AC2 at all, but I'm not going to hate on a company because they made a game I didn't enjoy. 

Releasing a paid-for expansion for AC2 just a few months before shutting down the game was definitely a class act.

Legions released on May 4, 2005. The game went offline almost 8 months later on December 30, 2005.

That's 2/3 of a year, not "a few months".

They did not retain enough players to make the game viable and were left with the decision of taking it offline. People like you make it sound like they planned it that way or something.

I know there's this obsession with some people to try and villify Turbine for the whole AC2 thing. You guys have been at it since the game first went offline - and you're still at it now. It was a lie then. It's no less a lie now.

It's been 9 years. How about letting go, stop revising history, and move on already, eh?

 

  Vendaku

Novice Member

Joined: 3/08/04
Posts: 77

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. That is like mistaking a glass of milk for a cow.

4/28/14 11:48:23 PM#72
Porn on the official boards? I wonder how no staff member notices that.
  syriinx

Advanced Member

Joined: 9/24/13
Posts: 996

4/29/14 12:40:14 AM#73
Originally posted by Rheanon
Originally posted by Siug
Originally posted by Malvious
well to bad they got the licence recently renewed until 2017.

Bad. I'd like to play a true Lord of the Rings game true to Tolkien's legacy. Lotro was even OK for a while but went right downhill after Moria imo.

I agree that it went downhill after Moria.   Whats the level cap  now 95? 100?  After playing LOTRO for years, I realized that they wanted to keep their player base by increasing the level caps and forcing an endless grind race, instead of focusing on an interesting and creative endgame.  Its a shame.  It was a game with a lot of potential.

To be fair LOTRO shouldnt have an end game, it should be all journey.  But thats a game design thats tough to pull off.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search