Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | Dragon Age: Inquisition

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,663 Users Online:0
Games:686  Posts:6,082,819
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

7 posts found
  Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

OP  12/02/13 3:18:55 PM#1

This is the first And only MMO since EQ where i dont mind traveling long stretches...

the world feels like a world... Its immersive and just feels right when traveling the roads of middle earth.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations)
Currently playing : The Elder Scrolls Online

Sovrath

Elite Member

12/02/13 3:20:09 PM#2

I enjoy "thundering across the plains" of Rohan on the warsteed.

The new areas are really beautiful.

Boneserino

Apprentice Member

12/02/13 3:28:34 PM#3

It is a fantastic looking world  and I agree with you, I never get tired of traversing it either.   I would even say it is one of the main reasons I enjoy the game so much.  I am one player that just loves to look at the little details in games and wonder at who the designer was, that thought of such things.  They really create that immersive feeling.   The level detail in the town of Bree alone, is simply phenomenal.   It betters even Skyrim in that respect IMO, and that is a single player game.

It may seem like a stupid reason to play a game, but world detail is a big thing I look for in games.   I might even put it above game mechanics at times.   Sometimes it isn't about just being able to kill the next mob, but the anticipation of seeing what comes next ,  just around the corner!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

flizzer

Hard Core Member

12/02/13 3:29:29 PM#4
Sovrath, I got my war-steed and just went for a ride!   I love jus racing across Rohan. It is an absolute blast.  
  flizzer

Hard Core Member

12/02/13 3:31:44 PM#5
LOTRO is often put down as an "old game" but I still find the game looks amazing and as good or better than most games out today.  
  trancejeremy

Advanced Member

12/02/13 6:45:15 PM#6

While it's certainly better than most other games, at the same time, back in the days when you got a horse at level 35, it was a nightmare having to run everywhere.

Or in the case of Evendim, swim everywhere.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Kicksave321

Apprentice Member

12/02/13 8:48:02 PM#7
Originally posted by trancejeremy

While it's certainly better than most other games, at the same time, back in the days when you got a horse at level 35, it was a nightmare having to run everywhere.

Or in the case of Evendim, swim everywhere.

Ah yes then after all of us vets finished Evendim they added boats.  Ill always remember jump swimming back and forth.