Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,638,089 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,245
Turbine, Inc. | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Lord of the Rings Online Forum » General Discussion » All in One Expansion Pack Purchase?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  Eiado

Novice Member

4/27/13 10:01:38 AM#21
So... I don't play, like ever anymore. But I had a lifetime sub from a long time ago. I really like that I did that because I get a montly bonus of Turbine Coins. So whenever I do get on I can buy whatever the hell I want. Have they added gifting, because I always wanted to get the expansions for a friend of mine who wasn't lifetime like I was. Kinda tempted to play around on lotro again just for nostalgia sakes. But I'd be much more inclined to with Store gifting.
  Po_gg

Elite Member

4/27/13 10:59:26 AM#22
Originally posted by Wagrum

I'm about to login now and choose a server. I am leaning towards Brandywine :)

As I heard Brandywine is a nicely populated one among the former US servers.

I'm not sure how the mods like/dislike linking to other threads, but you should check this one :) 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/378990  not long ago mmorpg.com members gathered up and started on Brandywine, maybe you can contact them in-game with your character and ask a guild invite.

Wagrum

Novice Member

4/27/13 11:08:30 AM#23
Originally posted by Po_gg
Originally posted by Wagrum

I'm about to login now and choose a server. I am leaning towards Brandywine :)

As I heard Brandywine is a nicely populated one among the former US servers.

I'm not sure how the mods like/dislike linking to other threads, but you should check this one :) 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/378990  not long ago mmorpg.com members gathered up and started on Brandywine, maybe you can contact them in-game with your character and ask a guild invite.

Thank you, you've been so helpful :)

Po_gg

Elite Member

4/28/13 1:34:58 AM#24

And if you've settled, you could visit Bree for some firework fun, it worths checking and there's only one anniversary per year (obviously :) )

It worths not only for the fun ofc, more for the Firework steed. Turbine took out the barrier of winning races, so now it's probably the easiest achieveable 200HP horse in game (at least until the next festival event launches). So when you later get your riding skill, you'll have a 200hp one in your stable to ride instead of the regular 100hp ones.

And because the last update made the festival quests giving level-appropriate xp as well, that fireworking detour would fit nicely into the leveling process anyways.

Wagrum

Novice Member

4/28/13 2:03:11 AM#25

Thanks.

I'm a level 12 hunter at the moment, and with quest packs being around $8-10 each, it might be cheaper if I just subbed for a month and try to rush to 50.

Then maybe purchase the triple expansion pack from Steam.

See how I go.

I posted on that thread you linked, but haven't heard anything yet, it's been a lonely experience so far lol.

Po_gg

Elite Member

4/28/13 2:44:01 AM#26

I'm not on Brandywine because of the 6-7hours delay from Eu (so I can't check their status), but what I ment with "maybe you can contact them in-game" is the friends panel :) Have you contacted them through that?

They posted the character names for that reason, you can add the names to your friends panel and you can see if they're online or not. And you can mail them a greeting as well, with an invitation request.

1 month vip is a very common "tactic" among f2p players, since after that expires you'll become a "former subscriber" with Turbine and you'll keep a lot of things unlocked on your character (bags, trait slots, swift travel, no gold limit, etc). Plus you get 500TP. But I'd suggest to wait with it until you finish the Lone Lands. You can play until 30 without much restrictions, and with this way you won't need to rush anything (you can get from 30 to 50 in a month easily, even if you hopping around on one leg :) ).

Edit: + if you start your vip month at 30, then - since the whole area opens up - you don't have to restrict yourself on the Evendim+Angmar route, you can level in any part of Eriador, and you'll have the time as well to explore all of them.

Trollshaws and Misty Mountains are great areas for example, not too much quests (so they won't be enough for leveling), but nice ties to the lore - checking the three stone Trolls, or diving into Goblin-town looking after Bilbo's buttons and visiting Gollum's cave is awesome :)

2 Pages « 1 2 Search