Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2 | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,788 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,455
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

6 posts found
  Sumo79

Novice Member

OP  4/19/13 8:38:22 PM#1
I just have to point out that Turbine has done a great job of keeping the graphics up over the last 6 years.  I remember 6 years ago they looked good and today, although much improved, still look good.  The DX11 effects are fantastic, and its performance is smooth.
  VooDoo_Papa

Advanced Member

4/19/13 8:44:53 PM#2
ya the graphics engine is ideal. runs great, looks great

leojreimroc

Apprentice Member

4/21/13 9:52:34 AM#3
I played the other day and I actually thought that it's starting to show its age.  In no way do I mean that the graphics are bad by any means, just probably not the same caliber as some more modern MMOs.  But yeah, it is still aging quite well.
  xalvi

Novice Member

4/21/13 10:47:58 AM#4
Originally posted by leojreimroc
I played the other day and I actually thought that it's starting to show its age.  In no way do I mean that the graphics are bad by any means, just probably not the same caliber as some more modern MMOs.  But yeah, it is still aging quite well.

Agreed 100%.

Back in SoA days though, this game was the holy grail of all mmos when it came to graphics. And it is starting to show its age, however for a 6 year old game its pretty solid.  comparing with modern mmos you will see this.

WalterWhite

Apprentice Member

It's time to cook.

4/21/13 12:10:29 PM#5
Also LotRO has vast landscapes which seems to go on for quite a distance when compared to some modern MMO's which can be quite linear and small, which is very good for a 6 year old game.

User Deleted
4/21/13 12:17:38 PM#6

Yup, and it has some pretty low requirements, even the OSX version. A good win for cross-platform gaming.

Once the Unity engine gets more traction, I expect we will see more Windows/OSX/Linux/iOS/Android hybrid games. That engine is going to give a lot of the aging MMO engines a run for their money. Most everything I've seen developed with it is very nice in the graphics department.