Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,858,739 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,243,938
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Lord of the Rings Online Forum » General Discussion » Why this game needs to shut down and be remade by another company!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  marcust

Existentialist

1/08/13 2:37:23 PM#21
Originally posted by Thenextbigthing
Originally posted by fat_taddler

If you're a fan of the books and the lore, LOTRO offers an absolutely amazing PvE experience. 

@OP What is it that you're looking for in a LOTR themed MMO that the current game doesn't offer or do well?   

PvP is really the only crappy aspect of the game in my opinion.  

I agree, these forums are full of ignorant people who don't play or haven't played for years. I'm having as much fun on Laurelin, in fact more fun, than ever, with all the changes since launch. It's as good as it's ever been with enough players to make it feel vibrant on my server. I've played most mmos since UO and lotro is head and shoulders above pretty much everthing, including new crap like ToR and TSW, when it comes to RP and immersion.

Well said.

People get so focused on the mechanics and totally ignore the community.

Lotro and Darkfall have the best communities by far, look forward to spending my year in both of them.

Playing: Lotro, DOTA2, ESO, Darkfall
Also played and worth mentioning: UO, WoW, Lineage2

User Deleted
1/08/13 2:44:24 PM#22
Originally posted by marcust

Well said.

People get so focused on the mechanics and totally ignore the community.

Lotro and Darkfall have the best communities by far, look forward to spending my year in both of them.

Darkfall has a good community?  lol, last time I logged in it was nothing but bro-speek and people insulting each others mom's.  Literally.  I thought for sure I had logged into the middle of some ironic conversation about yo mama jokes or something, but it truly was just a bunch of guys named stuff like "xxdkforuxx" and "comgetsumxxx" arguing about how elite they are.

Darkfall has the same community that any random FPS has.

Filosofi

Novice Member

1/18/13 9:26:11 AM#23
Come on now... With Blizzard LoTRO would be all candy colours and stupid looking characters. Wow is a game for kids and/or stupid. Mindless grinding, hundreds of clones running around being rude, no decent community... Bah I say, BAH. I've played LoTRO for about a month now and I'm just loving it. I bought Triple Expansion Pack for 20 dollars, and now only expansion I don't have is RoR. Plus I am now a Premium player, so I don't have so big restrictions that pure F2P have. Turbine has done well changing the game's paying model. Now ppl can buy what they feel is important to get AND you can grind Turbine Points in game. So if you really don't feel about paying anything, you can grind your pompom off to get you enough TP to buy expansions. Or atleast quest packs... I like the combat very much, different classes offer very different fight mechanics. And slower pace is good, I'm not ADHDCoD kid. And animations are just fine, eyecandy is the least important aspect of the game for me. AND I JUST LOVE MY DWARF! He is so funnylooking when running! LoTRO is mostly a game for grownups. Community is absolutely the best I've ever heard off. VIP players (subscribers) give free stuff to low level players even without asking. They offer their help in questing or crafting. Only annoying ppl are the WoW rejects, how come to F2P game and try to ruin the fun. WoW killed MMO community. And for that I hate WoW and cannot never forgive. Never forget, never forgive.
  strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

1/20/13 9:36:12 AM#24

It is hard to imagine another company would do better than Turbine has.  

The way they recreated Middle Earth is stunning.  The feel of it is absolutely perfect.  They do quite well at incorpoating both LOTR and The Hobbit (long before the movie was ever made) into the game as well as making their own, new storylines.  Frodo's quest is only part of the story here, and the game is so much better for being wider in scope this way.

Also this game has a surprising amount of depth.  Its not apparent at first, but the more you get into the game the more you realize that the classes here are the deepest classes since EQ1.

Some of the complaints are valid.  The cash shop is too in your face, post Moria content isnt as good.  But given the incredibly restrictive IP, Turbine has a knockout game with LOTRO.

Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!

1/20/13 9:40:38 AM#25
I am happy with Lotro the way it is. Turbine wins awards with their expansions, and they beat out Blizzard to win. It's the only game that has been able to keep my attention since SWG shut down.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search