Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | Hearthstone | Rift

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,259 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,671
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Lord of the Rings Online Forum » General Discussion » Is MEO Turbine's next project?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
45 posts found
  Lecheese

Apprentice Member

11/13/12 5:06:03 PM#41
Originally posted by Meridion

Complaining about loading screens and invisible walls in a game like LotRO is ridiculous, sorry.

Why? They weren't any loading screens or instances in Dark Age of Camelot. Nor were there any invisible walls anywhere near the gameplay areas.

There are no zones, instances, or loading screens in Darkfall, or Vanguard.

Lecheese

Apprentice Member

11/13/12 5:06:37 PM#42
Originally posted by trancejeremy
Originally posted by DavisFlight
Originally posted by The_Korrigan
Originally posted by mnwild1998
How open do you want it?  Its clear you dont have a high level charactor.  You can travel from Thorin's Hall all the way to Moria with out a single load screen.  Then you start hitting load screens because of the expansions, but what game doesnt have load screens when traveling to another part of the world?  

I have a high level character, and I agree on the artificial hills and also the invisible walls in some parts. Want a good example of invisible wall? Try to walk past the river in Rohan, to the east... on the shore, invisible wall.

Or if you try to climb the hills in the Shire. Or if you try to swim the Brandywine river.

I keep coming back because I love LotR and I invested a ton of time in the IP back in the Middle Earth Online days, and I keep thinking "maybe its not as bad as I remember it" but it always in.

That's pretty silly though. You can walk/ride from the West part of the Shire to Bree, to the Lonelands, to the Trollshaws, then down south to Eregion, then down south once more to Isengard, and then from there down to Rohan.

Only if you follow the road, if you try to leave the path at all you hit walls.

nolins12

Novice Member

11/16/12 3:20:34 PM#43
MEO will not if ever happen for a very long time
  tryklon

Apprentice Member

"The flow of time is cruel...its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

11/16/12 3:25:04 PM#44
Jesus! For a moment there I thought MEo standed for Mass Effect Online =P

Ehliya

Advanced Member

12/06/12 4:58:44 PM#45

I highly doubt Turbine will make another Middle Earth game.  They have alienated so many die-hard fans with their money-grubbing ways.  

I used to be a big fan of theirs until they turned into the lady in the upstairs room, with the tinny piano music from downstairs playing in the background, saying "Mister, I met a man once..."

NOTE - Geek points for who can place that above quote in the correct classic movie reference.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search