Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | H1Z1 | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,034 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,570
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Lord of the Rings Online Forum » General Discussion » So I hear all these people saying...

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
101 posts found
  DavisFlight

Elite Member

10/26/12 11:42:44 AM#101
Originally posted by rwyan

I remember following MEO after Turbine inherited the project.  Based on what I remember, the game was going to be a bit more "old school" in nature... not necessarily sandbox but not the WoW-inspired clone it is today.  It was described as both class based and skill based (some skills shared amongst all/most classes).  An advanced class system was too be tied to some sort of alignment system (good vs evil).

I also remember a lot of information being shared right before Turbine went into blackout mode... emerging with the game we have today.

9 months of total radio silence where people were begging for screenshots, videos, even a news post, anything. 

Little did we know that the game we spent years building a community for was more or less entirely scrapped. The game got delayed AGAIN. The devs we'd built relationships with were sacked or moved to other projects. Awful. Worst, was that Turbine tried to play it off like this was a GREAT development that we should be excited about. "We now have singular control over the game! Woo!" 

That's when I learned not to get excited for MMOs. 

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search