Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | World of Warcraft | Swordsman

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,962 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,475
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Lord of the Rings Online Forum » General Discussion » RoR adverts false advertising

5 posts found
  McGamer

Novice Member

"Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering" -Master Yoda

OP  10/18/12 4:25:06 PM#1

Turbine seriously needs to stop misleading players into buying a cheap & lazily coded expansion that is Riders of Rohan. In their ads they claim one of the features is to "...charge into combat on your warsteed..." 

In order for that to be accurate, Turbine needs to put an asterisk by the claim because the advert suggests you can do this anywhere in the gameworld which is false. Players are ONLY able to use mounted-combat in the new expansion area of Rohan.

Every other mmo in history that has added mounted-combat does not have region restricted use. So the fact that Turbine expects players to spend any amount of money on lazily built code is laughable at best.

Illudo

Apprentice Member

10/18/12 4:29:54 PM#2

Well there is no place for mounted combat outside of the max leveling zone really. As far as I know the Roving Warbands only spawn there.
Besides that, when WoW introduced flying mounts, they were only useable in Outland and Northrend, later in Cataclysm in all of Azeroth.
And it's no false advertising as you can charge into combat on your warsteed, just not everywhere.

Tamanous

Elite Member

10/18/12 4:37:49 PM#3

You are nitpicking.

If a game says you can do something it does not matter where or under what restrictions. If you can do it at some point, somewhere they can advertise to their hearts content. You could kill Onyxia in her lair in Wow after a long attunement quest chain yet you did you hear anyone bitching that they couldn't kill her in starter zones? Ya pretty sure most people's intelligence quotient is high enough to understand that.

Also it would take a complete idiot not to know that this is the PRIMARY feature of this expansion and can only occur in the new lands. I suggest going back in time and complain to Blizzard that you couldn't use flying mounts on the main continents for years.

You stay sassy!

Reklaw

Elite Member

The adult I am takes care of most things real life. However my inner-child is a GAMER!!

10/18/12 4:45:01 PM#4
Originally posted by Czanrei

Turbine seriously needs to stop misleading players into buying a cheap & lazily coded expansion that is Riders of Rohan. In their ads they claim one of the features is to "...charge into combat on your warsteed..." 

In order for that to be accurate, Turbine needs to put an asterisk by the claim because the advert suggests you can do this anywhere in the gameworld which is false. Players are ONLY able to use mounted-combat in the new expansion area of Rohan.

Every other mmo in history that has added mounted-combat does not have region restricted use. So the fact that Turbine expects players to spend any amount of money on lazily built code is laughable at best.

Could you actually post a link where you have read that claim you speak of.

Only thing I found was the following but nowhere do I spot them telling that you can do this anywhere.

In The Lord of the Rings Online™: Riders of Rohan™, the War-steed is your personal combat mount. It gains experience, levels up, and can be equipped with a Legendary Bridle—bringing the Legendary Item equip total to three during mounted combat. The War-steed can be trained and specialized in a variety of ways; earning specific trait points will allow you to improve their attributes,acquire new skills, and improve your own mounted combat skills.

Unlike standard travel mounts, War-steeds hail from a long lineage of majestic, highly intelligent, and kingly creatures known as the Mearas. They are faster, stronger, and thoroughly trained for battle.

Thenextbigthing

Apprentice Member

10/23/12 2:54:33 PM#5
Originally posted by Czanrei

Can you please name some for us instead of making wild generalisations? I've been playing mmos since UO was released and can't bring one to mind that has done what you claim.

It's making me laugh the few haters who are crawling from under stones to have a go at RoR, all weak at best. Glad i've got the sense not to believe all the BS posted on here in the last few days. I hope those considering coming back ignore the jealousy aimed a game that is still going strong after 5 years when recent games are dying.