Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,639,896 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,571
Turbine, Inc. | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/24/07)  | Pub:Midway Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

8 posts found
  spankybus

Apprentice Member

"Don''t touch that squirrel''s nuts!" - Willy Wonka

OP  3/22/09 1:34:22 PM#1

I am posting to ask if anyone is aware of the availability and name of curved elven sword. THe type I am referring too is held in the hand of the sample female elf at the start of the character creation screen. Shown here...

http://www.spankybus.com/curved_elven_blade.jpg

There is a debate going on at teh codemasters forums, but its turned into a discussion on lore and not the game object in question.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173190

Can we get word maybe from a developer or com manager if this art was only used in teh character creation screen, but no in-game weapons like this exist yet? Do someone use one?

Thanks for your time, mates!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
www.spankybus.com
-3d Artist & Compositor
-Writer
-Professional Amature

Nuich

Novice Member

3/22/09 1:39:06 PM#2

It kinda looks like a Falcata to me or a Falchion.

Good luck

Sovrath

Elite Member

3/23/09 8:57:16 AM#3

I have never seen this in game though I have a sword that is very similiar called the Defender of Gwingris.

It's not really usable because of my level but I keep it as a collectable.

BesCirga

Novice Member

3/23/09 10:35:37 AM#4

That is indeed the blade called Defender of Gwingris...

How to get it: Kill lizards east of Gwingris till they drop a satchel. Bring satchel to NPC in Gwingris. Quest updated to a misson were you need to collect lost crates and satchels in the same area as the lizards (east of Gwingris) Afterwards you are rewarded with the elven curved blade; Defender of Gwingris.  

Its a nice blade as a off-hand weapon for a Lore Master

Sovrath

Elite Member

3/23/09 12:30:52 PM#5
Originally posted by BesCirga

That is indeed the blade called Defender of Gwingris...

How to get it: Kill lizards east of Gwingris till they drop a satchel. Bring satchel to NPC in Gwingris. Quest updated to a misson were you need to collect lost crates and satchels in the same area as the lizards (east of Gwingris) Afterwards you are rewarded with the elven curved blade; Defender of Gwingris.  

Its a nice blade as a off-hand weapon for a Lore Master

It's almost exactly the same except that the sword in the character creator is a 2 hander. It's much longer.

BesCirga

Novice Member

3/23/09 3:14:26 PM#6

After a second glance I see you are absolutely right, it is bigger. Atleast we can establish that this particular weapon art is in-game, and not just on the character creation screen   

spankybus

Apprentice Member

"Don''t touch that squirrel''s nuts!" - Willy Wonka

OP  3/23/09 4:32:21 PM#7

Indeed! and its such a totallt unique design compared to teh straight sword, yet it is so rare? You think a clear design difference wi=ould be made between elf and human work. /shurg

So we know that a 1-h version does exist, but the 2h demo may be in the character selection window only? Cuz the big one looks awesome~ so it figures that we can't have it! lol (that's what she said)

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
www.spankybus.com
-3d Artist & Compositor
-Writer
-Professional Amature

fortuente

Novice Member

3/24/09 1:46:20 AM#8

I was curious about the Defender of Gwingris so I looked it up and thought I might as well post a link here for anyone else who is curious

quest:

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Quest:Remaining_Goods

sword:

http://lorebook.lotro.com/index.php/Weapon:Defender_of_Gwingris