Square Enix has revealed new details about a pair of events that will arrive with the next patch in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Ace detective "Hildebrand" will take a prominent place along the story arc as he is off to discover the identity of the writer of a mysterious letter. In addition, the first details have emerged about a new Leviathan battle.
Leviathan - Lord of the WhorlThe Sahagin, the reviled beast tribe native to the Indigo Deep, have succeeded in summoning forth their voracious god, the primal Leviathan. How will the Warriors of Light stand against the might of the sea's most diabolical denizen?
Read more about each at the links above.
Lastly, the team announced the details for the next Letter from the Producer Live event:
Date & Time: March 21, 2014 from 2:30 a.m. (PDT)
Themes: Delve deeper into the new content to be introduced in patch 2.2!
- Preview the new beast tribe quests, which will offer a look into the inner workings of Kobold and Sahagin society.
- Discover what new cases await the ever-discerning eye of Hildibrand?agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire.
- Catch a glimpse of glamours, magicks adventurers may use to alter the appearance of gear.
- Learn more about ventures, and the various new tasks you will be able to assign to your retainers.
- Main scenario writer Kazutoyo Maehiro will make an appearance to talk about the game's story and quests, as well as answer burning questions from our players.
- YouTube Live
- Niconico Live