Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,641,892 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,116
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

5 posts found
  Leiros

Hard Core Member

"mmorpg.com forums: Where SWG vets go to die."

OP  8/18/13 2:38:52 AM#1

So I've been in the "open beta" since Friday morning. When I hit level 10 I went to Limsa Lominsa and picked up fishing... and damned if I haven't spent the last two days fishing lol! It's addictive. The "Fishing Log" is actually pretty cool. I've had a blast finding new fishing spots and trying to catch each variety of fish that they have. It's refreshing to play a game where you actually have to select the type of bait that specific fish respond to and not just point and click. There are even certain fish you can only catch at night etc.. The sad thing is that I hit level 15 on fishing before hitting it with my Marauder . I'm having a blast with this game and plan on playing it for a long time.

Have any of you tried out the fishing in FFXIV? What do you think about it?

Br3akingDawn

Apprentice Member

8/18/13 2:48:03 AM#2
I love it. I do it with my eyes closed now. just.. listening to the line and sound. blind man fishing is great!!!

Margulis

Advanced Member

8/18/13 2:52:49 AM#3
I haven't tried it I'm still catching up on the story by watching 1.0 cut scene videos, but that sounds awesome.  Vanguard is the only mmo I've played so far with any sort of fishing that is half way decent.  Is there any mechanic to catching the fish other than clicking when there is a sound or rustle of the line?  I would like that too if it was a bit more in depth
  sudo

Hard Core Member

8/18/13 3:07:50 AM#4

Margulis, there was a minigame to fishing in 1.0 but they've removed it now. It's qutie wow/lotro style right now. The only difference being, you have to actually consider the place you fish in, time of the day, lure and some other minor details.

It's still fun and entertaining enough, imo.

Oh, and you've also got some skills you can use while fishing, such as, use your current fish on the line to try and lure a bigger fish and such.

I hope that higher level fishing will be even more in depth.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

Br3akingDawn

Apprentice Member

8/18/13 3:10:05 AM#5
cant wait to fish up gochilla.