Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,281 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,027
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » Open beta - character wipe after or no?

14 posts found
  Margulis

Advanced Member

OP  7/10/13 8:06:08 PM#1
I've heard some talk that there will not be a character wipe after open beta but does anyone know if this is confirmed or not?  Usually it's only f2p games that keep ob characters into release but that would be cool if there isn't a wipe.
  PulsarMan

Advanced Member

7/10/13 8:21:56 PM#2

It's been confirmed. I'll try to find it for you, but I may just get irritated and do something else instead. 

They won't wipe unless they absolutely have to. 

PulsarMan

Advanced Member

7/10/13 8:22:50 PM#3
  Boudewijns

Advanced Member

7/10/13 8:26:01 PM#4

well i think there will not realy be a open beta same as the first version, the next stage there will be more players invited just before the release but a open beta like other mmos, nope

btw ne1 got a idea when they r going to put the summoner in i reinstalled the game specialy for that and nothing .....

Margulis

Advanced Member

OP  7/10/13 8:29:01 PM#5
Originally posted by PulsarMan

Here you go, sir. Scroll to the last page. 

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf

Hey thanks for posting this.  Kind of ambiguous, there will be no character wipe, unless there needs to be a character wipe.  :/

Laughing-man

Hard Core Member

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

7/10/13 8:30:57 PM#6
Originally posted by Boudewijns

well i think there will not realy be a open beta same as the first version, the next stage there will be more players invited just before the release but a open beta like other mmos, nope

btw ne1 got a idea when they r going to put the summoner in i reinstalled the game specialy for that and nothing .....

Everyone who bought the game already can play in phase 3, that was already a thing.

Phase 4 Open beta will be an open beta to try out and test the game for everyone.

And I'm not going to tell you about summoner, everyone will be playing it already as it is :-p

Laughing-man

Hard Core Member

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

7/10/13 8:32:24 PM#7
Originally posted by Margulis

Hey thanks for posting this.  Kind of ambiguous, there will be no character wipe, unless there needs to be a character wipe.  :/

Its that way because this was just after a scandal with Neverwinter where a lot of people got away with a huge exploit and they refused to wipe the server.

So Yoshi P was answering in the only real way he could, essentially if there is a game breaking exploit discovered then they will wipe.  Which was the right call, sadly Perfect World / Cryptic didn't wipe and tragedy happened.

aerinndis

Novice Member

7/10/13 8:40:23 PM#8
Trust me, if a game breaking exploit occurs, you'll be glad they wiped. Look at Neverwinter...
  intrinsc

Hard Core Member

Trust, but verify.

7/10/13 8:46:51 PM#9
Never trust anyone that opens up with "trust me".
  Skaioverride

Advanced Member

7/10/13 8:48:20 PM#10
Originally posted by Boudewijns

...they already stated open beta for phase 4 in the next few weeks, and the rest of the new content like the summoner and more zones at launch, (thats after august 27 in case you cant figure it out)

Margulis

Advanced Member

OP  7/10/13 9:31:31 PM#11
Originally posted by Laughing-man
Originally posted by Margulis

Its that way because this was just after a scandal with Neverwinter where a lot of people got away with a huge exploit and they refused to wipe the server.

So Yoshi P was answering in the only real way he could, essentially if there is a game breaking exploit discovered then they will wipe.  Which was the right call, sadly Perfect World / Cryptic didn't wipe and tragedy happened.

Yeah that makes sense I suppose - I actually wasn't super familiar with what happened with Neverwinter.

Mothanos

Hard Core Member

7/11/13 3:06:17 AM#12

Yes open beta will be full wipe and launch will be full wipe untill early acces.
Thats why i dont play anymore beta's and open beta's of FF ARR.
Dont wanne get burned out before the game releases and i dont wanne know how the story unfolds yet before launch.

Game is super polished and its tenfold better then most other mmo's i played in closed beta.

http://speedtest.net/result/2112016336.png

Mirathel

Advanced Member

7/11/13 6:23:42 PM#13
Originally posted by Mothanos

Yes open beta will be full wipe and launch will be full wipe untill early acces.
Dont wanne get burned out before the game releases and i dont wanne know how the story unfolds yet before launch.

Game is super polished and its tenfold better then most other mmo's i played in closed beta.

once phase 4 starts (open beta) they aren't wiping ANY data. All characters will be carried over into release.

Shauneepeak

Hard Core Member

7/11/13 6:48:45 PM#14
Originally posted by Mirathel
Originally posted by Mothanos

once phase 4 starts (open beta) they aren't wiping ANY data. All characters will be carried over into release.

What he says is true Phase 4 characters will carry over into the final product. Also are the upping the level cap in Phase 4?