Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,138 Users Online:0
Games:738  Posts:6,238,373
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

7 posts found
  neohero0001

Apprentice Member

OP  4/12/14 8:44:12 AM#1

Heys guys,

I am a fan of   FF games, but Hate FF XI    , so i didn´t a try on FFXIV: ARR yet . I was waiting for TESO but after a friend get bored in only two days i think that´s better use the money to finally try the ARR now.

I would like to ask the vets if the game is bored like FFXI and has the same issues ( cannot play without party, hardest game to find party, die with one hit after lv14 if not in party , etc ) or is really a new game that can be played in party and solo well.

Thanks in advance

drivendawn

Elite Member

4/12/14 8:51:46 AM#2
To answer your question yes you can solo and its easy to party for dungeons via duty finder.
  Jimmydean

Advanced Member

4/12/14 8:56:14 AM#3

It's has all the "conveniences" of a Modern MMORPG. Duty Finder, quick solo leveling, nerfs to content shortly after release, grind easy dungeons for good gear, etc. 

Not a terrible game, just not very good either.

kabitoshin

Hard Core Member

4/12/14 8:56:23 AM#4

The game is very solo friendly there's parts in the story where you have to do a few dungeons to progress through the story. If  you like the standard themeparks then it's a good game, this game is very well done and looks great. The class system is like FFXI where one charachter can be all classes/jobs.

Four0Six

Hard Core Member

4/12/14 12:20:28 PM#5

I am having trouble with the link ATM, which shouldn't be an issue since you found your way here, but if you go to Newegg.com, they have FF XIV for $15 digital download. :)

Look in Digital Games. :), or $20, plus $5 shipping,  and they will send you the CD.

Think I might give it a go myself.

RLWD

Apprentice Member

4/12/14 9:25:54 PM#6

Yes the progression up to level 50 is very easy and solo friendly(especially in the first class/playthrough).

So party is not required but if you like leveling up through dungeons, it's very easy to find a group through the duty finder(group finder) and the game has a lot of dungeons along the progression to endgame.

So yes, if those are the worries that are keeping you from trying the game, definitely give it a shot 

Hyanmen

Elite Member

4/13/14 5:23:36 AM#7

FFXI vs FFXIV:ARR

It's the same as comparing Warcraft 3 to World of Warcraft.

FF:ARR FATE grinding: People not having fun by doing something not actually intended to get to a point that doesn't really matter as fast as possible. Just so they can do the same thing over and over again to gain a piece of virtual loot.