Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,783,655 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,339
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  Allacore69

Elite Member

OP  4/07/14 6:09:35 PM#21

Originally posted by Sephiroso

Originally posted by Bloodaxes I can warn you from now but as dragoon you won't have much luck in dungeons even at 50 I'm sorry to say this having got 50 dragoon first myself :/ People prefer monk over dragoon IF they want a melee else they will pick black mages and/or bards for dps. Melee is treated like shit sadly. (Which is one of the most reasons I left the game)
That's purely because 99% of the Dragoon population are utter shit at the class. They chose the class with the "cool" looking armor and well, the rest is history.

I chose them because I love how it ties in so well with Gradinia. I love DPS but have never been fond of ranged classes. I didnt like starting in Ulh Dah or Limsa Lominsa. IDC how they look. I like their skills and how well the class is put together. I like having interrupts and bleeding the enemy.

Bloodaxes

Hard Core Member

4/07/14 6:24:57 PM#22
Originally posted by Bloodaxes

I can warn you from now but as dragoon you won't have much luck in dungeons even at 50 I'm sorry to say this having got 50 dragoon first myself :/

People prefer monk over dragoon IF they want a melee else they will pick black mages and/or bards for dps.

Melee is treated like shit sadly. (Which is one of the most reasons I left the game)

That's purely because 99% of the Dragoon population are utter shit at the class. They chose the class with the "cool" looking armor and well, the rest is history.

Not really.

A dragoon has high damaging hits but are slowish in execution while a monk deals less but a lot faster hits. A dragoon to maximize his damage needs to get fracture from marauders and use the other 2 DoT that dragoon have and also needs to keep them on 100% of the time AND still deal less damage than a black mage or bard. Dragoon jump skills are useless in dungeons you are risking a hit for less damage because again the animation takes so long you could have attacked twice.

There's no love for melee classes in ffxiv and that is one of the biggest reasons I got bored and left as I HATE ranged.

Most bosses deal aoe damage so parties prefer ranged classes.

It's a design flaw nothing to do with skill.

Only reason you even see melee in dungeons it's because they are the only classes that can use the high damaging ultimate else no one would want them.

Allacore69

Elite Member

OP  4/07/14 6:35:11 PM#23

Originally posted by Bloodaxes I can warn you from now but as dragoon you won't have much luck in dungeons even at 50 I'm sorry to say this having got 50 dragoon first myself :/ People prefer monk over dragoon IF they want a melee else they will pick black mages and/or bards for dps. Melee is treated like shit sadly. (Which is one of the most reasons I left the game)
Not really.

A dragoon has high damaging hits but are slowish in execution while a monk deals less but a lot faster hits. A dragoon to maximize his damage needs to get fracture from marauders and use the other 2 DoT that dragoon have and also needs to keep them on 100% of the time AND still deal less damage than a black mage or bard. Dragoon jump skills are useless in dungeons you are risking a hit for less damage because again the animation takes so long you could have attacked twice.

There's no love for melee classes in ffxiv and that is one of the biggest reasons I got bored and left as I HATE ranged.

Only reason you even see melee in dungeons it's because they are the only classes that can use the high damaging ultimate else no one would want them.

We have interupts that cancel AoE and a Jump Back Dragoon skill that takes us really far back out of an AoE in less then a second while everybody else is still scrambling to get out of the way. I stay alive in dungeons. My crits are exceptional too. The damage I put out and life leech to stay alive longer and parry skills and bleed effects make us ideal for any dungeon group. We also have a skill to put out more damage with a jump ability or and normal attack skill. Put it in better terms, we are power houses. I never played PvP yet but it seems like Dragoon would be a force to reckon with especially if we put bleed and use life leech and use interupts.

Bloodaxes

Hard Core Member

4/07/14 6:51:36 PM#24

I played the game for 3 months got dragoon at cap first did a shit ton of dungeon runs even got relic on dragoon, warrior and summoner and dragoon +1 relic spear jumps WON'T help you on titan, ifrit, garuda, coil bosses if anything you are just making yourself taking a free hit.

- The backwards jump is nice and all I used it too but the cooldown is too long and a boss fight as you might know won't last a minute so let's not count it as something so spectacular.

- The buff that makes your next attack crit and get life is good too but only for the crit part since you are capped on how much you get health and again marauders healing ability is a ton better on dragoon+blood for blood combo.

- The parry buff is useless even on warriors the damage blocked is capped and you don't have that much health to begin with so I and any dragoon I knew didn't use it at all, it's a waste of time get the crit buff from pugilist instead. (Combo it with blood for blood)

- Yes you have a buff that makes a jump ability APART of the best jump get boosted but did you also know that that same buff makes Jump deal same damage as the 3rd combo thrust? Yea nothing special considering you are rooting yourself during all the animation and risking a hit which could be fatal.

- Dragoons have only 1 interrupt the stun which while good once you reach endgame you will put it away as you will be screwing your team. Most bosses are immune to stun anyway I suggest you pick the attack that slows the target as it will help you more.

A tip DON'T stun ifrit unless you are told to or you will wipe the team.

When you stun someone they get immune for a few seconds afterwards, you simply can't stun just for fun you have the wait the opportunity and dragoon stun takes too much to finish animation. (You will see what I mean on chimera)

I never played pvp too my information is from dungeons I did with dragoon.

From what I remember for dragoon disembowel combo, fracture/bloodbath from marauder and pug crit buff are a must to have. (There's another DoT from dragoon but it has a hard name it has 170 power I think)

If you intend to keep on with dragoon I suggest you start using them in your fights to get to know how to fight with them.

Allacore69

Elite Member

OP  4/07/14 9:59:50 PM#25

I played the game for 3 months got dragoon at cap first did a shit ton of dungeon runs even got relic on dragoon, warrior and summoner and dragoon +1 relic spear jumps WON'T help you on titan, ifrit, garuda, coil bosses if anything you are just making yourself taking a free hit.

- The backwards jump is nice and all I used it too but the cooldown is too long and a boss fight as you might know won't last a minute so let's not count it as something so spectacular.

- The buff that makes your next attack crit and get life is good too but only for the crit part since you are capped on how much you get health and again marauders healing ability is a ton better on dragoon+blood for blood combo.

- The parry buff is useless even on warriors the damage blocked is capped and you don't have that much health to begin with so I and any dragoon I knew didn't use it at all, it's a waste of time get the crit buff from pugilist instead. (Combo it with blood for blood)

- Yes you have a buff that makes a jump ability APART of the best jump get boosted but did you also know that that same buff makes Jump deal same damage as the 3rd combo thrust? Yea nothing special considering you are rooting yourself during all the animation and risking a hit which could be fatal.

- Dragoons have only 1 interrupt the stun which while good once you reach endgame you will put it away as you will be screwing your team. Most bosses are immune to stun anyway I suggest you pick the attack that slows the target as it will help you more.

A tip DON'T stun ifrit unless you are told to or you will wipe the team.

When you stun someone they get immune for a few seconds afterwards, you simply can't stun just for fun you have the wait the opportunity and dragoon stun takes too much to finish animation. (You will see what I mean on chimera)

I never played pvp too my information is from dungeons I did with dragoon.

From what I remember for dragoon disembowel combo, fracture/bloodbath from marauder and pug crit buff are a must to have. (There's another DoT from dragoon but it has a hard name it has 170 power I think)

If you intend to keep on with dragoon I suggest you start using them in your fights to get to know how to fight with them.

I have died once in one dungeon and once on Garuda. I think I know how to use the Dragoon. All I got from your post was, "Dragoons are useless, play another class".

I guess you have these problems but I have never had any of those problems.

Solar_Prophet

Elite Member

4/07/14 10:22:42 PM#26

I can warn you from now but as dragoon you won't have much luck in dungeons even at 50 I'm sorry to say this having got 50 dragoon first myself :/

People prefer monk over dragoon IF they want a melee else they will pick black mages and/or bards for dps.

Melee is treated like shit sadly. (Which is one of the most reasons I left the game)

Not really.

And from that statement, pretty much anybody who's played the game for more than five minutes can completely discount anything you have to say.

The fact you think ranged does more damage than melee is laughable at best, as any reasonably well-played melee DPS class will obliterate a ranged one any day in terms of damage output. Yes, they're slightly more difficult to play during some fights, but the payoff is well worth it (good players know this). Yes, a black mage will do slightly better in AoE fights, and a bard will have less of a damage curve & can handle adds more easily, but monks and dragoons easily annihilate all comers in damage done, even with all the running around avoiding AoE... something which I rarely have a problem with BTW, and I'd hardly call myself a great player. 

As for the original topic... I've never had a problem. No matter what class I play, I can usually get into a dungeon in 20-30 minutes, at all levels. I also tend to play during prime times though, when everybody is trying to get their daily random dungeon finished.

Today's message is brought to you by the Federal Reserve! Printing two million more dollars by the time you finish reading this post!

Bloodaxes

Hard Core Member

4/08/14 3:19:58 AM#27

Unless something has been drastically changed from launch bards deal the most damage with black mages 2nd and bard are first because their best attacks have fast animations so you can use other skills or spam the same one just as what they did in the start (Which was lame btw). Summoners are third or best in damage only if the boss fight takes a long time as they have a lot of DoT skills.

Listen I applaud you for continuing with dragoon I'm just telling you what you will expect. You might be added in guild party runs but random parties want only the best damage dealers.

And ranged deals more damage because they don't need to move every 5 seconds to not get hit from the boss aoe, cone auto attack etc etc

Healers will hate and leave if melee don't dodge every single hit I've witnessed it a lot of times in titan that it was getting insanely stupid to find a friggen party to beat that thing as always someone screwed up even tough I as a dragoon had learned all the phases by heart and dodged everything.

Goodluck anyway maybe after they added that crystal dungeon they did some class tweaks as all I remember from the first 3 months is they shortened the jump animations and runing blood for blood because bards where making too much damage with it.

drivendawn

Elite Member

4/08/14 8:06:04 AM#28

Unless something has been drastically changed from launch bards deal the most damage with black mages 2nd and bard are first because their best attacks have fast animations so you can use other skills or spam the same one just as what they did in the start (Which was lame btw). Summoners are third or best in damage only if the boss fight takes a long time as they have a lot of DoT skills.

Listen I applaud you for continuing with dragoon I'm just telling you what you will expect. You might be added in guild party runs but random parties want only the best damage dealers.

And ranged deals more damage because they don't need to move every 5 seconds to not get hit from the boss aoe, cone auto attack etc etc

Healers will hate and leave if melee don't dodge every single hit I've witnessed it a lot of times in titan that it was getting insanely stupid to find a friggen party to beat that thing as always someone screwed up even tough I as a dragoon had learned all the phases by heart and dodged everything.

Goodluck anyway maybe after they added that crystal dungeon they did some class tweaks as all I remember from the first 3 months is they shortened the jump animations and runing blood for blood because bards where making too much damage with it.

No black mages did the most with dragoon in second barely then bard. However to answer your question yes bard was nerfed in 2.1 now they do the least of all the DPS. Which is as it should be given Bards freedom of mobility but even that was nerfed as well because you stop for a sec when doing skills rather than staying mobile.

Xatsh

Elite Member

4/08/14 12:45:56 PM#29

Mnk is the highest dps if they can keep up greased Lightning. Nothing really come close in most fights. Fights like Titan and Levi where the mob constantly goes out of attack range or imprisons you they take a massive hit to dps.

Smns are top dps only when there are multiple targets. Since they can put dots on all of them. If they are multiple targets nothing can top smn dps.

Blms are solid dds, but have issues if the fight requires alot of movement.

Drgs are an overall solid dps choice... Effected the lease from mob to mob mechanics in my opinion.

Honestly most the time in my statics of equally I-LvL ppl  Mnks, Blms, and Drgs will out dmg the Brd depending on the fight. Brd is rarely the top dps. Sometimes brd is ahead of some, sometimes not.

Why people like brds is thier survivability. They can stay out of Close range Aoes completely. And can attack while moving and running out of long range aoes/conals.

Bloodaxes

Hard Core Member

4/08/14 3:37:23 PM#30

Yes I know about monks dealing more than dragoons I said it too.

Both classes need to keep all buffs/debuffs 100% of the times to compete with the ranged classes damage and these buffs/debuffs requiring to hit the target from a certain position makes it worse specially with monks.

RLWD

Advanced Member

4/09/14 8:33:22 AM#31
Originally posted by Allacore69

So is this game top heavy or what? Like low level doing other classes have such a hard time finding groups for dungeons and FATES. It's kind of rediculas. I'm afraid to try other classes when I reach 50(currently lvl 45). And whats with all the elitist buttholes in the game. If it's my first time doing something, have patience. Don't call me a noob and rage quit just because we died once. It's called trial and error people. How is a new person supposed to learn if you keep rage quitting and calling them noobs. Rediculas.

Truly sucks that some people bash newcomers for not knowing the game like someone who has been playing it for months, but i assure you not everyone is like that :/.

If someone is bashing you just tell them to chill or ignore them, definitely don't let them get between your enjoyment of the game.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search