Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,837 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,733
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
65 posts found
  mayanking

Advanced Member

12/16/13 4:06:02 PM#61
as someone who likes this game i enjoy every update but housing prices we were all lead to beleive a small house would be 3X gold u get from questing 1-50 so my fc of 30 people got around 15mill just for a big house. come to find out on are server its 60million. theres no way in hell anyone on are server has that kinda cash *i feel extremely bad for all the legacy servers. I might have been more ok with housing prices if they were given least a month ago so maybe i can find a way to gather that much cash but as a heavy crafter gather i only managed to pull in 8mill. it sounds to me they want housing to be harder to get then anything else which is sad. :/ i hope to see them fix this because i dont beleive anyone is going to buy a house for those prices it just promotes buying gold online and if your in a big fc and 1 person does it gg to everyone else.. This doesn't promote anykind of helping just More primal slots more pricing everything which will hurt the game. they should have made the items you place in the house hard to get and pricey that would help that market considering crafters make it.
  simsalabim77

Novice Member

12/16/13 4:20:02 PM#62
Originally posted by ElirionLoth
Originally posted by simsalabim77
Originally posted by ElirionLoth

All of this raging is funny.  Everyone knows that the land prices start dropping as soon as they are released right?  The prices mentioned are only what they will start at.  Also, this isn't personal housing it is FC housing.  It's supposed to be a group effort not one person buying it.  My FC can afford a small land plot as soon as the patch is released but we are going to wait and work and get the gil for something bigger.  When we finally buy the land it will be a nice feeling to have accomplished something most guys in this thread deem too hard.

NEWS FLASH!  You may not be able to afford the large land plots as soon as the patch hits.  Depending on your play time and your FC size, you may never be able to afford the large land plots.  Set your sights on what is attainable and work towards it.  Not every FC is going to be able to get a large FC house on the beach. 

A medium sized plot on my server is 40 million gil which will come down to 20 in three months time. My FC has been saving for 2 months and we have about 7 million banked up, which I thought was pretty damn awesome, but it's not even close to enough. It's dumb to make what should be a casual feature such a massive grind, but hey if you're happy with it, good for you. 

IMO, there is plenty of casual content in the game already and more being added.  Rewards that require long term commitment are what will keep me playing the game.  I enjoy working towards a goal.  I consider that fun among other things.  Easy rewards lose their luster very quickly.  Different people enjoy different things.  They haven't made everything hardcore.  There is still plenty of immediate gratification rewards.

If you guys made 7 million in two months then you'll have enough for a small plot in another 3 months at most but likely sooner.  I'm sure your gil making ability will increase as your member's skills continue to increase.  That doesn't seem too bad to me.  It took me 13 months to get my first 75 in FFXI and boy was I excited when I got there (was my first MMO and I had a big learning curve).  I remember having to stop leveling for over a month just to make enough money for my haubergeon.  That type of content is what made the game enjoyable to me and why I played for so long.  I always had a goal to work towards.   

A small plot is around the size of a Mog House in FFXI. I'm not spending 20 million gil to buy a house for 20 people that's a single room shack.

I like having things to work towards too. I played XI, I did the year long grind to get to 75. I did CoP when it was hard. I spent weeks in Zi Tah farming Tree Cuttings to afford a Scorpion harness. I don't want everything to be casual, but housing isn't something I think should be so heavily gated. I'd be fine with it if the plots were cheaper and the furnishings were expensive, but as it stands, I think it's a very poorly designed. 

Rhime

Hard Core Member

12/16/13 4:22:28 PM#63
Originally posted by Hyanmen

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/03843d6bf7ba69adc37d7955ff7af43f3c43828a

The update is a bit on the small side but I guess it'll do.

LOL..yea right, more like a small expansion..ya troll.

Sephiroso

Elite Member

12/16/13 4:26:05 PM#64
Originally posted by Rhime
Originally posted by Hyanmen

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/03843d6bf7ba69adc37d7955ff7af43f3c43828a

The update is a bit on the small side but I guess it'll do.

LOL..yea right, more like a small expansion..ya troll.

The ability to detect sarcasm, non-existent in this one is.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

daltanious

Elite Member

12/19/13 8:33:29 AM#65
Originally posted by LeGrosGamer
 Like I said yesterday, FF14 is all about the quests, and it's nice to see them adding more quests, but once those are

Khm... FF14 is all BUT about quests. Rarely have seen such low number of quests in any recent released game. FF14 is about grind.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search