Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | EverQuest | World of Tanks

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,118 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,292,630
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
63 posts found
  rutaq

Hard Core Member

11/01/13 11:31:00 PM#41
Originally posted by rafalex007
would you please for the love of god relaize that the game have just lunched please please, stop thinking that you will get content that is enough for 10 years and find something else to play please

10 years, lol.  Seriously  the game was fun but it has very little content.  I am a casual player and sadly finished all the content up to the DarkLight farming at 50 in about a month, maybe 6 weeks.

I had a great time until I was forced to run the same couple of Dungeons (CM and AF) 50+ hours to get the first set of gear only to then have to run AF and Palace eight times a week for another couple months to get my Myth set with one night of playing around with Coil.

Sadly they made leveling so fast that there wasn't any time for them to add content before people hit wall and got stuck with lockout timers and days and day of gear grind through the same content over and over  :(

If they had reduced level advancement by 50%,  controlled that HUGE XP rewards for Zerged Fates and awarded tomes from ALL Dungeons. maybe even an extra weekly bonus for the first time through each particular Dungeon... then at least people would be encouraged to spread out and run different Dungeons and hopefully the DEVS could get Crystal Tower and the 24 man Raid stuff out before too many folks gave up hope.

skoupidi

Novice Member

11/01/13 11:33:05 PM#42

This game has no endgame content. 1 Raid and 1 four man dungeon is laughable at best.

Don't tell me leveling alts and crafting is endgame. It is only a waste of time for most people, because you can't really level more classes without spamming the same dungeons over and over or zerging fates (0 fun). And even if you created a new character, you would have to go through the same story/side quests as before, which makes me sick too.

I enjoyed the game for 1 month, until the only thing left for me to do, was farming the 4 man dungeon (AK) and the 1 Raid (Coil). At that point it became a chore.

Now, i understand having only 1 raid for endgame at launch. But having only 1 4man dungeon is just bad. 

Edit: Not to mention it launched without PVP either. So, imo this game has less content than any p2p AAA mmo i have played so far. Again, leveling other classes IS NOT content. 

rutaq

Hard Core Member

11/01/13 11:37:40 PM#43
Originally posted by skoupidi

This game has no endgame content. 1 Raid and 1 four man dungeon is laughable at best.

Don't tell me leveling alts and crafting is endgame. It is only a waste of time for most people, because you can't really level more classes without spamming the same dungeons over and over or zerging fates (0 fun). And even if you created a new character, you would have to go through the same story/side quests as before, which makes me sick too.

I enjoyed the game for 1 month, until the only thing left for me to do, was farming the 4 man dungeon (AK) and the 1 Raid (Coil). At that point it became a chore.

Now, i understand having only 1 raid for endgame at launch. But having only 1 4man dungeon is just bad. 

Especially in a game designed where you hit 50th level in just a couple weeks.   :(

User Deleted
11/01/13 11:52:13 PM#44

Woot just hit my first 50 in a little over two months. I am now a master botanist haha! Gonna focus on carpenter now (level 41). Haters can dismiss my playstyle all they want, SE got 6 months sub from me and my partner. Found a great FC on an awesome server (Balmung)

Grailer

Advanced Member

OP  11/01/13 11:58:36 PM#45
Originally posted by rutaq

Especially in a game designed where you hit 50th level in just a couple weeks.   :(

I got 2 50's I didn't even do FATES I just tanked in dungeons  which was instant que for tank . WAR and PLD.

But both PLD and WAR can wear exactly the same DL gear at 50 .

All I got to look forward to now is waiting for the weekly reset ,   might do a coil group if I get lucky  , being tank its usually easy to get in group .

And getting 300 tomes a week is piss easy doing speed runs since Im able to run them in about 15 mins .

Just not sure what else there is to do at end game , Its only a matter of time before I get full lvl 90 gear and that's with not running coil .

I just don't see any end game coming in the near future  unless there is an expansion  or some sort of raid with  LVL 100 gear set etc

skoupidi

Novice Member

11/02/13 12:52:20 AM#46
Originally posted by Foomerang

Woot just hit my first 50 in a little over two months. I am now a master botanist haha! Gonna focus on carpenter now (level 41). Haters can dismiss my playstyle all they want, SE got 6 months sub from me and my partner. Found a great FC on an awesome server (Balmung)

Even if you are a casual gamer. The fact remains the same : 1 dungeon and 1 raid is going to be your endgame CONTENT.

User Deleted
11/02/13 2:30:46 AM#47

Originally posted by Foomerang Woot just hit my first 50 in a little over two months. I am now a master botanist haha! Gonna focus on carpenter now (level 41). Haters can dismiss my playstyle all they want, SE got 6 months sub from me and my partner. Found a great FC on an awesome server (Balmung)
Even if you are a casual gamer. The fact remains the same : 1 dungeon and 1 raid is going to be your endgame CONTENT.

I don't raid or do dungeons. And somehow I have plenty of content. Go figure :)

skoupidi

Novice Member

11/02/13 2:52:05 AM#48

Originally posted by Foomerang Woot just hit my first 50 in a little over two months. I am now a master botanist haha! Gonna focus on carpenter now (level 41). Haters can dismiss my playstyle all they want, SE got 6 months sub from me and my partner. Found a great FC on an awesome server (Balmung)

Then why are you in an endgame content discussion, conserning dungeons and raids. Go have fun gathering and fate hunting.

User Deleted
11/02/13 3:05:19 AM#49

Then why are you in an endgame content discussion, conserning dungeons and raids. Go have fun gathering and fate hunting.

Because this thread is about end game content which has many definitions based on how you play. Just because its not how you play doesnt mean its not valid.

skoupidi

Novice Member

11/02/13 3:18:53 AM#50

Because this thread is about end game content which has many definitions based on how you play. Just because its not how you play doesnt mean its not valid.

Dude seriously, farming fates,leveling new chars and crafting and gathering are not endgame content, since those items from crafting are worse than the actual endgame gear obtained through dungeon farming and raiding. 

It is just content and "stuff to do" but not endgame content. Endgame content = doing hard dungeons/bosses/raids with more people and getting awarded with best in slot gear. Edit : also pvp. But they dont even have pvp yet in them game rofl.

rutaq

Hard Core Member

11/02/13 8:28:08 AM#51

Dude seriously, farming fates,leveling new chars and crafting and gathering are not endgame content, since those items from crafting are worse than the actual endgame gear obtained through dungeon farming and raiding. 

It is just content and "stuff to do" but not endgame content. Endgame content = doing hard dungeons/bosses/raids with more people and getting awarded with best in slot gear. Edit : also pvp. But they dont even have pvp yet in them game rofl.

I agree,  there are things to do in FFXIV but those things are not End Game content.  

The Producer  Yoshida even said End Game is ... " high-level challenge " content.   

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/yoshida-explains-ffxivs-endgame-content"

Ariely

Novice Member

11/02/13 8:44:09 AM#52

The main problem in this game ( for me) is the way they did things.

Yes, it's true u can play all classes, but u CANT lvl new classes the normal way, u need to spam fate's ( which in my opinion is the most crappy thing in this game and spamming that non stop will even bore u faster)

so people just play 1 class get to 50 farm myth which also takes time ( i'm not complaining on that) but after ur done with 300 of those, what's next?

there are no quest to re-roll a new class ( not taking those levequests into acount ).

so i do get what you are saying, and i feel the same way.

if only u could repeat every quest on a daily basis people would stay longer because there's something to do, atleast. And btw, housing and pvp isn't for everybody, so saying " housing is comming ! " doesn't mean sht. to allot of people.

Soki123

Apprentice Member

11/02/13 10:24:11 AM#53
My wife and I enjoy the game, but we think it needs a lot more time to mature. We re walking away from it for awhile, let it get a lot more content then we ll come back. We re subbed FFXI, because hell theres years of content, even for a duo. XIV is a good game, but that third char leveling almost killed me. Dailies will help, but not much. They need Fates that spawn zone events like Rift. Hell put in Instant adventures like Rift. WOW scenarios, etc, etc. Why they never put in Missions, with Ranking up like in XI, I ll never know, buying my way up to gain rank for the GC, with the easiest ways to gain seals through Fates just drove me nuts. As for the OP, yes end game needs a lot of work too.
  Tissmogi

Apprentice Member

11/02/13 1:10:40 PM#54
Originally posted by Distopia
Originally posted by marcust

Have you completed every achievement?

Have you maxxed out all crafting?

Roll an entirely new toon and play them as healer, the best tanks always also play a healer.

Roll a third toon (so you can redo quests) and play a dps toon.

There is too much focus on destination, not enough on the journey. 

I think the point that many who say such things miss is that the problem is, there is no real destination to reach in many of these games today. Not to mention that even for a casual player the journey isn't quite long enough to hold them over until there is such a thing to reach. Hence the fall from grace for many a title.

Exactly, back in the good old FFXI days the goal was 70. That was a journey and it meant something when you reached it. All along the way making money with crafting to get good gear, because gear meant something at the lower levels since you used it for quite some time. Crafting meant something because people needed gear and meds and food at lower levels.

Now gear means nothing until you get to the final gear set which then is artificially limited with time-out or caps to prolong the time it takes to get it. All the MMOs do this and its a load of bullshit.

This is what is wrong with games. Leveling up means nothing anymore. Anyone can reach max level in a few days. It's cosmetic and it drags down the whole rest of the game into a meaningless shallow grind.

We need HARD games not some pussy hand holding bullshit like WoW. Yeah, there i said it, WoW started this shit and everyone playing that atrocity of a MMO is to blame for the downfall of the genre.

User Deleted
11/02/13 1:27:11 PM#55

Just because I have a different perspective than you doesn't make me wrong. After all, this is a game that can be played many ways.

I could just as easily say you're doing it wrong. After all, these are persistent worlds we are playing in. Doesn't that seem counter intuitive to constantly try to beat a persistent world?

I don't have that mentality. In fact, one could argue that I play persistent world games the way they are meant to be played.

I consider raids, dungeons and pvp side activities that I can do when I'm not crafting, gathering, socializing, helping others. Treating high end raids as the ultimate end game is merely a suggestion not a requirement. Its for players like yourself that need to be told where to go and what to do next in an mmorpg.

Nothing wrong with that. Its just another way to approach playing in a persistent world. Just like my approach and many others as well.

Ridelynn

Elite Member

11/02/13 1:32:07 PM#56

So.. if end game consists of getting Best in Slot gear - is the amount of end game content then governed by the number of gear slots you have available, or by the drop rate?

Since there can only be one "Best" for each slot... and if anything that drops other-than-"Best" isn't considered endgame, then I'm a bit confused by what a lot of people on this thread are talking about.

Cymdai

Apprentice Member

It's my job to be objective, it's my right to have an opinion.

11/02/13 1:39:06 PM#57

Foomerang, I think you're missing the point.

What they're saying is,by the definition of the game developer, the end game content is designed to be challenging raids. At the same time, there are no real options other than farming non-challenging dungeons, and 1 raid dungeon (Coil).

In a sense, by Yoshida's definition, there is no end game content.

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

User Deleted
11/02/13 2:51:05 PM#58

Originally posted by Cymdai

What they're saying is,by the definition of the game developer, the end game content is designed to be challenging raids. At the same time, there are no real options other than farming non-challenging dungeons, and 1 raid dungeon (Coil).

So what is the point then? What are people trying to prove? I guess if there was something constructive coming from these "no content" posts I would see the point. But to dismiss everything else except one narrow point of view in order to support what? A negative stance for the sake of what? Sharing an opinion? If that were the case, then I wouldnt be harassed for sharing mine heh.

Cymdai

Apprentice Member

It's my job to be objective, it's my right to have an opinion.

11/02/13 5:11:39 PM#59

So what is the point then? What are people trying to prove? I guess if there was something constructive coming from these "no content" posts I would see the point. But to dismiss everything else except one narrow point of view in order to support what? A negative stance for the sake of what? Sharing an opinion? If that were the case, then I wouldnt be harassed for sharing mine heh.

The point, I gather, is that people are irritated that they were promised X and told that X would be the emphasis of the game, and there isn't enough X in place. X = challenging end-game raid content.

It'd be like if you went to a steakhouse because you wanted a steak, and when you got the menu, it ended up being a vegetarian joint with a steak sandwich as the only meat option. That still doesn't make it a bad place persay, but you're expecting a certain thing (based on the producer's words, not simple gossip/hearsay) and you're not getting enough of it, enough variety, or enough challenge.

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

User Deleted
11/02/13 5:57:18 PM#60

Originally posted by Cymdai Foomerang, I think you're missing the point.   What they're saying is,by the definition of the game developer, the end game content is designed to be challenging raids. At the same time, there are no real options other than farming non-challenging dungeons, and 1 raid dungeon (Coil). In a sense, by Yoshida's definition, there is no end game content.
The point, I gather, is that people are irritated that they were promised X and told that X would be the emphasis of the game, and there isn't enough X in place. X = challenging end-game raid content.

It'd be like if you went to a steakhouse because you wanted a steak, and when you got the menu, it ended up being a vegetarian joint with a steak sandwich as the only meat option. That still doesn't make it a bad place persay, but you're expecting a certain thing (based on the producer's words, not simple gossip/hearsay) and you're not getting enough of it, enough variety, or enough challenge.

Maybe thats the problem. People try to make their expectations universal for validation purposes.

In the steak example you gave, that person would then go on to say that restaurant is awful. Yet a vegetarian would think its great. Its fine to say something dpesnt satisfy you the way you thought it would or should. But to then jump over to the entire thing being unsatisfying for everyone is silly.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search