Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,638 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,208
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » The Binding Coil - World First!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  fistorm

Novice Member

9/27/13 3:37:23 AM#21
Originally posted by Krashner
Originally posted by RagnarHive
Originally posted by proxy42086
It isnt a true world first, the boss bugged out and stood there at 80% and did nothing they just dpsd it down

Call it what you want, but it was a World First. They got to see the cutscenes, lore and items before anyone else.

You're both right, they didn't earn the victory, but they beat it nonetheless. I don't believe they deserve bragging rights though.

On top of it all, SE issued a notice that anyone continuing to dps a mob that is immobilized instead of reporting it will get a data rollback or even possibly a ban for it.    I'm guessing they got a dataroll back and lost thier progress and loot for this.

Raxeon

Advanced Member

9/27/13 3:42:48 AM#22

All I am doing is stating the facts here. There is no need to get all defensive over the obvious. They were the first to finish the content, there is nothing more to be said on that end.

On the end that it is too easy: Crystal Tower is suppose to be "lower" in terms of skill and gear. With people being Coil, Crystal is going to be a breeze. They need to push out something for those who are progressing faster.

not all of crystal is easyer than coil is gets harder the higher you go

Zalmon

Apprentice Member

9/27/13 4:52:51 AM#23

All I am doing is stating the facts here. There is no need to get all defensive over the obvious. They were the first to finish the content, there is nothing more to be said on that end.

On the end that it is too easy: Crystal Tower is suppose to be "lower" in terms of skill and gear. With people being Coil, Crystal is going to be a breeze. They need to push out something for those who are progressing faster.

Your original statement was that they did it 'easy' and then you admit it was bugged (only because someone brought it up). So what is it..did they beat it easy because they are too L33T or because it was bugged?

You are alll over the place with your changing comments.

Asm0deus

Elite Member

9/27/13 4:54:21 AM#24
Originally posted by proxy42086
It isnt a true world first, the boss bugged out and stood there at 80% and did nothing they just dpsd it down

This here, they bugged the boss at 80% and exploited to completion with boss being able to do no damage to them.  They might get banned if SE gets prissy for their "world first".

case: Coolermaster HAF932
PSU: Antec EA 750watt
RAM: 2x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
cooling: Noctua NH-D14
storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

taus01

Advanced Member

9/27/13 7:28:25 AM#25

Congrats to the elite EU guild!

With the Coil being possible to complete easily and the Crystal Tower being a lower skilled raid, it makes you wonder what they are going to do for all these guilds that are coming across the finish line.

They abused a glitch that makes the boss not do anything from 80% on. This is not a world first and they hopefully get banned soon.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

Alamareth

Novice Member

9/27/13 7:38:54 AM#26

SE already addressed this with the 24 hour bug on Titan HM.  If a boss gets bugged, it is the player's responsibility to not abuse it.  They were quite clear on this.

If the FC reported the bug, kudos to them.  That is the sole reason why I wouldn't advocate a ban on them.  However, I can't think of a single reason why it was necessary to kill the boss from 80% if the boss was bugged.  That alone deserves some sort of punishment.

Xatsh

Hard Core Member

9/27/13 8:39:04 AM#27

They get no credit on the kill honestly in my books due to the glitch. Cheating to kill a mob does not mean you get credit on a world first. Same as cheating in RL gets your achievements stripped from you same here.

I do give them props for reporting it, not many would. It is probably a good thing they did though, it might save their account. I am almost positive SE would of looked at who ever beat it.

SE is known for taking a hard stance against exploiters. They banned 5% of their population in XI and banned/rolled back alot of people at the launch of XIV 1.0 for exploited bugs.

Yaevindusk

Advanced Member

Logic, reason and fact do not supersede human nature. Ignorance reigns without justice.

9/27/13 1:50:25 PM#28

If we want to get caught up on semantics, the testers were the first to see the cutscenes and "dungeon complete" notice.  Though competitively speaking, "World First" is a term used to designate the first true and honest kill that didn't use a cheat or exploit.  To say they were the first to beat the dungeon because they saw cutscenes and words is tantamount to saying that I got a world first because I saw said cutscenes leaked on the internet before anyone actually honestly beat it.  They are getting their items taken away (thus they have seen the same things I have with no benefit) with possible disciplinary actions taken against them due to ample warnings when it came to Titan (though the action itself may just be the warning). 

To claim trivialities when it concerns the fact of the matter, anything can be twisted into truth.  Thus we hold ourselves to standards and rule sets to dictate what is true and what is fabricated nonsense.  If one were to use this, in my opinion cheap tactic, just so that they aren't proven (or admit) they are wrong then this is where any argument of substantial worth ends.  The point of most arguments, after all, is to learn or teach and not to boast knowledge or bend the rules just to save face.

This is especially true when it is implied by the person in question that said guild is "elite" for cheating.  It allows for one to assume (along with the title) that an actual World First was made as dictated by social norms with raiding games and not just twisting words to again twist arms.

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

Wolfhammer

Hard Core Member

Bleh!

9/28/13 1:10:32 AM#29

Erm, no they don't....

slicknslim88

Novice Member

9/28/13 1:22:31 AM#30
Originally posted by taus01

With the Coil being possible to complete easily and the Crystal Tower being a lower skilled raid, it makes you wonder what they are going to do for all these guilds that are coming across the finish line.

They abused a glitch that makes the boss not do anything from 80% on. This is not a world first and they hopefully get banned soon.

You can't really abuse a glitch if it happens out of your control.  Considering the measures the FC took after the boss was finished such as the detailed bug report, you sir are one jealous individual.

Alders

Hard Core Member

I cannot fiddle but I can make a great state of a small city.

9/28/13 1:32:37 AM#31
Originally posted by slicknslim88
Originally posted by taus01

You can't really abuse a glitch if it happens out of your control. 

The screenshot, this thread, the reddit post, and the official forums say otherwise.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search