Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,261 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,657
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

24 Pages First « 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 » Search
468 posts found
  Nadia

Elite Member

9/09/13 12:27:41 PM#421
Originally posted by PAL-18
Originally posted by Nadia

its a stat like anything else

but i think counting registered users is as useless as counting number of player characters

oh so 175,000,000 registered users is somehow  wrong because you think so.

No ,lets play with numbers now like peeps likes to do,every game below 175,000,000 registered users sucks and Runescape is greatest MMO ever.

Isnt that great logic ?

context: 175,000,000 registered users

June 2013

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/06/27/jagex-ceo-mark-gerhard-discusses-runescape-3-and-transformers-universe/

There were 70,000 people (RuneScape3) playing concurrently online at the time of this post.

PAL-18

Advanced Member

9/09/13 12:30:47 PM#422

but i think counting registered users is as useless as counting number of player characters

No ,lets play with numbers now like peeps likes to do,every game below 175,000,000 registered users sucks and Runescape is greatest MMO ever.

Isnt that great logic ?

June 2013

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/06/27/jagex-ceo-mark-gerhard-discusses-runescape-3-and-transformers-universe/

There were 70,000 people (RuneScape3) playing concurrently online at the time of this post.

Just like you said ,I think 70,000 peeps playing concurrently online at the same time is useless data,like counting number of player characters.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.
By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
**On the radar:http://cyberpunk.net/**

User Deleted
9/09/13 12:55:36 PM#423

Isnt that great logic ?

June 2013

Just like you said ,I think 70,000 peeps playing concurrently online at the same time is useless data,like counting number of player characters.

Why is that useless data and how is that like counting number of player characters?

PAL-18

Advanced Member

9/09/13 12:57:15 PM#424
Originally posted by jdnyc

Isnt that great logic ?

June 2013

Why is that useless data and how is that like counting number of player characters?

Ask her.

Ppiper

Advanced Member

9/09/13 1:01:22 PM#425
Originally posted by thyraven

After playing the 2.0 beta i have come to the conclusion that its the same shit as 1.0 just in a prettier wrapping.

Still horrible animations, combatsystem can be compared to Ninja turtles on NES, server lantency from hell, i mean do they use 386DX machines as servers. They even destroyed the good feeling of playing MMO with great music, cause now there is close to no music. Oh and lets not forget the versatile amount of skills you get. Conjurer=stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone, stone

I dont hate the game, i love FF, just hate the fact that they destroyed it AGAIN

this is funny. Let's not forget cure, cure, cure, cure, cure, cure, cure, cure  etc, when in a Dungeon.

obsolete5

Novice Member

9/09/13 1:02:40 PM#426
i front choked some kid purple because he got the kiss from april in NES turtles, my mother save his life or i would probably have had my first kill at age 5
  Nadia

Elite Member

9/09/13 1:06:59 PM#427

Ask her.

he's asking you

why is counting concurrent players like counting player characters?

i'll explain registered accts and player characters

neither measurement counts active players,

both of them include players that made an acct tried the game for 1 hour and uninstalled the game,  10 years ago

PAL-18

Advanced Member

9/09/13 1:08:46 PM#428

Ask her.

hes asking you -- why is concurrent players like counting player characters

If thats your explanation,its pretty terrible.

Alamareth

Novice Member

9/09/13 1:18:09 PM#429

Concurrent players during peak time is far more important than total registered accounts.  A MMORPG is like a network in that it's relative worth is directly proportional to the number of connections to it.

Really hard to play a social game when you are the only one playing it at a given time.

ZizouX

Hard Core Member

9/09/13 1:19:03 PM#430

I like how some of you are missing the gigantic elephant in the room.

GW2 - Buy to Play.  Even if it has 460k Concurrent users, it doesn't make it more profitable or more successful than FFXIV.  Of the million playing GW2 how much are they spending the cash shop on a monthly basis?  You can have 10 million people playing GW2, but if none of them buy anything  in the cashshop, GW2 profit will be minuscule.

Compare that to FFXIV, whose director has said that it only needs 400K TOTAL subscribers for this game to go on for YEARS AND YEARS.  Every single person in FFXIV is a PAYING customer unlike the millions playing GW2.  

Hypothetically,

In GW2, if the "average person" pays $5 a month for the cash shop items, and the average person in FFXIV pays $13.00 (Legacy pays $10, some people have $13 plan, some have $15), then you need 2.6X the numbers of GW2 players to make the same money that FFXIV bring in.

What's that in terms of regular numbers?  If Guild Wars 2 has 2 million players, FFXIV only needs 770k players to make the SAME Profit.

Of course, I'm ignoring overhead costs because SE maybe spending more money on production than GW2, maybe the reverse is true.  Also, I made up the numbers above, I know a lot of people in GW2 that don't spend a single penny playing whereas in FFXIV YOU HAVE TO PAY.

All in all, based on the recent recognition of FFXIV as a very solid game with stores being sold out, people driving 6 hours to a remote gamestop to purchase a physical copy, you can be rest assured that FFXIV has a very very bright future ahead of it.

Edit: I didn't even include the money SE will be making with paid server transfers opening up next week.

Nadia

Elite Member

9/09/13 1:29:03 PM#431
Originally posted by ZizouX

I like how some of you are missing the gigantic elephant in the room.

there's an even bigger elephant - FF14 on consoles

ZizouX

Hard Core Member

9/09/13 1:33:36 PM#432

That's true Nadia, but I incorporated that into the total subscription numbers.

PAL-18

Advanced Member

9/09/13 1:42:54 PM#433

Ask her.

he's asking you

why is counting concurrent players like counting player characters?

both of them include players that made an acct tried the game for 1 hour and uninstalled the game,  10 years ago

Okies ,that kind of data,Its data from your head.

Like:

So 460k online at one time ½  of them were bots and triple logged ,which lasted 0.00001 seconds and they uninstalled the game and  Icelands population is still growing.

Its just as accurate and absurd.

Havekk

Advanced Member

9/09/13 1:45:38 PM#434
Originally posted by Punk999
Originally posted by Daventry85
Originally posted by pauly6478
They rename Final fantasy to Wildstar? I missed something.

Wildstar is turning out to be the do all , MMO of this generation... when Wildstar comes out I see blizzard trying to ship another X-pac because they gonna be losing about 50% of their subs.

If you loved ARR then good for you , but its just awesome graphics , shallow combat , basic everything really... nothing says NEW they copy pasted every MMO from the past 10 years , not one thing they have is different.

HAHA! Yes and wildstar didnt copy anything right???

Every MMO that comes copy the old.

I wonder if he ever played Wildstar? Do all MMO of this generation? I couldn't even be swayed to keep playing the beta. Uninstalled.

GeezerGamer

Elite Member

9/09/13 1:53:52 PM#435
Originally posted by Praetalus
Originally posted by Punk999
Originally posted by Daventry85
Originally posted by pauly6478
They rename Final fantasy to Wildstar? I missed something.

Wildstar is turning out to be the do all , MMO of this generation... when Wildstar comes out I see blizzard trying to ship another X-pac because they gonna be losing about 50% of their subs.

If you loved ARR then good for you , but its just awesome graphics , shallow combat , basic everything really... nothing says NEW they copy pasted every MMO from the past 10 years , not one thing they have is different.

HAHA! Yes and wildstar didnt copy anything right???

Every MMO that comes copy the old.

I wonder if he ever played Wildstar? Do all MMO of this generation? I couldn't even be swayed to keep playing the beta. Uninstalled.

Wildstar was instantly taken off my "To-Do" list the second I found out it has RMT conversion.

YAY! more pay to win!

It's the sad state of the genre. The next big title has as many threads discussing issues with it's business model than issues with the game itself.

LizardEgypt

Novice Member

Hmm ?

9/09/13 1:56:48 PM#436
Are people forgetting that FF14 is a well produced MMO that also functions nearly 100% accurately on PS3 as well? 

Currently playing - FF14ARR
Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

Nadia

Elite Member

9/09/13 2:46:46 PM#437

Like:

So 460k online at one time ½  of them were bots and triple logged ,which lasted 0.00001 seconds and they uninstalled the game and  Icelands population is still growing.

its not data out of my head

what is your definition of registered acct?

my definition, that i think most people will agree with,

registered accts = number of accounts created over a games lifespan  --  regardless of anyone still using old accts

PAL-18

Advanced Member

9/09/13 3:55:35 PM#438

Like:

registered accts = number of accounts created over a games lifespan  --  regardless of anyone still using old accts

registered accounts 175,000,000+

registered gw2 accts (5m?)= number of accounts created of a games lifespan - regardless of anyone still using old accts.

now what ?

Torvaldr

Elite Member

9/09/13 3:58:54 PM#439

Like:

That is pretty much the industry accepted definition. Also, concurrency is hugely important.  Not that you didn't know, but the poster you replied to doesn't seem to think that is an important metric.  It's one of the defining metrics for a game's health and success. It's vitally important, and why it's so well guarded by most mmo publishers.  CCP is very cool for publishing their concurrency numbers. I wish more pubs would do so.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

daltanious

Elite Member

9/09/13 6:38:22 PM#440
Originally posted by Reserton

What a ridiculous post. ARR will not even get 10% of what WoW has in terms of numbers.

And if referring to the quality of game there has already been a ton of better games then WoW and you would be implying WoW was ever a good game.

The crafting system is not in anyway "deep" it is just long and at times a monotonous process, this will anything but attract people, especially not "WoW" people who will get bored of crafting in a second.

ARR is very likely to be another floptastic mess. Very few people will be willing to put money on the line for what was a disaster.

Khm, you are incredibly generous with that 10%. :-)) As for overall quality, playability, .... maybe 1%. And coming from looooong years FF series lover. I wish i never tried ARR. At least would keep old good memories to old times.

24 Pages First « 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 » Search