Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,567 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,330
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » Don't like Trinity, will I enjoy the game?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Nanfoodle

Elite Member

9/09/13 2:40:02 PM#21
Originally posted by rasli
Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately I don't like crafting at all.  Besides combat, I like sense of adventure, wonders of explore and RP etc.  Does this game evoke the sense of adventure and danger like EQ did?

IMO no MMO has. Sadly EQN wont as well. Will say this as for EQ game play. The dungeon runs are as good as any EQ dungeon crawl I have done there. You need a real trinity team working together to make it. If you dont play together and know how to play you will die. This game takes skill with a fast learning curve. Level 30 + you start to see what teaming is really like. Sadly you dont seem to like the trinity.

Mackeskimo

Novice Member

Sometimes you can't wait, Sometimes you have to scream your name & just run in.

9/09/13 2:44:11 PM#22
Originally posted by Sk1ppeR
Originally posted by Bigmamajama
This game is made for people that want to work with other people and to depend on other peoples abilities for success.  Tanks healers and DPS actually mean something in this game.

Same goes for non-trinity games like Gw2 o.o" I don't see your point

Nonsense....GW2 is far from group play in most instances imo.

Up until level 80, I didn't need anyone and I felt like generic Ranger #34503.... Spamming my skills and using my pets to the best of my abilities like every other ranger there who didn't matter.

In FF14...I matter.....ALOT. If I don't do my job and do it well, we will more than likely die horribly and I will be blamed for it. I matter, my party members matter, what we can and can't do for one another Matters!

Voqar

Novice Member

9/09/13 3:52:56 PM#23

Trinity is all about cooperation and coordination.

Games without it, like GW2, for ex, have some of the worst grouping imaginable.  5 soloists sharing a chat and instance isn't much of a group.

FXXIV has plenty of solo idiot mode (questing a one armed chimp could dominate, mindless fate zergs, etc) - it's not like you group constantly, but you do need to group to fully experience the game's content.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

rasli

Novice Member

OP  9/09/13 4:23:52 PM#24
No offense but this is a post to seek information, not about the pros and cons of trinity vs non-trinity.  Suffice to say I don't agree with your opinion about non-trinity and GW2 in general but I respect your taste in trinity combat.
  Dagon13

Advanced Member

9/09/13 4:29:28 PM#25
Originally posted by Ikeda
Nope, no hybrids in this game.  Everyone relies on someone else for something they're missing.

Considering the armory system I'm sure there are plenty of hybrid opportunities in the game, but they may not be relevant in group settings.

Mackeskimo

Novice Member

Sometimes you can't wait, Sometimes you have to scream your name & just run in.

9/09/13 4:39:40 PM#26
Originally posted by rasli
No offense but this is a post to seek information, not about the pros and cons of trinity vs non-trinity.  Suffice to say I don't agree with your opinion about non-trinity and GW2 in general but I respect your taste in trinity combat.

We apologize for "derailing" your post but in our defense.... You asked "Will I enjoy the game"

The ONLY correct answer to that question is, "I don't know"..OR..."how the hell am I supposed to know what You like!"

We can only tell you that Its Trinity and based on what you asked.....the answer is no.

Again, apologies on getting off topic.

time007

Novice Member

"Get your FPS out of my MMORPG" - Timetrapper (me)

9/09/13 7:27:37 PM#27

NO you won't like it UNLESS, you ding 50 doing solo quests and FATEs and then just craft all day long.  The rest is based upon healer/tank/dps content all day long. 

You can harvest and craft and probably won't have to do any PVE.

BUT if you want to do PVE and playing it just for PVE then you wont like it based on your preferences you've told us about.

Sk1ppeR

Advanced Member

9/10/13 4:06:47 AM#28
Originally posted by Voqar

Trinity is all about cooperation and coordination.

Games without it, like GW2, for ex, have some of the worst grouping imaginable.  5 soloists sharing a chat and instance isn't much of a group.

FXXIV has plenty of solo idiot mode (questing a one armed chimp could dominate, mindless fate zergs, etc) - it's not like you group constantly, but you do need to group to fully experience the game's content.

mhm ... I guess you haven't tried Arah or Fractals over level 20?. And please ... if there is no coordination in Gw2, I don't know which game has it really. Or well idk maybe i just had a decent team ... mesmer guardian necro thief and warrior who btw switched to offensive and defensive mode all the time while the guardian was hybrid tank and was sweeping all the aggro. The thief sometimes went with water elementalist (yes, a healer) or healing guardian. I can tell you that ... there was no life without our mumble. So ...only because the game allows you to dps like a mindless creep ... doesn't mean that's all there is to it. It's kind of sad that you never really got to see the beauty of it and share your incompetent opinion. But I suppose that's what you get for pugging all the time :P 

P.S: Yep, a guardian can sweep the whole aggro and live long enough to tell about it. But that's all about player skill there :) You do not have the blessing of a healer to fix your mistakes. I suppose this is why you enjoy trinity so much. You are not being punished for making mistakes. Gw2 is very punishing if you make a mistake, but it won't cut an arm or a leg from you if you die. It will gently tell you to try better next time. 

Arskaaa

Apprentice Member

Your chararacter gains experience and levels up, defining a role playing game.

9/10/13 4:47:29 AM#29
stay faaar a way if u dont like trinity.
  cybersurfr

Apprentice Member

9/10/13 4:58:04 AM#30

There is forced grouping - the main story has a number of parts that require going into a dungeon to be tackled in a trinity system. Based on that alone, I wouldn't recommend this game to you. If you can look past that, you might enjoy it and the world it has. If you cannot, this simply isn't the game for you.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search