Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,349 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,986
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » is the supposedly leaked date for open beta true? 17th Aug

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
37 posts found
  striderbob

Novice Member

8/02/13 1:30:22 PM#21
Originally posted by VanadromArda
Makes logical sense to me. But we'll know for certain by the time the Live Letter drops next week.

Downtime to me, means the time where you can't access the game. To each their own I guess.

VanadromArda

Highlighted Blogger

8/02/13 1:41:29 PM#22
Most people won't be able to get onto the game. Beta Phase 4 will be officially complete. All they'd have to do is allow the people with Early Access to continue playing the Beta Phase 4 Build as they do the debug. With Launch only around the corner, to me them turning the servers off before Launch would be counter productive.
  ionxeel

Advanced Member

Time's escaping. Eternity's waiting.

8/02/13 1:50:16 PM#23
Most people won't be able to get onto the game. Beta Phase 4 will be officially complete. All they'd have to do is allow the people with Early Access to continue playing the Beta Phase 4 Build as they do the debug. With Launch only around the corner, to me them turning the servers off before Launch would be counter productive.

YOU'RE WRONG!!!

Seriously though, speculating can be fun, but without anything official from SE iis pointless.

User Deleted

OP  8/02/13 2:57:24 PM#24
Originally posted by ionxeel

YOU'RE WRONG!!!

Seriously though, speculating can be fun, but without anything official from SE iis pointless.

agree, alot of people talking like they have some kind of inside scoop but really no one knows until next week :D

Voqar

Advanced Member

8/02/13 3:53:46 PM#25

I've read that the open beta characters will persist thru launch (which is a terrible idea to me) which would sort of fit with a very short open beta that's very close to launch.  It will be more game demo with prepurchase time and hype machine than "beta" (not that most people do any testing in betas anyways).

I hope the date is wrong just because I'm itching to try this game and with EQN looking to be a F2P massively single player online console/arcade game FFXIV would seem to be the only hope of a new MMO with some old school vibe to it.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

tats27

Novice Member

8/02/13 4:56:02 PM#26

My guess Open Beta will start on the 9th or 10th and run for 5 days.

A few days downtime then Headstart will begin on the 21st or 22nd

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

8/04/13 1:35:36 AM#27
I doubt there will be a lot of debugging once open beta hits. Despite what people think bugs aren't fixed that quickly. Like others have stated at this point it's stress testing the servers.

MagikrorriM

Advanced Member

8/04/13 6:01:01 AM#28
Throughout the beta they have been stress testing different features too, beta 4 will include stress testing of housing, and there's PvP to test, if bugs are spotted in these features they will have to be debugged as well.
  Raxeon

Hard Core Member

8/04/13 7:01:00 AM#29
Originally posted by Voqar

I've read that the open beta characters will persist thru launch (which is a terrible idea to me) which would sort of fit with a very short open beta that's very close to launch.  It will be more game demo with prepurchase time and hype machine than "beta" (not that most people do any testing in betas anyways).

I hope the date is wrong just because I'm itching to try this game and with EQN looking to be a F2P massively single player online console/arcade game FFXIV would seem to be the only hope of a new MMO with some old school vibe to it.

i dont think housing and pvp stuff will carry over tho

NetSage

Novice Member

8/04/13 7:19:35 AM#30
I doubt anyone will be able to get a house in P4.  And, don't expect much pvp either.  It's expected to last a week at the most it seems.
  tokini

Apprentice Member

8/04/13 10:46:14 AM#31

YOU'RE WRONG!!!

open beta going directly into early access makes the most sense, imo. i dont think OB will last for more than a week. aug17-aug23, aug24 early access, official release aug27 sounds right to me.

one thing about the aug 17 date, the day after that thread appeared an official sticky thread appeared, reminding people not to post UNRELEASED information - not FALSE-information. made me go hmmmmm.

of course the original aug17 thread hasnt been dleted yet, but still

Raxeon

Hard Core Member

8/04/13 8:39:06 PM#32
Originally posted by tokini

YOU'RE WRONG!!!

open beta going directly into early access makes the most sense, imo. i dont think OB will last for more than a week. aug17-aug23, aug24 early access, official release aug27 sounds right to me.

one thing about the aug 17 date, the day after that thread appeared an official sticky thread appeared, reminding people not to post UNRELEASED information - not FALSE-information. made me go hmmmmm.

early excess is supposed to be on the 20th so the 17th doesnt make sense plus they said early excess will be a few days after open so ending date for open beta is probly the 17th not the start sicne open beta is suppose to be a week long the 9/10 to the 17th makes the most sense

Kesin

Novice Member

8/05/13 12:00:07 AM#33

YOU'RE WRONG!!!

That post you are talking about was towards the data mined information taken from the character creator/benchmark.  The websties XIVdb and DaevaofWar both posted such information for a few days before SE requested that they take it down.

EMP_ThatSoHarsh

Novice Member

8/05/13 4:02:05 PM#34
I was hoping at least a week of early access. I was too late for the open beta but at the rate things are going, open beta will last for only a few days. 

Check out my talk show that covers issues on competitive gaming: www.twitch.tv/insidethecommunity

tokini

Apprentice Member

8/05/13 6:46:41 PM#35
Originally posted by Raxeon

YOU'RE WRONG!!!

early excess is supposed to be on the 20th so the 17th doesnt make sense plus they said early excess will be a few days after open so ending date for open beta is probly the 17th not the start sicne open beta is suppose to be a week long the 9/10 to the 17th makes the most sense

underlined part hasnt been comfirmed, to my knowledge

javon1334

Novice Member

8/05/13 9:16:42 PM#36
I think it will be on 16-23. That's one whole week, then early access would be from 24-26. Maybe few hours for down time. But I would like it to be from the 9th, but I don't think it would happen.
  Br3akingDawn

Advanced Member

8/05/13 11:18:04 PM#37
Originally posted by javon1334
I think it will be on 16-23. That's one whole week, then early access would be from 24-26. Maybe few hours for down time. But I would like it to be from the 9th, but I don't think it would happen.

Downtime will be 3days. YoshiP said there will be 3days between Openbeta and early access.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search