Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,285 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,545
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » Final Fantasy XIV not coming to Xbox because of cross-platform issues

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
47 posts found
  Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

Joined: 5/20/04
Posts: 2997

I actually still like MMORPGs

7/11/13 11:11:51 PM#41
Originally posted by Nanfoodle
Originally posted by Mithrandolir

Although I do believe that most of the decision to not support xbox, is a result of MS's multiplayer infrastructure... Sony is still the third biggest shareholder of SE, which I am sure helps their influence of such decisions, at least a little.

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ir/stock/shareholder.html

Didnt stop them from putting FF11 on the xbox. Im telling ya if FF14 does not come to XB1 its all become of Bill Gates and his head in his BUTT!!!!

Well, the story I heard on that one. Is Microsoft made an exception with FFXI because they were desperate to try and crack into the Japanese market more. This made them the exclusive current gen console provider of FFXI. Did it work? I don't know but it does make sense and also explains why PS3 never saw a release of FFXI.

  Postcards

Novice Member

Joined: 4/19/12
Posts: 105

7/12/13 2:19:19 PM#42
Originally posted by Nanfoodle
Originally posted by Mithrandolir

Although I do believe that most of the decision to not support xbox, is a result of MS's multiplayer infrastructure... Sony is still the third biggest shareholder of SE, which I am sure helps their influence of such decisions, at least a little.

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ir/stock/shareholder.html

Didnt stop them from putting FF11 on the xbox. Im telling ya if FF14 does not come to XB1 its all become of Bill Gates and his head in his BUTT!!!!

I don't think it would be Bill Gates' fault. I think Steve Ballmer would be the one to blame instead.

  Sinaku

Hard Core Member

Joined: 1/06/07
Posts: 467

7/12/13 2:25:10 PM#43

It seems like more and more games steer away from cross platform servers. It is really a shame because it really helps keep the population up. I know i played FFXI on 360 for a while before I got it on PC (though it was way better on PC imo).
While console MMOs aren't for me I know a lot of people that won't get the PC version and it really sucks that I won't get to play with them :/

  Laughing-man

Hard Core Member

Joined: 4/23/09
Posts: 3388

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

7/12/13 2:28:37 PM#44
Originally posted by Sinaku

It seems like more and more games steer away from cross platform servers. It is really a shame because it really helps keep the population up. I know i played FFXI on 360 for a while before I got it on PC (though it was way better on PC imo).
While console MMOs aren't for me I know a lot of people that won't get the PC version and it really sucks that I won't get to play with them :/

You CAN play with them if you get a PS3 / 4 version and they get a PC version.

There just will never be an XBox version.

  Mothanos

Elite Member

Joined: 10/20/10
Posts: 1853

7/12/13 2:32:17 PM#45

With more and more brutal games comming out like Destiny / FF ARR to name 2 cross platform mmo's / mmofps it seems that Microsoft is putting themselves in a awkward position.

Alot of people look into this stuff when buying a console, PS4 already made it clear they are willing to give indy's and developers alot of freedom on their console, while Microsoft just seem to make it imposible to offer the same...

I hope this will cost them lots and lots of potantial buyers so they feel the price of greed deeeeeeeeeeeeep down in their pockets.
Gaming freedom comming at you this year :)

  Unshra

Novice Member

Joined: 6/23/05
Posts: 382

7/12/13 2:41:47 PM#46
Originally posted by Myria

Gee, one company doesn't want to link their servers and architecture with their primary competitor, who, let's face it, doesn't exactly have a great security record.

 

I'm shocked.

 

I truly am.

 

Oh, and the PS3 can link with the PC version? The servers are all run by the same bloody company, it'd be insane if they couldn't, for god's sake.

 

This whole gamer herd "MS bad, Sony good... derp" thing is getting so far beyond the idiotic it's painful. At this point do you really think it would make sense for MS to host, support, and promote a Sony product? Yeah, right. Why don't they get DCUO while they're at it -- funny how a lack of cross-platform didn't matter back then? Oh, and would people actually think for one second before bringing up Dust? I mean, what, you don't think Sony paying a crapload of money for exclusivity had anything to do with it being a PS3-only title?

 

Nah, I heard (from crap I pulled out of my arse) that it's all MS's fault!

 

I'll certainly give Sony credit for coming up with a UI for FFXIV ARR that works well on both the PS3 and PC -- something Trion failed at miserably with Defiance -- I was impressed by how playable it is on the PS3. It's the first time I've seen an MMO really be half (albeit only half) usable on an console. But, honestly, get a clue. At this point Sony has no more interest in linking PS+ with XBL than MS does, frankly they probably only allowed it with FFXI because they didn't see Xbox as a real competitor back then. Thinking there was ever even a serious attempt to make such a thing happen is flat out delusional.

 

Sony is playing this out for PR and gamers, who apparently have the collective memory span of a retarded gnat, are eating it up.

 

Pathetic.

The only thing that's "Pathetic" here is that you are confusing Square Enix with Sony and going into a rant about it. The game is developed and published by Square Enix and the servers are managed by Square Enix not Sony, the only time Sony comes into play is with the Playstation, so yes it is a Xbox issue.

 


Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

  Phry

Elite Member

Joined: 7/01/04
Posts: 5266

7/12/13 2:56:18 PM#47
Originally posted by Unshra
Originally posted by Myria

Gee, one company doesn't want to link their servers and architecture with their primary competitor, who, let's face it, doesn't exactly have a great security record.

 

I'm shocked.

 

I truly am.

 

Oh, and the PS3 can link with the PC version? The servers are all run by the same bloody company, it'd be insane if they couldn't, for god's sake.

 

This whole gamer herd "MS bad, Sony good... derp" thing is getting so far beyond the idiotic it's painful. At this point do you really think it would make sense for MS to host, support, and promote a Sony product? Yeah, right. Why don't they get DCUO while they're at it -- funny how a lack of cross-platform didn't matter back then? Oh, and would people actually think for one second before bringing up Dust? I mean, what, you don't think Sony paying a crapload of money for exclusivity had anything to do with it being a PS3-only title?

 

Nah, I heard (from crap I pulled out of my arse) that it's all MS's fault!

 

I'll certainly give Sony credit for coming up with a UI for FFXIV ARR that works well on both the PS3 and PC -- something Trion failed at miserably with Defiance -- I was impressed by how playable it is on the PS3. It's the first time I've seen an MMO really be half (albeit only half) usable on an console. But, honestly, get a clue. At this point Sony has no more interest in linking PS+ with XBL than MS does, frankly they probably only allowed it with FFXI because they didn't see Xbox as a real competitor back then. Thinking there was ever even a serious attempt to make such a thing happen is flat out delusional.

 

Sony is playing this out for PR and gamers, who apparently have the collective memory span of a retarded gnat, are eating it up.

 

Pathetic.

The only thing that's "Pathetic" here is that you are confusing Square Enix with Sony and going into a rant about it. The game is developed and published by Square Enix and the servers are managed by Square Enix not Sony, the only time Sony comes into play is with the Playstation, so yes it is a Xbox issue.

 

Well, Sony and Square Enix both begin with the letter S so for the more simpleminded its an easy mistake to make

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search