Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,821,659 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,216,956
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » FFXIV seems to have a commanding presence at E3.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
54 posts found
  ElRenmazuo

Elite Member

6/13/13 8:33:58 PM#41
Odin looks badass with his cape blowing in the wind and everything, but his horse only has 4 legs.
  poyozo

Novice Member

6/13/13 9:01:43 PM#42

I'm extremely exited for this game. I was looking forward to 1.0 but I never gave it a try because of the bad reviews. However I place great value on the humble attitude of the developers and the company, which compels me to have faith in the game. What I've seen and read about it reaffirms this faith. From the class system to the social features its everything I'm looking for in a game, and it looks beautiful to boot.

I'm planning on buying a PS3 mainly for this game. I plan on getting a PC version for me and the PS3 for my GF. I have always wanted to play an MMO with her and the fact that she's an FF fan (I am too, 'cept for XIII and all those direct sequels including X-2) has her sold on the idea. The fact that the game will feature cross platform play, allowing PS3 users and PC users to play together makes this possible(another huge feature imo missing from other upcoming multiplatform games like ESO). The substantially reduced price of 29.99 for PC and 39.99 for PS3 just sweetens the deal. I can't wait!

edited for grammar

Br3akingDawn

Advanced Member

6/13/13 9:02:43 PM#43
Originally posted by saiweed
I would seriously hate a cash shop as it has ruined just about every single mmo for me that went that direction -they just get greedier with the cashop every month.

Feel the same way; it's just not FF if theres a cash shop. FF is about earning things in-game the hard way. Not buying your way to the top. FF would never be F2P either. Probably the majority of players would still be JP, and call me bias but JP dont mind subbing.

ElRenmazuo

Elite Member

6/13/13 9:17:43 PM#44
I noticed the bad guy from the garlean empire that looks like a judge has a gunblade, can any of the jobs use those? if not i hope they do make a job for that weapon for players.  But they will prolly put the jobs that uses two handed swords first like dark knight and samurai.
  Murugan

Novice Member

6/13/13 9:21:28 PM#45
Originally posted by tkreep
I noticed the bad guy from the garlean empire that looks like a judge has a gunblade, can any of the jobs use those? if not i hope they do make a job for that weapon for players.  But they will prolly put the jobs that uses two handed swords first like dark knight and samurai.

Gaius?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/world/threats/key-enemies

I don't know about gunblade, but there is a Musketeer guild still in Limsa and they play a pretty big role in that city's storyline.

http://xivpads.com/?1595680
http://guildwork.com/users/murugan

Yaevindusk

Elite Member

Logic, reason and fact do not supersede human nature. Ignorance reigns without justice.

OP  6/13/13 9:51:57 PM#46

Updated with the new Live Letter from the Producer, information on Summoner / Scholar and the new IGN video showing off Limit Breaks (in addition to previous undocumented changes).

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

Yaevindusk

Elite Member

Logic, reason and fact do not supersede human nature. Ignorance reigns without justice.

OP  6/14/13 9:46:46 AM#47
Originally posted by tkreep

There seems to be a lot of people that would like a Gunblade class.  Though no mention of it was be made, as that seems to be a Garlean Empire theme (along with the Gun Halberd).

Yoshi-P did mention something about Samurai and Ninja, but not when they might release them or if they will have classes of their own or branch off of existing ones.

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

Arskaaa

Hard Core Member

Your chararacter gains experience and levels up, defining a role playing game.

6/14/13 2:57:20 PM#48
Tis game is great!:) played 3 hour beta now, character animations are so smooth and combat looks great.
  spankybus

Hard Core Member

"Don''t touch that squirrel''s nuts!" - Willy Wonka

6/14/13 4:57:04 PM#49
Grrr I am a 1.0 CE player and I have no idea how to get the client

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
www.spankybus.com
-3d Artist & Compositor
-Writer
-Professional Amature

Yaevindusk

Elite Member

OP  6/15/13 12:12:26 AM#50
Originally posted by Arskaaa
Tis game is great!:) played 3 hour beta now, character animations are so smooth and combat looks great.

Nice.  What race / class did you start with?   The tutorial lasts pretty much until level 10 (1-10 in storyline quests) before you see the first major villain and gain access to the Inn and Levequest systems (in addition to another class quest line).

Not sure when chocobos will be obtainable, though I'd imagine as soon as you start working with a Grand Company you will get points of which to buy one.  Airship passes are supposed to be level 15 as well.  In addition to being able to switch classes being unlocked at about level 10 since the new player tutorial will basically be over with in game.

The first dungeon (which is simple since it's the first) is around level 15 I think.  Housing won't be implemented until late Phase for I believe.

Shoran91

Advanced Member

6/17/13 1:48:51 PM#51

The game is greatly improved over 1.0, as most can see. I am glad people aren't passing it over, and giving Yoshi-P and his team a second chance. If you played 1.2+, they most certainly deserve it.

At the moment, the combat plays out much like WoW with varying levels of mechanics between classes/jobs. The biggest difference early on is a focus on avoiding certain attacks like Tera and GW2 without a quick dodge mechanic. How complex the combat gets is still up in the air. That mystery will hopefully be solved next weekend when the 1.0 players get their maxed out characters and get to fiddle around with having the jobs in combination with the classes.

Yaevindusk

Elite Member

OP  6/17/13 2:53:53 PM#52
Originally posted by Shoran91

The game is greatly improved over 1.0, as most can see. I am glad people aren't passing it over, and giving Yoshi-P and his team a second chance. If you played 1.2+, they most certainly deserve it.

At the moment, the combat plays out much like WoW with varying levels of mechanics between classes/jobs. The biggest difference early on is a focus on avoiding certain attacks like Tera and GW2 without a quick dodge mechanic. How complex the combat gets is still up in the air. That mystery will hopefully be solved next weekend when the 1.0 players get their maxed out characters and get to fiddle around with having the jobs in combination with the classes.

Just a Pro-Tip when it comes to getting out of the way for an attack (for those who don't know).

Go to options and switch to "Legacy" controls before fighting a boss that has area effect attacks.  This will make it so your character will instantly turn around as opposed to just back peddling.

The game's combat does in fact distinguish itself as time progresses, mostly due to self combos, the armory system, advanced jobs, able to switch classes and the limit break system.

Naqaj

Apprentice Member

6/18/13 9:56:29 AM#53
Originally posted by danwest58

YoshiP already said they dont have investors so they will not go F2P just so they can pay back investors like every other try to be AAA MMO that went F2P.

That must have been a pretty bad mistranslation. Square Enix is a publicly traded company, of course they have shareholders that want to see a return on investment. That obviously doesn't mean they are going to do a f2p cash grab.

Vorthanion

Elite Member

6/18/13 10:03:36 AM#54

To each their own.  I uninstalled the beta a day later.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search