Trending Games | Wizard101 | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,308 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,872
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
36 posts found
  Nyrrho

Novice Member

5/04/13 1:43:26 PM#21
Originally posted by Aerowyn

and of course good old Cid.. has there been any FF game without a Cid?

Nope.

And of course even the Final Fantasy movie (I know, I know) had a Cid.

fantasyfreak112

Apprentice Member

5/04/13 1:47:07 PM#22
Man it's too bad this game has such a bland combat system, would easily be the best MMO otherwise. Unfortunatly for me, combat is a big deal and theres no plans to change it from Everquest 2 style anytime soon.
  cyberkill

Advanced Member

5/04/13 2:42:46 PM#23
Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
Man it's too bad this game has such a bland combat system, would easily be the best MMO otherwise. Unfortunatly for me, combat is a big deal and theres no plans to change it from Everquest 2 style anytime soon.

Are you basing that off of 1.0 or current?

drivendawn

Hard Core Member

5/04/13 3:35:17 PM#24
Originally posted by cyberkill
Originally posted by fantasyfreak112

Are you basing that off of 1.0 or current?

I think he is talking about how the combat is tab target and not action based.

ZizouX

Hard Core Member

5/04/13 3:56:17 PM#25

The combat system is due for some major tweaks come phase 3, but it will never be action combat like GW2 or Tera.

I enjoy the tab targeting... it fits the FF series very well i think.  There's really nothing wrong with it, it's just a matter of preference.  There are plenty of other options in the market if you prefer action combat.

ElRenmazuo

Elite Member

5/04/13 5:08:27 PM#26
Originally posted by Aerowyn
Originally posted by Laughing-man
Originally posted by Nitth

How does that make any sense to be in the game, Each final fantasy was there own universe.

Not true.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ivalice

Just to name ONE series that was entirely based in the same world.

Also there are others that are sequels, and others that also share the same world just hundreds of years apart.

As others pointed out, Chocobo's and Moogles are in many games, this is Final Fantasy Online, so it is going to encorporate elements from other final fantasies in it, as Yoshi P himself stated.  

and of course good old Cid.. has there been any FF game without a Cid?

Ya and hes always some sort of mechanic or scientist too. But in tactics he was a Holy Swordsman and the most over powered character.

Br3akingDawn

Apprentice Member

5/04/13 8:35:53 PM#27
Can't wait for some amazing looking armors!! Hopefully there will be enough options and styles that I can find myself in a group of SMNs.

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

5/05/13 1:56:36 PM#28

Originally posted by tkreep

Originally posted by Nitth How does that make any sense to be in the game, Each final fantasy was there own universe.
you can get past the fact that all the universes had chocobos, moogles, same summons and creatures and weapons/armor, but this makes you complain?

I'm not complaining, Im just confused as to why they would put it in...

Magitek armor was developed by magitek in ff6 for specific purposes of that war, in that universe. It only ever appeared in that universe.

Unlike Mogs, chocobos, and such have appeared in countless ff universes.

I think the issue is that its iconic to that particular installment.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

5/05/13 1:58:08 PM#29

Originally posted by Nitth How does that make any sense to be in the game, Each final fantasy was there own universe.
Not true.

Also there are others that are sequels, and others that also share the same world just hundreds of years apart.

As others pointed out, Chocobo's and Moogles are in many games, this is Final Fantasy Online, so it is going to encorporate elements from other final fantasies in it, as Yoshi P himself stated.  

Yeah ok, You know what i mean tho.

sephiroth cant exist in spira for example..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

ElRenmazuo

Elite Member

5/05/13 2:38:54 PM#30
Originally posted by Nitth

Not true.

Yeah ok, You know what i mean tho.

sephiroth cant exist in spira for example..

they actually had Cloud in final fantasy tactics as kind of a easter egg and playable character you can unlock so this wouldnt be the first time they put something specific from another ff game...he was weak as shit though in tactics.

Cod_Eye

Hard Core Member

5/05/13 4:19:21 PM#31

Yoshi has stated he would like to bring different things into ARR from each FF game, he even has the producers from previous FF games on his team. Off top of my head, FF1 armour (possibly CE item), Caith Sith, Magitech, Golden Saucer, Crystal Tower to name a few from the past series of the game will be implemented, and if I recall correctly you have to beat Crystal Tower to get to Bahamut.

Yoshi got people from his team to look at various MMO's and Yoshi had a conversation with one of the lead developers from Blizzard and made a statement about WoW which has been completely taken out of context.

Best thing for people who are genuinely interested in this game is to wait for open Beta and decide for yourself.

Until NDA drops then nobody here can really discuss much and defend the game and discuss the complaints and the fixes Yoshi's team is doing.

If you are an MMO player and played varied MMO's from the days of UO then you will see a lot of things incorperated into ARR from various MMO's.  I wouldn't say is a bad thing.

reeereee

Advanced Member

5/05/13 4:47:57 PM#32
Originally posted by Cod_Eye

Yoshi has stated he would like to bring different things into ARR from each FF game, he even has the producers from previous FF games on his team. Off top of my head, FF1 armour (possibly CE item), Caith Sith, Magitech, Golden Saucer, Crystal Tower to name a few from the past series of the game will be implemented, and if I recall correctly you have to beat Crystal Tower to get to Bahamut.

Yoshi got people from his team to look at various MMO's and Yoshi had a conversation with one of the lead developers from Blizzard and made a statement about WoW which has been completely taken out of context.

Best thing for people who are genuinely interested in this game is to wait for open Beta and decide for yourself.

Until NDA drops then nobody here can really discuss much and defend the game and discuss the complaints and the fixes Yoshi's team is doing.

If you are an MMO player and played varied MMO's from the days of UO then you will see a lot of things incorperated into ARR from various MMO's.  I wouldn't say is a bad thing.

ikr, I would love to have the arguement with you, but that annoying NDA.

feena750

Hard Core Member

5/12/13 2:19:55 AM#33
Biggs and Wedge brought all the magitech secrets to FF XIV.  They are in every final fantasy and they used magitek armor in FF VI.
  Jimmac

Apprentice Member

5/12/13 4:38:47 AM#34
Woe 35 seconds of title then dark footage of the armor. What a fucking joke.
  Krelian

Advanced Member

My new motto; Nothing worth saying takes less than a giant wall of (kinda)structured text! :D

5/12/13 4:57:19 AM#35

If you could ride those things into combat, it would be beyond awesome.

JakeBlack

Novice Member

5/23/13 11:46:27 PM#36
Im really into gear, this magitek armor is like the best? what does it look like?
2 Pages « 1 2 Search