Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Shroud of the Avatar

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,964,884 Users Online:0
Games:812  Posts:6,413,912
Square Enix | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » FFXIV: ARR - Beta Preview Articles Published 4/24/13

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

I was a 5 star elite member but my awesomeness was showing and the Mods cant have that

4/28/13 10:54:21 AM#21
Read these links. For a non biased review of how beta is going

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Ryowulf

Advanced Member

4/28/13 11:02:05 AM#22

Yup those reviews are biased.  They either played 1.0 or are fans of FF.  If you fall into one of those groups I guess you can make use of those reviews.

If you just have a causal interest in the game and can't as easily overlook it flaws then those reviews are pretty worthless.

Mikeha

Elite Member

Aion: Dark Betrayal

4/28/13 11:10:21 AM#23
Originally posted by BadSpock

I just read ALL of those - and let me tell you - it really renews my interest and excitement for this game.

Because in the end, I really like the more "standard" MMO formula of quests and instances and raids and trinity combat with tab target and hotbars etc.

I've been looking for a WoW replacement for years and years.

I love the Final Fantasy IP, and the graphics of this game + feature list and some of the more unique bits like the Job/Armoury system and crafting/gathering classes etc. really make me HOPE that SE really got it right with 2.0.

All of these reviews were honest, highlighting the areas that were great and the areas that were standard fair, and really spelling out how imporved the game is.

I never played 1.0 due to all the bad press and negative hype, but what really intrigues me most about these reviews is that in all of them they mention or allude to that this game just has some kind of... feeling... a magic to it that just feels right and is a joy to play.

I feel you on this because I too have found I like the more traditional mmo formula.

drivendawn

Hard Core Member

5/03/13 11:30:13 AM#24
2 Pages « 1 2 Search