Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | WildStar | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,904,932 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,291,291
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

6 posts found
  chumsy84

Apprentice Member

OP  4/05/13 9:05:43 PM#1
So far looking at the bard job, looks so badass with the bow, I am hoping this job can actually be more than supportive, and do some damage. I dont want to be singing all day to boost the stats of the party, it seems too boring and tedious. Hopefully they can make this job right in this version.
  Br3akingDawn

Advanced Member

4/06/13 3:28:01 AM#2
Originally posted by chumsy84
So far looking at the bard job, looks so badass with the bow, I am hoping this job can actually be more than supportive, and do some damage. I dont want to be singing all day to boost the stats of the party, it seems too boring and tedious. Hopefully they can make this job right in this version.

I want to sing my enemies to death!!! Till their ears bleeed!!! Idk im old school FFXI bard. Even though bards should be able to do decent dmg... but giving bard a bow!?? bleh.

birdycephon

Novice Member

Not Safe For Woona (NSFW)

4/06/13 3:50:39 AM#3
Originally posted by Epic1oots
Originally posted by chumsy84

I want to sing my enemies to death!!! Till their ears bleeed!!! Idk im old school FFXI bard. Even though bards should be able to do decent dmg... but giving bard a bow!?? bleh.

Don't listen to him.

Antiquated

Novice Member

4/06/13 4:27:33 AM#4
Isn't driving to the bad part of town to solicit a bard job illegal?
  nbtscan

Hard Core Member

4/08/13 3:04:44 PM#5
Bards were very capable damage dealers in 1.0, so you should like it if your idea of being able to do that plus provide support to your party encompasses that role.
  redcloud16

Novice Member

There is no chance unless you take one.

4/09/13 4:25:32 AM#6

I was never a fan of Bards in any RPG setting, really. I thought it was odd you'd take a musician into a dark dungeon. 

But I really liked the Bard in FFXIV 1.0. THeir Relic Weapon was a Bow combined with a Harp, it was super cool. :)

Bards did do damamge, but also had support. I don't know how they'll be in 2.0 yet, but I am sure they will be just as awesome. 

"The word "bard" ordinarily puts folk in mind of those itinerant minstrels, fair of voice and nimble of finger, who earn their coin performing in taverns and the halls of great lords. Few know, however, that bards in fact trace their origins back to the bowmen of eld, who sang in the heat of battle to fortify the spirits of their companions.

In time, their impassioned songs came to hold sway over the hearts of men, inspiring their comrades to great feats and granting peace unto those who lay upon the precipice of death."

From the FFXIV main website. 

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/game/jobs/bard