Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,790,721 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,194,209
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » What to look for in the new letter ?

8 posts found
  Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

I was a 5 star elite member but my awesomeness was showing and the Mods cant have that

OP  3/28/13 10:24:51 PM#1

I think it will open with Yoshi P talking about the department of Wadda ( guess no PvP with him  ; ; ) Followed by how the game will go on ( and they might push it faster now we will see ) Beta Phase one ending , New beta phase 2 , Then some cool walking around BS ( black shroud ) Then some cool new concept art , Then i am going to guess a first look at Ul'Dah and the areas around it .

Sounds about right to me . I would like them to have translated Letter V ( I , II , III and IV are ) so i could get detailed info , rather then a small transcripted one of just the Q&A

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Jockan

Hard Core Member

3/28/13 10:27:41 PM#2
I want to see what the other starting cities look like and their surrondings. Also want to hear about high level / end game content and really want to see the housing.

Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

I was a 5 star elite member but my awesomeness was showing and the Mods cant have that

OP  3/28/13 10:31:00 PM#3
Originally posted by Mannish
I want to see what the other starting cities look like and their surrondings. Also want to hear about high level / end game content and really want to see the housing.

There is a good look at Ul'Dah and the areas around it with the Tour video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW6fL5X1fM4

But yes i agree more info would be nice . EG stuff im sure will end im sure will come up in Phase 4 letter ( live letter 8 or 9 )

Jockan

Hard Core Member

3/28/13 10:47:26 PM#4
Yea, I seen this video a while back and it still looks amazing. I really want to see Limsa Lominsa because it was my home in the original Final Fantasy XIV. Know anything about Mor Dhona?

JimmyYO

Apprentice Member

3/28/13 11:00:17 PM#5

Game looks great but that's never been an issue with FFO games. The problem is very yawnworthy gameplay/combat. The game has potantial but it's being rushed just like the first launch and I never considered FFXI a success in the states so the lead dev for this is not much of a MMO savior. Hopefully he proves me wrong but not holding my breath.

I will say this, if this game is a giant flop again no one will ever trust Square Enix to make anything online again.

Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

OP  3/28/13 11:08:12 PM#6
Originally posted by JimmyYO

Game looks great but that's never been an issue with FFO games. The problem is very yawnworthy gameplay/combat. The game has potantial but it's being rushed just like the first launch and I never considered FFXI a success in the states so the lead dev for this is not much of a MMO savior. Hopefully he proves me wrong but not holding my breath.

I will say this, if this game is a giant flop again no one will ever trust Square Enix to make anything online again.

being a life long fan of Final Fantasy i would agree with you . Its hard for me to say that but i would agree 100% in terms of the game flopping and SE going Belly up. But i think SE knows this and i think it will be very successful . Friends have told me the beta is great . And thats about all i can say about that lol

redcloud16

Novice Member

There is no chance unless you take one.

3/28/13 11:12:53 PM#7
Originally posted by JimmyYO

They are doing the opposite, actually. It is not being rushed, Yoshida has repeatedly stated that the games development will take as long as it takes. It will be out when it is ready. 

Square is more than aware of how much is riding on the success of this game and will do everything they can to make it the best that it can be, and to not disappoint a second time. It would mean the end of their brand if this game flopped like version 1. 

They are not trying to beat WoW or be 'succesful' by the eys of the MMO community (which means beating WoW or having several million subs). FFXI IS succesful, it is the most protifable FF to date. It is still sub-based and not F2P like so many others games have gone. Hell, they just released a brand new expansion. They have a stable and secure player base, and while FFXIV is being aimed to appeal to a braoder audience, they are not trying to break the MMO bank. They are rying to make a game for many to enjoy, so they can have a stable player base as well. 

As for your battle comments, there isn't a legit way you could know enough about combat to make an informed decision about from just the videos available, unless you were in the beta or something which in that case you shouldn't be saying anything due to the NDA. 

EDIT: Sorry, I just reread my pos and it sounds confrontational, and that wasn't my intent. Just very passionate about this game, following it very closely, super excited. Please look forward to it!

Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

OP  3/28/13 11:13:10 PM#8
Originally posted by Mannish
Yea, I seen this video a while back and it still looks amazing. I really want to see Limsa Lominsa because it was my home in the original Final Fantasy XIV. Know anything about Mor Dhona?

No that area has not been shown yet nor has Coerthas my Fav area .