Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,773,588 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,187,767
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
24 posts found
  GwapoJosh

Advanced Member

OP  2/19/13 4:11:17 AM#1
Hellz yeah!  I'm excited..  See you guys in game!

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

13 warnings and counting for speaking it how it is..

VanadromArda

Highlighted Blogger

2/19/13 7:31:20 AM#2
Confirmed. Mails have arrieved with codes. Congrats to those who are in.
  cybertrucker

Spotlight Poster

Freeloading mooches are the scourge of the gaming community.

2/19/13 7:35:02 AM#3
YAY! I can't wait for EQNEXT . And on the menu for now is more guild wars2. Good luck with FF though. Hope they fixed their mess for all of the fans. Never cared much for it myself.
  Ehnoah

Novice Member

2/19/13 7:58:40 AM#4

Only legacy keys are out.

No one with normal Beta yet.

*Registration codes for service accounts that do not qualify as a Legacy member will be announced before the start of Beta Test phase 3.

beb2592

Novice Member

2/19/13 8:03:05 AM#5
Originally posted by GwapoJosh
Hellz yeah!  I'm excited..  See you guys in game!

You sir have literally made my day... no my WEEK! 

apocoluster

Advanced Member

\m/,

2/19/13 8:16:41 AM#6
Denied. Again :(.  Guess ill see yah during the free month

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

beb2592

Novice Member

2/19/13 8:21:48 AM#7
Originally posted by apocoluster

Are you a Legacy member? They are the only ones getting emails. And if you are, check your spam folder.

kabitoshin

Advanced Member

2/19/13 9:13:40 AM#8
Good job breaking the NDA, rule #1 about beta club is don't talk about beta club.
  Murugan

Novice Member

2/19/13 12:25:13 PM#9
Originally posted by apocoluster

Not true, you'll have another shot in phase 2.  Then if you ever played XIV 1.0 you will be in as of phase 3, and then phase 4 open beta is well... open.

Then you'll get the free month after the official launch.  So you'll have the opportunity to play the game long before then.

http://xivpads.com/?1595680
http://guildwork.com/users/murugan

cronius77

Advanced Member

2/19/13 12:29:32 PM#10
im sorry but games that make a NDA do not stand behind their product IMO. Also you can talk all you want about being in a beta , you just cannot mention the content. Hope FF fans get a good game this time , they deserved better than that crap they released before.
  HeroEvermore

Apprentice Member

Banned 18 times and counting.

2/19/13 12:30:14 PM#11
Cry wish i was legacy... I did buy the game but it wasn't enough...oh wells. Hope to see you guys in phase 2 or 3. playing Path of Exile until then.

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Sovrath

Elite Member

2/19/13 12:34:13 PM#12
Originally posted by kabitoshin
Good job breaking the NDA, rule #1 about beta club is don't talk about beta club.

Actually the NDA doesn't say you can't admit to being in this beta just that you can't disclose confidential information and does list what that information is.

Vannor

Hard Core Member

2/19/13 12:39:04 PM#13
Originally posted by cronius77
im sorry but games that make a NDA do not stand behind their product IMO.

Totally flawed opinion there mate. You need to stop thinking about it from a player's perspective and see it from a developer's perpective... when things are not yet finished, added or may be removed later.. you do not want everyone talking about them, cos most consumers lack the brain power or the reasoning to understand that in some cases a beta actually is a beta. Marketing is an academic subject for a reason. NDAs are a result of consumer flaws, not the other way around.

Murugan

Novice Member

2/19/13 12:43:53 PM#14
im sorry but games that make a NDA do not stand behind their product IMO. Also you can talk all you want about being in a beta , you just cannot mention the content. Hope FF fans get a good game this time , they deserved better than that crap they released before.

People who complain about NDA's in BETA do not know anything about how TESTING games in DEVELOPMENT works.

Been this way for longer than you've been playing I'm sure.

Also yeah Square Enix really should start standing behind FFXIV already!

http://xivpads.com/?1595680
http://guildwork.com/users/murugan

Alberel

Advanced Member

2/19/13 4:35:19 PM#15

A game in beta is an unfinished product. There will be problems, bugs and systems that aren't up to standard. The current MMO community would stupidly use betas to dismiss games if it weren't for the NDA forcing most of them to wait for launch.

Kajidourden

Apprentice Member

2/20/13 2:12:06 AM#16

This is great news, or...at least it would be.  Im a legacy member (since beta of 1.0)....but I'm currently deplyed to afghanistan until november....sad llama.

I suppose I can always get it set up once i come back for R and R in June....but I wonder if there is some expiration on those keys as well lol.  In any case, good to see it's coming along, very much looking forward to playing 2.0!

Majin_Jubei

Novice Member

2/20/13 3:10:18 AM#17
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by kabitoshin

Actually the NDA doesn't say you can't admit to being in this beta just that you can't disclose confidential information and does list what that information is.

Goes to show that you never read the NDA

2.6 Beta Tester's Confidentiality Obligations  
"Confidential Information" shall mean (a) any and all information relating to or contained in the Products, Software, Documentation, or other materials supplied to Beta Tester by Company in connection with the Beta Testing, including, without limitation, information relating to the performance, conditions, capabilities, and contents of the Products and Software, methods of reporting and conducting, modification schedule, modification process and its progress in the Beta Testing, AND RECIPIENT'S FEEDBACK, OPINIONS, SUGGESTIONS, AND COMMENTS (POSITIVE AND/OR NEGATIVE) REGARDING THE PRODUCT AND THE SOFTWARE, (b) the existence and the terms of this Agreement, (c) the Square Enix ID and password used by Beta Tester, or by any other Beta Tester, (d) THE IDENTITY OF BETA TESTER AND THE FACT THAT BETA TESTER IS PARTICIPATING IN THE BETA TEST, and (e) any and all information relating to the future or proposed products, services, or business operations of Company. Confidential Information includes, without limitation, all such information disclosed to Beta Tester prior to the execution of this Agreement. Beta Tester acknowledges and agrees that the Confidential Information constitutes valuable trade secrets of Company and (subject to the other terms of this Section 2.6) agrees to keep Confidential all Confidential Information, and only use Confidential Information in connection with Beta Tester's participation in the Beta Test. 

Verusius

Novice Member

2/20/13 10:48:50 AM#18
Originally posted by Ehnoah

Only legacy keys are out.

No one with normal Beta yet.

*Registration codes for service accounts that do not qualify as a Legacy member will be announced before the start of Beta Test phase 3.

Wrong. A friend of mine got a key early morning yesterday and he never even played 1.0

Ehnoah

Novice Member

2/20/13 10:51:30 AM#19
Support writed me today that ONLY Legacy Invites are out now. Non-Legacy player will choosen next week and E-Mailed.

Verusius

Novice Member

2/20/13 10:57:35 AM#20
Originally posted by Ehnoah
Support writed me today that ONLY Legacy Invites are out now. Non-Legacy player will choosen next week and E-Mailed.

I don't know what to tell ya then. I seen the email myself. As a legacy holder I was glad to see a non legacy get in. I have no reason to lie.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search