Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,255 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,633
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » The choice: New server or existing one?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  nbtscan

Apprentice Member

1/31/13 11:57:54 AM#21
Originally posted by GoldenArrow

I'm quite sure the old servers will die horribly. Considering the economy is built on the old v1.0 version and all of it's updates.

Fresh start, fresh economy and fresh community.

They're performing a re-denomination, so people will only have 10% of the gil they had at the end of 1.0.

Besides, people who maxed out all of their classes won't easily give up that progress.

Nemhy

Apprentice Member

2/02/13 7:57:12 PM#22
I have been following this game pretty hard. When did they say that there will be seperate servers for people who want "fresh starts"?  From what I understand the new servers are just so there are servers based in the USA. The previous version had all Japanese servers which made a lot of server lag and ruined some encounters for US players. (like the Ifrit fight)   I don't see why they would lock existing characters onto Japanese servers...makes no sense
  Ggrab

Apprentice Member

2/03/13 2:35:37 AM#23

they mention it a while back , they dont want 1.0 vet controlling the servers

they did redouce the gil 10 to 1 ( if u had 10mil u'll have 1mil  now ) but in my server they were still ppl with cap gil 

im starting in a new server because i want to be part of a bigger and better community , the vet server will be cap with just the few ppl that did play 1.0 til the end

Relleum

Novice Member

2/03/13 3:34:34 PM#24

they are reducing gil to 1/10 yes, but the npc prices of items will also be 1/10. so you really dont lose much.  of course people will try to still sell items high, but when no one buys for those prices, they will lower.  i dont think its going to be as terrible as many people make it seem, although many people would like to be on even playing field with everyone else at the start, completely understandable.

im going to whatever server my LS from 1.0 decides to, at least my maxed main, im definately leveling another character though, but still deciding on that one.

Alberel

Novice Member

2/03/13 10:25:00 PM#25
Originally posted by Nemhy
I have been following this game pretty hard. When did they say that there will be seperate servers for people who want "fresh starts"?  From what I understand the new servers are just so there are servers based in the USA. The previous version had all Japanese servers which made a lot of server lag and ruined some encounters for US players. (like the Ifrit fight)   I don't see why they would lock existing characters onto Japanese servers...makes no sense

They aren't locking existing characters to Japanese servers. They're opening up new servers in each region, designating some as new characters only and others as normal. All vet accounts are then being granted free transfers to any of the 'normal' servers they choose, of which there are some in each region.

There were lots of details released about this a while back, just take a look in the compiled info thread on this forum for links to the source.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search