Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,727 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,225,884
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

11 posts found
  drivendawn

Elite Member

OP  1/22/13 5:44:50 PM#1
 http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog   pretty cool lookin
  VanadromArda

Highlighted Blogger

1/22/13 5:48:55 PM#2
Note that's not her final appearance. That's just a zBrush raw. Personally I'd like her horns to be ruduced a bit to look more like a 'crown' in the concept art. I imagine she'll look much between once they give her pale skin.
  tollbooth

Novice Member

1/22/13 5:58:03 PM#3

"Rhymes with Diva." 

Shiva and Diva rhyme?  Guess I've been saying this wrong for... damn i'm old :(

VanadromArda

Highlighted Blogger

1/22/13 6:30:41 PM#4
I don't pronounce it right either. I say "SHIV uh"
  tollbooth

Novice Member

1/22/13 8:58:47 PM#5
Originally posted by TemperHoof

Same way I pronounce it as well.

VirgoThree

Tipster

FFXIV:ARR, Malboro Server, Scarlet Raven

1/22/13 9:04:37 PM#6
Originally posted by tollbooth
Originally posted by TemperHoof

Same way I pronounce it as well.

I've always pronounced it SHEEV uh. I'd say it's kind of a TOMAETO - TOMAATO sort of thing...gah that looks awkward in text.

Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

I was a 5 star elite member but my awesomeness was showing and the Mods cant have that

1/22/13 11:12:38 PM#7
I say it SHE VA , can't wait to see the other primals

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

mrputts

Advanced Member

1/22/13 11:17:16 PM#8

SHIVA-KAMINI SOMA-KANDAR-KRAM!!!!!!

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

Kamikazego

Hard Core Member

1/22/13 11:19:07 PM#9

I'm not sure if it's a reference to the "god" Shiva (which can be pronounced She-vah or See-vah), or if it's just a name created in Japan and thus is pronounced using their pronunciation rules.

Either way, it's kind of amusing finding people who pronounce these things oddly.  It's She-vah. Rhymes with Diva. Not Shiv-ah or Shy-vah or whatnot. ;)

Back in the days of FF7, it was amusing to hear people pronouncing Tifa as "tiff-ah" instead of "Tee-fah".

Also, interesting link.

Alberel

Novice Member

1/23/13 1:53:47 AM#10
Originally posted by Kamikazego

I'm not sure if it's a reference to the "god" Shiva (which can be pronounced She-vah or See-vah), or if it's just a name created in Japan and thus is pronounced using their pronunciation rules.

Either way, it's kind of amusing finding people who pronounce these things oddly.  It's She-vah. Rhymes with Diva. Not Shiv-ah or Shy-vah or whatnot. ;)

Back in the days of FF7, it was amusing to hear people pronouncing Tifa as "tiff-ah" instead of "Tee-fah".

Also, interesting link.

Most of the 'core' FF summons such as Shiva, Ifrit and such are based on ancient mythology so their names are pronounced the same. Shiva is (very) loosely based on the Hindu deity whilst Ifrit is based on a kind of fire jinn from Arabian myth. Garuda is also a mythical eagle (or bird-like humanoid) from Hindu and Buddhist mythology. It makes sense given that they are usually god-like beings in the FF universe.

I have to say this new incarnation is very different to her previous forms though. She looks a bit more 'organic' this time around and they appear to have entirely ditched the Hindu aesthetic she's had in the past. I'll be interested to see how the finalised model looks...

Nyrrho

Novice Member

1/23/13 3:48:09 AM#11
Given how much Final Fantasy summons have changed over the years (Shiva included), it's still a farily recognizable rendition of Shiva. With those horns, it looks like a much more detailed version of the FFXI Shiva.