Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,947 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,254,205
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

7 posts found
  Deminiz

Novice Member

OP  1/08/13 5:46:50 PM#1
Hey sorry to bother but I never achieved this "legacy" status during FFXIV but I did purchase the game and subbed for 2 months . Will i have to buy the game when it comes out?
  ZizouX

Hard Core Member

1/08/13 5:52:05 PM#2

If you have the game... you can play without buying another.... but if you don't have legacy status, you will have to pay a higher monthly rate and not get other perks (beta priority, more character slots, exclusive choco mount, etc).

Your first month of FFXIV ARR may be free... i'm not sure on that one though.

Heretic061

Novice Member

1/12/13 2:47:24 PM#3
I had a question about Legacy too,  kinda fits in this one.  I can't remeber if I paid for 2 or 3 months on Ver 1.0,  I heard you can tell at character select screen with a logo,  however I haven't had the game installed in quite a while, so I was wondering if theres a way to tell on the Square Account Management page.  I checked my payment history but its rather confusing since it doesnt actually seem to tell you what was actually paid or free,  just when it was active or cancelled.
  Br3akingDawn

Advanced Member

1/12/13 3:33:27 PM#4

The thing is guys, if your not a legacy theres no way to become a legacy atm. You would had receive an e-mail stating that you have qualified to be legacy. If you've activated and un-activated your account, chances are you have not qualified. It HAS to be 90 days of PAID time PAST your free month. This means it must have been 3 months of active status since january 5th, 2012. If you have not gotten an e-mail by now and you have not had any paid time since january, I highly doubt you'd make it in time to qualify by the end of your 3 months. Someting like this

"The Legacy Campaign is a loyalty reward available to players who have been playing in V1 for at least 90 days

With V2, the fee structure will be changing and players who qualify for legacy status will be able to take advantage of a legacy player discount. The discounted prices will be the same as the current 30 day fee, while players without legacy status will have to pay the higher older fee for the same service level. 

The new structure has removed the extra character payment and instead given you up to 40 playable characters for your 30 day fee. Players who do not have legacy status will be able to gain a discount if they are happy with a maximum of just one character per world. The full V2 fee structure is as follows: 

Membership Price Days Characters - World Characters - Total
Legacy £6.89/€9.99/$9.99 30 8 40
Entry £7.69/€10.99/$12.99 30 1 8
Standard £8.99/€12.99/$14.99 30 8 40

Players with legacy status will also be entitled to an exclusive chocobo mount which will become available with the launch of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. They will also be able to request that their name is displayed in the credits for V2."

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/service.php

Yaevindusk

Elite Member

Logic, reason and fact do not supersede human nature. Ignorance reigns without justice.

1/15/13 12:04:53 AM#5

Just to add to the accurate information that has already been given in this thread, not all will have received an email if they're legacy.  There are some, including myself, who never got an email, but we had that "Legacy" symbol when you log in and had more than the purchased days required to further solidify it.

Still, it's highly likely that the vast majority got these emails, but if you're 100% positive you obtained the necessary 90 days paid, then there's a possibility you did.

In my situation I used the 90 day subscription plan back before it was discontinued and instantly got Legacy the next day I logged in.

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

Khrymson

Guide

1/16/13 3:25:22 AM#6

You can check if you have Legacy Status by logging into your Square Enix Account.  Then under the Service and Options tab on the lower left, click Select Service which will change the main menu to a selection of either FFXI or FFXIV or both if you have an account for both.  

Click on Final Fantasy XIV obviously and if you have a Legacy account you'll see the Legacy symbol as depicted in the image below:

Zooce

Novice Member

1/17/13 1:04:07 PM#7

Just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to this thread.

Since hearing about "Legacy" when I went to the ARR beta sign up site, I have been confused about what the requirements were.  I searched the official forums, google, and never found solid details until just now.

Thanks!