Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,739,270 Users Online:0
Games:715  Posts:6,177,382
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » New to FF XIV - Classes question!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  Khrymson

Guide

1/09/13 8:21:31 AM#21
You can, but it won't be the most effective means.  Camping in one place and pulling mobs back is being abolished, but there will be plenty of party activities to engage in.
  jskeets916

Novice Member

1/10/13 11:54:57 AM#22
Originally posted by Dzone
Will it be possible to level in xp party groups like it was in ffxi? I would prefer to group up with ppl to level than solo.

Yes the devs have stated they are bringing back exp chains and other party based rewards in 11, some of which were also present in 14.

Not to say that you can't solo but by forming a group with your friends you will be able to engage in more content or camp and grind mobs as efficiently as you can for xp chains like in ffxi.

Ensifer

Novice Member

1/11/13 7:11:00 PM#23
So was reading through the abilitys of the 1.0 classes on the wiki and noticed that warriors actually have alot of enmity generators, so with that being said were warriors able to tank in 1.0 version of FF14?
  Yaevindusk

Elite Member

Logic, reason and fact do not supersede human nature. Ignorance reigns without justice.

1/11/13 8:50:18 PM#24
Originally posted by Ensifer
So was reading through the abilitys of the 1.0 classes on the wiki and noticed that warriors actually have alot of enmity generators, so with that being said were warriors able to tank in 1.0 version of FF14?

They were considered the best tanks for the majority of game since the implementation of classes.  This was mainly because of their ability to tank just fine, their high HP pool (higher than paladin's) in addition to their very high damage output.  It was practically a handicap to use a paladin in a fight as you'll lose the DPS a warrior would bring and the slight extra defense they had wasn't necessary.

As time moved along they began to improve the paladin class by increasing their HP, shield affinity and increasing the damage of some of their weaponskills to compensate.  Though, by the time the patch came along to "fix" them, people were still in the long standing mindset that warriors were best, and paladins got the shaft on most party invites.

Ultimately to be considered a "serious" tank, one had to have leveled both a Warrior and Paladin to max and have adequate gear to help with this.  This is because there were times were Warrior was more useful in "speed runs" and when paladin might've had a niche role to play to help the group out.

In 2.0 there will be vast changes to the classes, so the paladin community is hoping that means a fresh start for them.  It was especially difficult on the Paladins as their class was only good -- and made for -- tanking, and warriors could double as pure DPS if they did not want to tank.

I considered it bad design and am looking forward to seeing what updates they put in to make sure Paladins are top tanks, or at least have the ability to be a DPS role so they aren't left behind again, what with being trumped by their only role to play by another type of class.

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

Tahmoose

Novice Member

1/25/13 12:00:26 AM#25
This game has me more excited than I have been about a game since beta for Wow vanilla
  User Deleted
1/25/13 12:16:34 AM#26

Also Yoshida said sometime after ARR release they will add more jobs like ninja and samurai which were my prefered in FFXI :)

Also community asked about assasin type or as in ffxi thief which I guess will be added too sometime in the future.

Confirmed at release is just Arcainist/Summoner so far.

tollbooth

Novice Member

1/25/13 12:18:22 AM#27
Originally posted by Khrymson
You can, but it won't be the most effective means.  Camping in one place and pulling mobs back is being abolished, but there will be plenty of party activities to engage in.

Where did you get this information from?  Because my experience with the game so far, and from what I've read they are fully supporting this style of play.  In fact I believe that it is currently the fastest form of xp.

drivendawn

Elite Member

1/25/13 2:33:08 PM#28
Originally posted by tollbooth

Where did you get this information from?  Because my experience with the game so far, and from what I've read they are fully supporting this style of play.  In fact I believe that it is currently the fastest form of xp.

Correct. You can camp and kill mobs in a party affectively.

tommygunzII

Apprentice Member

1/26/13 4:57:59 AM#29

Glad to hear about the similarities to FFXI. When I first heard about changing classes in the field I wasn't very fond of the idea, but this thread cleared up any concerns I had. Very much looking forward to this.

nbtscan

Advanced Member

1/31/13 11:24:49 AM#30

It was actually a quote from Yoshida himself.  Apparently party monster grinding IS an option, but some of the other things such as doing dungeons for xp will be more efficient.

KcebEnyaw

Novice Member

1/31/13 2:55:59 PM#31
Originally posted by nbtscan

It was actually a quote from Yoshida himself.  Apparently party monster grinding IS an option, but some of the other things such as doing dungeons for xp will be more efficient.

Dungeon's won't likely be more efficient, persay, they will just make it seem like your doing something while you grind Mobs. 

I don't think anyone should be worried about the loss of Mob grinding. There will always be a way to make Party Grinding the most efficient method of Leveling. You just need to find the right Camp. We will still have XP chains, they just won't bump your XP/Kill up to 2000 anymore.

When Yodhida was talking about making Camping less efficient, he was speaking to bringing XP/Hour level way back down from the horrendous spike in 1.0.  Mob Griding got so out of Control, you could level 41-50 in about 2 to 3 hours. 

2 Pages « 1 2 Search