Trending Games | ArcheAge | Neverwinter | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,823,334 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,217,248
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

10 posts found
  Br3akingDawn

Advanced Member

OP  1/02/13 11:42:02 PM#1
So I was wondering, I have the PC version and will be getting the Ps3 version too so my brother can play with me. But would it be possible for me to log in thru the PS3 console wih my Pc account? Sometimes it just nice to be able to relaxe on the sofa and play some FF.....

Ensifer

Novice Member

1/02/13 11:46:12 PM#2
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that you will need a seperate account to play on the PS3 version I will keep my eye open on a confirmation of this tho.
  Alberel

Novice Member

1/03/13 1:32:32 AM#3
You can use the same account and play with the same character(s) on the PS3 and PC but you will need to purchase each version separately. I'm not sure if that means you'll need to register both keys to the same account or not though, they haven't covered it in that much detail. At the end of the day though, yes, you'll be able to do what you ask.
  Amsai

Apprentice Member

1/03/13 1:39:27 AM#4
Originally posted by Ensifer
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that you will need a seperate account to play on the PS3 version I will keep my eye open on a confirmation of this tho.

Negative.

It will work just like FFXI does. You can log into any platform (PC, PS3) using the same account. However, you will have to purchase a PS3 version of FFXIV still for obvious reasons (PS3 compatible installation disc).

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/58180-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-IV-Q-A-Summary?p=897962&highlight=ps3+account#post897962

Q: If you want to play the PC version on a PS3, will you still have to purchase the registration code for the PS3 version?
A: In that case, I’m very sorry but you will have to purchase a registration code for the PS3 version. However, you will be able to play on the PS3 with the same character you created on the PC.

Ensifer

Novice Member

1/03/13 1:44:53 AM#5
Ah, I knew it was some limitation just wasnt sure where it was. Nice to know tho thanks for the clarification.
  Br3akingDawn

Advanced Member

OP  1/03/13 1:56:57 AM#6
Originally posted by Amsai
Originally posted by Ensifer

Negative.

It will work just like FFXI does. You can log into any platform (PC, PS3) using the same account. However, you will have to purchase a PS3 version of FFXIV still for obvious reasons (PS3 compatible installation disc).

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/58180-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-IV-Q-A-Summary?p=897962&highlight=ps3+account#post897962

Q: If you want to play the PC version on a PS3, will you still have to purchase the registration code for the PS3 version?
A: In that case, I’m very sorry but you will have to purchase a registration code for the PS3 version. However, you will be able to play on the PS3 with the same character you created on the PC.

Sweet, that's exactly what I wanted to know. TY!

Scottgun

Apprentice Member

1/04/13 1:41:23 PM#7
Pardon my ignorance, but does this mean PC players and PS3 players can be on the same server interacting and all that? Is there universal voice comms? Thanks.

How not to sell me on a game: "And most people that make it past the tutorial seem to appreciate [x game's] uniqueness, even if they don't find it fun."

Ensifer

Novice Member

1/04/13 1:53:08 PM#8
Yes pc and ps3 players will be the same servers as for the voice chat im still not sure what there doing.
  Divinefairy

Apprentice Member

1/04/13 2:41:24 PM#9

What's the issue with voice chat?

Have a PC next to your console and hook up to ventrilo, dont use a PTT.

Scottgun

Apprentice Member

1/04/13 2:46:30 PM#10
Originally posted by Divinefairy

What's the issue with voice chat?

Have a PC next to your console and hook up to ventrilo, dont use a PTT.

Now that you put it like that, it's no problem at all in my case.  :) But I suppose it is still worthy as an academic question as many games have their own voice comm system.

How not to sell me on a game: "And most people that make it past the tutorial seem to appreciate [x game's] uniqueness, even if they don't find it fun."