Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,805 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,024
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » Question (Probably Been Answered Before)

3 posts found
  UNH0LYEV1L

Novice Member

OP  12/26/12 1:29:09 PM#1
I thought I heard somewhere that current FFXIV characters would be transfering over to A Realm Reborn when its released.  I haven't been able to find any more information on that though since looking for it again.  Is is true they plan on keeping previous characters levels/gear/etc. or is there going to be a wipe and people will just be keeping their character names and such?

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift

dreamscaper

Elite Member

12/26/12 1:31:31 PM#2
Characters will carry over, though you'll have a one-time chance to give your character a makeover. Importing old characters is actually part of the beta-testing roadmap.

<3

Divinefairy

Apprentice Member

12/29/12 10:45:51 AM#3

While you can certainly import an old character, I'd highly recommend starting a new job at the onset of the game so you can experience the new content put in at all levels (ie. get the quests done and learn a job from the ground up using the new battle mechanics.).