Trending Games | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,940 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,660
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » Alpha Inivtes December 14th & 17th (Final)

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
41 posts found
  VanadromArda

Highlighted Blogger

OP  12/01/12 8:32:10 PM#1

"Additional invitation to the ARR alpha testing has been sent! Check out your email! Next invitation will be sent on Dec 14th."

This was announced on Twitter. Good luck to all those who have signed up.

Remember, you must have a registered copy of Final Fantasy XIV with an acvite character before September 30th on your account to be accepted. That's the only REAL requirement to get into Alpha.

-- Confirmed by SquareEnix Support staff.

As of December 12, 2012 (Wednesday) 11:00 p.m. (PST), we will no longer be accepting applications for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn alpha testers. The final alpha tester selection will be conducted on December 17, and notification emails will be sent shortly thereafter.

Proceed to the Alpha Test Application Site.

Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

I was a 5 star elite member but my awesomeness was showing and the Mods cant have that

12/01/12 9:01:16 PM#2
actually I did mention it , with a direct link to it. in thread all Final Fantasy XIV ARR info .

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

VanadromArda

Highlighted Blogger

OP  12/01/12 9:14:32 PM#3
Aww. :(
  Toxia

Novice Member

12/01/12 9:18:55 PM#4
I've watched enough alpha leaks to get the impression i dont want to alpha/beta test this one. It seems they have way too much still left to work on.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

VanadromArda

Highlighted Blogger

OP  12/01/12 9:30:09 PM#5
Well I've alphaed a few games, but I've yet to actually be in an Alpha of a game that actually made it anywhere success wise.
  Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

I was a 5 star elite member but my awesomeness was showing and the Mods cant have that

12/02/12 12:03:41 PM#6
i would like to Alpha this but i think i would rather Beta test. Beta you have about 70% of the content in the build. And SE might let you keep your progress . Where Alpha is wipe repeat wipe repeat

VanadromArda

Highlighted Blogger

OP  12/02/12 12:12:41 PM#7
Beta is also character wipes. That's just part of testing. I'm perfectly okay, and always have been okay, with getting my stuff wiped out.
  TangentPoint

Elite Member

The "Real Game" begins at character creation.

12/02/12 4:58:21 PM#8
Originally posted by DarknessReign
i would like to Alpha this but i think i would rather Beta test. Beta you have about 70% of the content in the build. And SE might let you keep your progress . Where Alpha is wipe repeat wipe repeat

If you're not willing to participate in an Alpha for those reasons, then you are not going in with the right understanding of why you're there. The focus of an Alpha is testing, not playing. It's not about "experiencing more of the content and getting to keep your progress".

The purpose of alpha testing is to help them test the hardware, the software and such to make sure it can hold up under load, things don't break, servers don't crash, etc.

The same, really, is true of Beta. "Alpha Testing" and "Beta Testing" aren't some snazzy-sounding buzzwords dreamt up in some Marketing Dept. brainstorming session. They're not euphemisms for "free trial!". They're long-standing terms that are a very well defined, and very important part of any software development cycle.

Many people don't realize that, go in with ignorantly unrealistic expectations, and then complain about it being an "unfinished" game, or a "subpar experience". It's usually the same people who seem to think agreeing to an NDA and not leaking info is "just a suggestion" or an informal request to be freely ignored. That is until they're banned for it and then cry "travesty!" at being "treated so unfairly".

It's a problem that plagues MMORPGs. People treating Alphas/Betas as "free previews/trials" instead of what they're supposed to be. An awful lot of people issued invites for Alphas - and Betas for that matter - have no business anywhere near one.

My philosophy on MMORPGs:

Leveling is what happens while you're playing the rest of the game.

Don't worry about levels. Just play.

Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

12/02/12 5:59:15 PM#9
no I know why and how to alpha I have alpha tested lots of games. I just get sorta upset because I end up liking alpha and the building of my chr that I don't want to redo it over and over LOL. That's why I'd rather beta. It's my only knock on alpha .

angerbeaver

Hard Core Member

Games Played:Ultima OnlineRappelzLOTROWoWGWGW2SWTOR

12/02/12 6:04:18 PM#10

I signed up to the Enix Website.

I clicked this link (http://entry.ffxiv.com/alpha/index_na.html) a couple days ago but it never took my account information after clicking "Apply". Is that different credentials or the same I used to log into the enix website?

kryles Xfire Miniprofile
  Draron

Novice Member

12/03/12 1:40:37 AM#11

Looking forward to reading the official forums tomorrow. There was a big uproar where someone claimed they payed $7,000 for a PC just for XIV and not getting in.

Originally posted by angerbeaver

I clicked this link (http://entry.ffxiv.com/alpha/index_na.html) a couple days ago but it never took my account information after clicking "Apply". Is that different credentials or the same I used to log into the enix website?

It uses the same login information, yea. Try a different browser? It'll tell you if you've already registered with that account if it went through.

Ehnoah

Novice Member

12/03/12 7:58:54 AM#12
I hope someone post when he get his invite :D
  zevni78

Elite Member

12/03/12 1:46:03 PM#13

I am surprised, I assumed you would be really keen to get in, though you are right the alpha doesn’t have much content to go through. I would still recommend applying anyway to leave feedback on the forums and to get the grips with the basics, after all its was basics they got wrong last time, UI, combat, quest structure, etc. Might be best to see the reality, before you get too into it if it isnt to your taste. Also it would be great to see you in there (if i get in too).

User Deleted
12/04/12 4:16:58 AM#14

It's more important to get into the Alpha than beta for me.
FFXIV was broken at core designs, content is a fleeting thing that is puffed around the core.

Sure content is what drives you in the end, but if the core is no fun, every content is meaningless.
If you need 5 minutes to sell one item, to not getting xp as healer or tank in a group encounter and your friends outlevel you (and your content) while you play with them together - to simple things like loading screen for every dialogue scene. (i know the xp thing got fixed but it shows where feedback was ignored initially).

zevni78

Elite Member

12/05/12 8:06:27 AM#15
Originally posted by skydiver12

It's more important to get into the Alpha than beta for me.
FFXIV was broken at core designs, content is a fleeting thing that is puffed around the core.

Sure content is what drives you in the end, but if the core is no fun, every content is meaningless.
If you need 5 minutes to sell one item, to not getting xp as healer or tank in a group encounter and your friends outlevel you (and your content) while you play with them together - to simple things like loading screen for every dialogue scene. (i know the xp thing got fixed but it shows where feedback was ignored initially).

Yes, I wanted in on alpha to test the basics too, engine optimisation, combat speed etc.

Cod_Eye

Apprentice Member

12/05/12 8:39:28 AM#16
Originally posted by Draron

Looking forward to reading the official forums tomorrow. There was a big uproar where someone claimed they payed $7,000 for a PC just for XIV and not getting in.

Originally posted by angerbeaver

It uses the same login information, yea. Try a different browser? It'll tell you if you've already registered with that account if it went through.

LOL $7000 for a pc to play FFXIV, someone really seen him coming.

[video]http://xivpads.com/?Cod-Eye-Ragnarok[/video]

User Deleted
12/05/12 8:42:29 AM#17
Got my Alpha invite on the 3rd (early morning CST) .
  Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

12/05/12 11:47:08 AM#18
I tried to get in 1st alpha V1 and did not . Have applied for V2 and still nothing. I heard the NA market only makes up 1 in every 6 as far as alpha testers. Still hope I would like to voice my opinions on the alpha forum. But regardless I will give 2.0 a chance and so far I like what I see.

Hefaistos

Advanced Member

12/05/12 11:50:07 AM#19

Thats the wrong attitude. Thats why 99% of the games are released with major bugs, because people play and do not report the problems. 

zevni78

Elite Member

12/05/12 12:01:50 PM#20
Originally posted by Hefaistos

Thats the wrong attitude. Thats why 99% of the games are released with major bugs, because people play and do not report the problems. 

In this case the western players in the last 2 alpha waves only have excess to a small part of the game that has already been open to alpha testers in Japan, so there isnt much bug testing to do.

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search