Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,637,459 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,072,859
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  User Deleted
11/30/12 11:49:43 PM#21
Originally posted by birdycephon

I dunno, I dont think it was all that bad.

Problematic? Yes.

Worst game ever? No.

Well, I personally judged it based on it's place in the genre i.e. AAA MMO from a big name big budget studio with nearly a decade of experience with MMO's. In that regard, it was easily the worst MMO I've ever played in my 10 years playing them.

Thankfully, none of that really matters at this point. I shall completely forget that 1.0 existed in any form and treat the launch of ARR like a whole new game. I just hope my fellow gamers are willing to do the same and give it a second chance.

zevni78

Elite Member

12/01/12 6:49:57 AM#22
Originally posted by ezpz77

Problematic? Yes.

Worst game ever? No.

Well, I personally judged it based on it's place in the genre i.e. AAA MMO from a big name big budget studio with nearly a decade of experience with MMO's. In that regard, it was easily the worst MMO I've ever played in my 10 years playing them.

Thankfully, none of that really matters at this point. I shall completely forget that 1.0 existed in any form and treat the launch of ARR like a whole new game. I just hope my fellow gamers are willing to do the same and give it a second chance.

Indeed, XIV was the worst AAA release of all time when you mark up all the features they got wrong, and though I am bemused by those that try to defend it, (I guess it takes all sorts) and it is important to learn the lessons of such failure, a great many of the general mmo public are dismissive of Yoshida's attempts at a reboot. Now I admit he has a massive challenge, and won't get everything right, as there simply is too much to correct and so much to learn, but I just ask for an open mind.

OPEN YOUR MIND... OPEN YOUR MIIIIINDDDD...

birdycephon

Novice Member

Not Safe For Woona (NSFW)

12/01/12 8:40:35 AM#23
Originally posted by zevni78
Originally posted by ezpz77

Problematic? Yes.

Worst game ever? No.

Indeed, XIV was the worst AAA release of all time when you mark up all the features they got wrong, and though I am bemused by those that try to defend it, (I guess it takes all sorts) and it is important to learn the lessons of such failure, a great many of the general mmo public are dismissive of Yoshida's attempts at a reboot. Now I admit he has a massive challenge, and won't get everything right, as there simply is too much to correct and so much to learn, but I just ask for an open mind.

OPEN YOUR MIND... OPEN YOUR MIIIIINDDDD...

Even worse than APB?

zevni78

Elite Member

12/01/12 8:49:55 AM#24

Even worse than APB?

Yes, failed mmos typically have 2 or 3 huge problems, with XIV it was millions of little things that ground you down. You couldn't find solace in anything, as there was always bad UI or control or gameplay mechanics in the way.

Michiel

Novice Member

OP  12/01/12 2:20:12 PM#25

Thank you everyone who replied. I'm just glad I didn't go crazy and didn't imagine it all. Very curious now though to see it relaunch as I was always curious about the game, but stayed away because of the Forum full of warnings. I really hope this overhaul will make the game more enjoyable for everyone and also give me the opportunity to try it out.

zevni78

Elite Member

12/01/12 6:16:28 PM#26
Originally posted by Michiel

Thank you everyone who replied. I'm just glad I didn't go crazy and didn't imagine it all. Very curious now though to see it relaunch as I was always curious about the game, but stayed away because of the Forum full of warnings. I really hope this overhaul will make the game more enjoyable for everyone and also give me the opportunity to try it out.

I wish you all the best, hope to see you in game.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search