Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,858,888 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,062
Square Enix | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/27/13)  | Pub:Square Enix
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC PS3 Playstation 4 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum » General Discussion » Goodluck recovering your account

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Skuall

Hard Core Member

11/12/12 8:51:35 PM#21

i forgot my ID for FFXI , and was able to recover it np, SE will ask u about EVERYTHING , they take the ID very seriusly.

now talking about FFXIV u know u can get another copy really cheap? like 5$?, u will start from scratch but ...

Snowdon_Cloudripper

Novice Member

I was a 5 star elite member but my awesomeness was showing and the Mods cant have that

11/12/12 8:55:30 PM#22
and the reason why there so anal about the ID is because you could be a rmt who wants this chr because of what it has , strip it down sell off items leaving you with nothing it happens to a friend of mine. Then SE made most high $ items non tradeable. And it helped stop that sort of thing

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Pratt2112

Elite Member

11/14/12 6:25:38 AM#23
Originally posted by supermike27
SE is the worst when it comes to customer support. I bought the CE edition day 1 and played for 2 days i went to work tried to login when i got home said my account is banned i called called and called and they wouldnt tell me why and they have no way of asking a GM so their suggestion was wait til it unbans me which they said will be a few days probably and ask them myself. I waited and waited for 1 full week and i called them back and the guy said i was banned for gil spamming which is a 3 day ban the first time i told him i was at work and i dont even know what that means he stated i was trying to sell gil (Which i wasnt). he said give it one more day. I did i recieved a Email saying my account was turned back on so i went to login and it said i was banned once again and i recieved an email telling me i was banned for gil spamming. So i called and they said you need to talk to a GM in game but i cant get into the game period they said they dont know what to do that i should just wait to see if they unban (they did not) so i will never buy another SE online game again so FFXIV can just go F off.

That doesn't sound right. Gil spamming would earn you a perma-ban with SE. ANYTHING that's RMT-related, or could be construed as such, will earn you a perma-ban. A friend of mine's girlfriend was in-game and, for whatever reason, managed to do something that SE's anti-RMT software flagged as RMT-like behavior and she was banned, flat out. No "3 days" or second chances.

Perhaps they lightened up since then and realized their system wasn't flawless.

Curious, though.. Did you check for keyloggers or anything else? Did anyone else have access to your info? Did you have your security token attached to your account? Because the only way I can see your account having been flagged for RMT-like activity - and it wasn't you - is someone else gaining access to your account and doing it.

It's not like SE randomly picks names from a hat and decides "let's flag them for gil spamming". Something was going on there to make them notice you, out of thousands of other players.

This, of course, assumes you're giving the whole story and not leaving out key details... We'll never know that.

"Devs need to stop trying to make MMOs for people who don't like MMOs" - thevampirelematt/Reddit

postpwn

Novice Member

11/14/12 11:44:06 AM#24
Square Enix has NO idea how the Internet works.
  Edeus

Novice Member

11/14/12 2:06:18 PM#25

What do you mean you don't have the original credit card from when you bought the game 5 years ago? 

Oh wait, this is the FFXIV forum and game is only 2 years old... thought I was in FFXI for a second there.

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

2 Pages « 1 2 Search