Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,633 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,191
Avatar Creations | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/25/10)  | Pub:Avatar Creations
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$09.95
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Perpetuum Online Forum » General Discussion » Why I play Perpetuum instead of EVE.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
23 posts found
  Chrisbox

Advanced Member

8/15/14 2:22:40 AM#21
Perpetuum is a dead game unfortunately. I also played EVE for years and am super burnt out ...really would love a game with EVE's systems and mechanics but with a different combat system.  Archeage is step in the right direction but can't compare to EVEs depth in the sandbox.

Played-Everything
Playing-FFXIV:ARR

cirsyndic

Novice Member

8/15/14 5:24:51 AM#22
Originally posted by unclemo
Originally posted by cirsyndic

Population is in the dumpster (100-200 online concurrently at peak) after most of the DP alliance quit playing the game after losing the last war for Alsbale.

Last battle of the war; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeYf1DCEHek

Since then it's been peacetime, so lots of winning vets are taking breaks and the majority of the population is building up resources for the next war.

Hello Syndic,

I'm glad to see that you and CIR still have a presence in the game.  I had some great times with these guys for the few months that I played. 

It's unfortunate that the player base got so dammed low.  The premise for the game is fantastic and unique even with its similar Eve like time based skill progression.  I'm not sure what changes they've made but I wish them success with their version 2.0.

Regards,

Uncle Mo

We've been looking for you everywhere mate, pop in-game (your accounts should be free) and we'll get you into comms & contact with the rest of the gang. :)

Or just shoot me a PM here and I'll dig up the new TS deets

Phry

Elite Member

8/15/14 5:38:04 AM#23
I see that the game is now B2P, which i guess means it has some kind of cash shop monetisation, i had a look at the game several years ago, not sure what the deal is with the game suddenly relaunching, although i will admit i did think the game had been shut down a couple of years ago, so maybe that is the case? well either way i don't see it being a replacement for Eve, and given some of the earlier comments about the game having such a low population, which i guess is good in one way, as your more likely to know everyone, although for PVP, if your only fighting the same couple of dozen people its bound to be a bit repetitive
2 Pages « 1 2 Search