Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,019 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,178
Avatar Creations | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/25/10)  | Pub:Avatar Creations
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$09.95
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Perpetuum Online Forum » General Discussion » is Perp shutting down?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Mors.Magne

Advanced Member

3/19/13 12:03:07 PM#21

I really enjoyed this game, until I got into the larger mechs. They seemed underpowered and the ammunition expensive.

Suddenly it became unenjoyable - particularly when I'd had my fill of exploring the islands.

The Perpetuum world seems deliberately souless, which didn't help. For example, there are no human / quirky things to do, like pet battles / fishing etc.

It's a pity because I feel there's a much better game beneath the surface of Perpetuum trying to get out. It's lacking something (in the same way that Eve lacks something, funnily enough).

It's all very strange - I can't quite put my finger on it.

cirsyndic

Apprentice Member

OP  5/16/13 3:52:34 AM#22

The population seems to be fluctuating between 10 and 30 actual people (most by now have taken over accounts from friends, running 6+ accounts). Finding PVP is like pulling teeth with pliers, and stuff is always patched in with little to no testing (no test server ofc). I don't know how true it is, but there's been rumors circulating that the server lease is running out in June.

Personally I'm one of those "lucky" few to have 6+ accounts I can keep subbed via the in-game currency, but I certainly wouldn't spend any real money on this game. It's simply not worth it at this point.

Mors.Magne

Advanced Member

5/16/13 10:16:42 AM#23
Originally posted by cirsyndic

The population seems to be fluctuating between 10 and 30 actual people (most by now have taken over accounts from friends, running 6+ accounts). Finding PVP is like pulling teeth with pliers, and stuff is always patched in with little to no testing (no test server ofc). I don't know how true it is, but there's been rumors circulating that the server lease is running out in June.

Personally I'm one of those "lucky" few to have 6+ accounts I can keep subbed via the in-game currency, but I certainly wouldn't spend any real money on this game. It's simply not worth it at this point.

I'm sorry to hear that so few are playing Perpetuum. 

I think the biggest problem with Perpetuum is that they didn't keep adding new features quickly enough.

For example, it would have benefited from a first-person perspective view with faster robots. I think the 'god view' from above eliminates immersion. Even GW2 suffers from this with all its content. The re-release of Darkfall might be the final nail in the coffin.

gibo

Apprentice Member

7/18/13 12:09:56 PM#24

Game is still getting updates and improving,  Developers have just finished the new improved research patch today and added Prototype robots doubling the amount of Mechs already ingame. It is not a very popular MMO due to it's low budget that's why there are so few players, but they are working hard to get game on steam by the end of summer.

[mod edit]

free2play

Hard Core Member

4/12/14 9:38:15 PM#25

It's way too easy to mess with people in this game and there are just enough who will with no hesitation.

I'm not going to rant and I stress, I always wanted this game to do well but I see the Steam B2P attempt as bringing a bucket with you for a voyage on the titanic.

It's tinfoil hat of me but as the saying goes, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you. Someone wants this game to fail and they are in a position to make it happen. It's just too easy to get new people under your boot in this game and nothing to help them get out from under it.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search