Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,791,737 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,194,470
Avatar Creations | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 11/25/10)  | Pub:Avatar Creations
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$09.95
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Perpetuum Online Forum » General Discussion » Sick of the Themeparks?

2 posts found
  Crunchy222

Apprentice Member

OP  11/16/12 4:52:20 PM#1

Tired of the rat race to endgame only to be bored with whatever hamster wheel theyve installed for an endgame?

Sick of zero risk pvp thats based on who mashes the buttons in the correct order best?

Want a game where you can catch up to the vets without even logging in?  A game where you dont fall behind because you work and leave the hose and do other things other than game?

For those who dont know what this game is...its basically EVE on the ground with robots.  As long as your subbed you gain EP which can increase your robots skill and allow you to use a better bot.  

Yes you can pay for your $10 a month sub in game with in game currency (wont be viable to do for a few months).

Yes this game is complexities placed over other complexities, crafting is in depth and requiers use of brain.

PVP has you making use of plants for cover, mixing the right equipment for the fight with knowing the right range and the right targets to lock.  Less of a button masher more of a prepare correctly and disipline.  Its more viable to set a trap in pvp rather than two sides charging eachother and out DPSing eachother.

You die...your robot explodes...causing aoe damage to anyone in range should you feel the need to zerg...which may cause a chain reaction of deaths...you leave behind a canister with some damaged gear and items...bot is dead.

Death isnt a huge deal since aquiering new bots and gear is the point of the game so long as you use what you can lose.

There are safe pve areas in this game which provide you with a nooby everything easy starting experience, followed by a "its much harder but still no pvp" experience.  Glory on many...too many...pvp islands.

Join a corp, build a base, wreck your enemies base if you can...take over a permanat structure terminal from enemies and claim it as your own...or just hand out, crack a beer, relax and mine for some extra income...or to make more bots to lose in pvp.

Under rated game, has potential...just needs more players who are not afraid of grinding, learning curves, time based progression, and perma death/partial loot.  

itchmon

Elite Member

11/25/12 8:46:12 AM#2

bump for a good game.

the first game in years that will likely make me lose 1 (of 3) eve accounts to grab a different game's account.

if you like sci-fi and you like sandbox and you dont mind kind of blaa graphics it's worth the trial.  especially if space isnt for you.  I cant wait til the game is on steam (which is soon) it will hopefully add a few new players, like me, into it.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins