Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Dragon Age: Inquisition

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,869,918 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,277
Riot Games | Play Now
MOBA | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/27/09)  | Pub:Riot Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

League of Legends - Clash of Fates Forum » General Discussion » A Mature Player would never Pay or Play this game...

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
65 posts found
  LeegOfChldrn

Apprentice Member

OP  10/11/11 12:26:31 PM#21
Originally posted by Onigod

If you dont understand while people get punished if they leave or go afk while playing a game then this is really not a game for you to play and YOU have no idea what you are even doing/playing.

you going afk in a 5vs5 match will ruin the game for 9 other players.

If everyone could just go afk then there would be no gameplay. It is a competive game and there are diffrent game modes to choose from.

there newest mode Dominion: average gametime 15 to 20 minutes.

then you have 3vs3 matches: average gametime 20 to 30 minutes

and then the 5vs5 matches wich mostyl take 30 to 45 minutes but could easilty go up to 1 hour.

Why go AFK? if you dont intend to play a full match DONT PLAY AT ALL.

it is a competive game and yes people need to get punished if they go afk since it ruins the expierience for other people and can even ruin there acount if they are playing ranked matches

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Not a single reference to the simple fact I have repeated, over FIVE times, including multiple times in the OP, that I have never, ever, ever went AFK, to my misery.

How you come to this conclusion is beyond me, and this is perhaps as bad as "How is babby formed?"

LeegOfChldrn

Apprentice Member

OP  10/11/11 12:28:07 PM#22
Originally posted by jvxmtg

How ironic reading the title of the OP and finding that his post is nothing but a childish rant.

As someone already explained, there's no way you are banned for "no reason".

I have been playing LoL even before Season One and have over 2500 matches and not once, I repeat, NOT ONCE, I've ever been banned.

If you read the Summoner Code and abide by it at all times...you won't get a ban, ever.

Please log in to your account on League of Legends, and play a few games with me, and 8 other players.

All 9 of us will report you for being AFK at the end of every single game. A few days later when your account is banned, you will be apologizing to me for everything you just said here.

Cik_Asalin

Novice Member

10/11/11 12:34:46 PM#23

Well, Leeg, I did respond to your PM to play with you.  Hope it wasnt some ill-will attempt to "report" me to the LoL Tribunal for being afk in a game we never played.

Anyway, here is another MOBA you should check-out, with probably a smaller and more mature player-base.  http://www.riseofimmortals.com/

Rise of Immortals is newer and not bad by any means.

Shadowsil

Novice Member

10/11/11 12:48:49 PM#24
Originally posted by LeegOfChldrn

How ironic reading the title of the OP and finding that his post is nothing but a childish rant.

I have been playing LoL even before Season One and have over 2500 matches and not once, I repeat, NOT ONCE, I've ever been banned.

If you read the Summoner Code and abide by it at all times...you won't get a ban, ever.

Please log in to your account on League of Legends, and play a few games with me, and 8 other players.

All 9 of us will report you for being AFK at the end of every single game. A few days later when your account is banned, you will be apologizing to me for everything you just said here.

And here I thought I was done with this thread..

You want someone to play with you while stating up front you will report them?  Love the maturity there.  Anyway, as I stated before, people threaten to report me all the time and I have never received a ban.  Like I said, the tribunal is a jury of your peers, even if they are in a bad mood and find you guilty for no reason, the Judge(insert riot employee here) decides the punishment, if any.  Yes, the system has flaws, just as our own judicial system in the US it is modelled after.

My suggestion to anyone in and out of the game is this;  If someone threatens you, laugh it off.  If they follow through with the threat, report them for it (Yes, false reporting is punishable).  In the end, both cases will be reviewed by a riot employee, and it will be obvious who is at fault.

LeegOfChldrn

Apprentice Member

OP  10/11/11 12:55:28 PM#25
Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Well, Leeg, I did respond to your PM to play with you.  Hope it wasnt some ill-will attempt to "report" me to the LoL Tribunal for being afk in a game we never played.

Anyway, here is another MOBA you should check-out, with probably a smaller and more mature player-base.  http://www.riseofimmortals.com/

Rise of Immortals is newer and not bad by any means.

Thanks, but I actually love LoL too much to enjoy that game. (It's how I found LoL). Specifically, I love Jungling, and LoL's characters are simply addicted!

I will, however, never pay a dime to RIOT GAMES due to their philosophy on banning both guilty and innocent players.

1) I don't believe a paying customer should ever be denied what they payed for, unless exploiting/cheating in a MMORPG, hacking databases, or other illegal activities. If banned or suspended, all money should be refunded. I believe this to be important to give power to consumers, so that corporations cannot accept payment for a service, and then immediately deny this service. In the real world, corporations who do this get sued and usually settle. Currently, we faux-sign psuedo-documents, giving all rights and power to corporations, which IMO is incorrect. It should be a mutual contract, where players agree to pay a subscription to use a service, and if the service is denied before the subscription is finished, a refund is given. If suspended in any way, additional game time must be given to insure the subscription lasts for the agree upon day, and if suspended the customer has the right to a refund.

Consumers need rights, so they cannot be screwed out of their hard earned money. We must remember in all of this, the CONSUMER is the one who works hard for the money, not the corporations who collect millions in revenue. Yes, the corporation does work hard to produce a quality product (sometimes) and quality service (sometimes), but it is the consumer who is working their butts off to fund their entertainment and services. Stealing money from consumers is never the answer, even for a corporation to be treated well. (Solely because corporations are powerful and can easily suffer the hurt, while consumers are weak, divided, and it becomes very difficult to become a single, powerful entity which can take on the corporation.)

2) Banning of any innocent players immediately sets off my skepticism and mistrust of RIOT GAMES. "If they can do this to other people, they can do this to me!" I will never support a business which has a possibility of stealing my money for absolutely no reason. As for MMORPG's? I have never had any trouble with them, but if I were to be banned I would dispute the charge immediately. I have a multitude of friends who always win, usually by the corporation providing a refund, when disputing a charge. (A refund is given for accidental charges or disatisfied product, while a undisputed chargeback is accepted for bans or suspensions.)

I actually have had and have heard of wonderful encounters with BLIZZARD's customer service in relation to refunds. This company has so much money, they are comfortable and not greedy at all, fully allowing refunds to those who request it because of accidental reoccuring charge, suspension, bans (denial of service), or disatisfaction. NCSoft also, despite its corporate greedy nature, treats its customers quite well as well. It is very nice that their greed doesn't extend to the customer, and stops at screwing its own partners (Richard Garriott). It's also wonderful that Mr. Garriott successfully sued NCSoft for 20+ million, because it shows the justice system DOES work sometimes in delivering quality justice and fair results. (Unlike RIOT GAME's unjust system.)

Customer has power, or doesn't pay. It's my choice, and my wallet counts :)

This is one of those rare occurences when the attitude of "If you don't like it, then leave!" applies. I am doing just that. Funny how people still have this attitude even after you leave. Funny how people respond when you are trying to help them by telling of injustice, which is echoed throughout the internet across hundreds of threads stating the exact same thing.

Try the LoL official forums. Every day there are legitimately mature people who wish to know what they did to get banned. Many want to know because they want to stop those actions so they won't get banned in the future. When they are told they went "AFK" too many times, when this is simply not true, what else are they suppose to do besides quit?

LeegOfChldrn

Apprentice Member

OP  10/11/11 12:56:45 PM#26
Originally posted by Shadowsil

And here I thought I was done with this thread..

You want someone to play with you while stating up front you will report them?  Love the maturity there.  Anyway, as I stated before, people threaten to report me all the time and I have never received a ban.  Like I said, the tribunal is a jury of your peers, even if they are in a bad mood and find you guilty for no reason, the Judge(insert riot employee here) decides the punishment, if any.  Yes, the system has flaws, just as our own judicial system in the US it is modelled after.

My suggestion to anyone in and out of the game is this;  If someone threatens you, laugh it off.  If they follow through with the threat, report them for it (Yes, false reporting is punishable).  In the end, both cases will be reviewed by a riot employee, and it will be obvious who is at fault.

How will it be obvious who is at fault?

I'm sorry for the delay, I have to reinstall the game and redownload it. I had the uninstall screen up, thinking I hadn't yet clicked "uninstall" and to my mistake after sending the invite, I had already finished.

treysmooth

Advanced Member

10/11/11 1:02:30 PM#27

Every thread involving this game basically breaks down to how bad the community is in this game.  In this case you have children reporting out of spite and you get punished.  That doesn't suprise me at all.  From the little time I messed w/ this game the lack of a tolerable community was the first thing I noticed and why the game didn't remain on my hard drive long.  I find it funny those that attack  the op here further prove the point about the surly community and the lack of maturity. 

LeegOfChldrn

Apprentice Member

OP  10/11/11 3:05:39 PM#28
Originally posted by treysmooth

Every thread involving this game basically breaks down to how bad the community is in this game.  In this case you have children reporting out of spite and you get punished.  That doesn't suprise me at all.  From the little time I messed w/ this game the lack of a tolerable community was the first thing I noticed and why the game didn't remain on my hard drive long.  I find it funny those that attack  the op here further prove the point about the surly community and the lack of maturity. 

Point and Case.

You're right, these people say it all :)

illorion

Novice Member

10/11/11 3:29:31 PM#29
Originally posted by treysmooth

Im with this guy

I played the game a bit as well and ive also been TS3 with people when they play the game. The community is the worst in the buisiness. The idea that kids report people for know reason all the time is believable because Ive heard kids doing it over TS3.... all the time. Players that do the tribunal aren't bothering to look at anything... they just click cause they want their weeks worth of points for it. And there are so many reports that I doubt a riot game employee actually bothers to really look at the reports if that is even the case. They probably say "well he has more than the normal amount of reports" and just ban. 

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

10/11/11 3:34:46 PM#30

If you dont understand while people get punished if they leave or go afk while playing a game then this is really not a game for you to play and YOU have no idea what you are even doing/playing.

If everyone could just go afk then there would be no gameplay. It is a competive game and there are diffrent game modes to choose from.

and then the 5vs5 matches wich mostyl take 30 to 45 minutes but could easilty go up to 1 hour.

it is a competive game and yes people need to get punished if they go afk since it ruins the expierience for other people and can even ruin there acount if they are playing ranked matches

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Not a single reference to the simple fact I have repeated, over FIVE times, including multiple times in the OP, that I have never, ever, ever went AFK, to my misery.

How you come to this conclusion is beyond me, and this is perhaps as bad as "How is babby formed?"

First rule of MMORPG.com, many people read no more than the title of your post. (can result in some hysterical replies when the message of the OP happens to be about a completely different viewpoint or subject)

Second rule of MMORPG.com, no matter how truthful you are in your reporting of a situation, many are not going to believe you and call you a liar (in so many words)

Third rule of MMORPG.com, some folks lie on these forums, leading to the problem in the 2nd rule.

You need a thick skin to post here on the forums, you could say the sun is coming out tomorrow and 3 people would jump in and tell you that you're crazy, there's no way the sun is coming up tomorrow, or would point out that it depended on where you live, or if it was a cloudy day or decide your post had too many spelling/grammatical errors to be valid.

This forum is the ulitmate form of PVP.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Aori

Advanced Member

10/11/11 3:59:24 PM#31
Originally posted by Kyleran

Amazing. Simply amazing.

First rule of MMORPG.com, many people read no more than the title of your post. (can result in some hysterical replies when the message of the OP happens to be about a completely different viewpoint or subject)

Second rule of MMORPG.com, no matter how truthful you are in your reporting of a situation, many are not going to believe you and call you a liar (in so many words)

Third rule of MMORPG.com, some folks lie on these forums, leading to the problem in the 2nd rule.

You need a thick skin to post here on the forums, you could say the sun is coming out tomorrow and 3 people would jump in and tell you that you're crazy, there's no way the sun is coming up tomorrow, or would point out that it depended on where you live, or if it was a cloudy day or decide your post had too many spelling/grammatical errors to be valid.

This forum is the ulitmate form of PVP.

Nice sum up of the website, you beat me at spelling aswell.. gj

Requiem6

Novice Member

10/11/11 4:44:50 PM#32

I kinda agree.

LoL is mostly for people that are either really casual (or not-good at dota-genre game) or young.

Riot games and LoL were doing great... at start. But they began to remove every single mechanism that where too much "anti-fun" or not noob-friendly. Then they punish way too many people wrongly, and they don't care about it if it's right or wrong, less job for them is good.

Then the pricing and IP gain changed, for the worst. The customer support begin to take WAY TOO MUCH time. 1 months for an answer is not acceptable.

For me, they just went downhille, and continu to go that way. They not released Dominion, which was the only "except the unexpected" from last year.. LOL. And it end up by being a map for the biggest noob player ever. No need to teamfight, no need to farm. Way to remove all skill needed to play the game and make it even more noob-friendly and kill the already non-competitive scene.

For me it just don't worth it anymore. Then they come out.. WE HAVE 15M Subcription... and everyone sticked to that, but only 1M player play daily. So they aren't as popular as most people think. Nexon have 16M sub, but they are far to have 16m player. And Nexon is shit too, like Riot Games.

Castillle

Forum Bunny

10/13/11 11:02:07 AM#33
Sorry about your ban o.o

ive never been banned and Ive been playing for a couple of months. I do afk every now and then like.. Less than 5 minutes at most and ive also sucked majorly a few times. I did say though that im not very good or ill have to afk real quick or somefinh o.o

have you tried bringing up your thingie in the tribunal part of the forum?

i always though youd have to do reaaally excessive things repeatedly before you even get banned o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
( o.o)
(")(")
**This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

fantaros

Novice Member

10/19/11 6:59:46 AM#34

Funny how after playing for 7 months+ I have never been banned asingle hour.

And yet i play with the same community as the OP does. OP I 'm sorry you didn't like htis game but if you ask your team to surrender non-stop when others declare that they still want to give it a shot constitutes a reason to get reported for.

So instead of raging about it simply accept the fact that at least two people in your team where still having fun in those games you pushed to surrender and you were trying to take it away from them.

You probably should have been warned first but anyway LOL doesn't seem like a game for you.

p.s. the community is indeed bad and composed by teens and children mostly but that does not justify in any place negative behaviors by others. OP probably deserved the ban

c4_Garuda

Novice Member

10/19/11 7:18:20 AM#35

How can a 'mature player' even approach this game is beyond me. But I am 22 and have been with DOTA for 6 years so I wouldnt really know...I guess its for different kind of people. Maybe this video will explain better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQphkQBYNBs

"To be a rock and not to roll..."

Azmodai

Novice Member

11/18/11 8:51:30 AM#36
Originally posted by c4_Garuda

How can a 'mature player' even approach this game is beyond me. But I am 22 and have been with DOTA for 6 years so I wouldnt really know...I guess its for different kind of people. Maybe this video will explain better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQphkQBYNBs

U see the thing with Dota is, its the most slowpaced game i played TBH, Has the worst community out of Any Moba game and it is full of elitests who think they are The Shit. Now community aside, the game lacks the fun factors such as team fights early and many other. Go watch a Dota match and u will see people farming for 40 mints, then after 1-2 team fights they end the game. Hell you even get heroes who can 1v5 a team after farming. 

LOL requires more team play and thinking as a group, it is very fast paced on Dominion and The main map is also pretty fast. Now In LOL the lanes are always busy getting ganked, fighting and such so you wont see some carry farming for 40 mints. You see most Dota players are ignorant and will always blindly accuse other games of being worst when It is very clear that LOL is very successful in every way possible. BTW am sure the average age of players In LOL is alot older than Dota. First time i played Dota, I met the biggest asses of the gaming community which really went downhill from there. Lets see how Dota 2 turns out for you Dota fans, I for one wont be expecting anything from it.

c4_Garuda

Novice Member

11/18/11 9:46:22 AM#37

LoL = immature kiddies that are there to press report button. Dota community worse? At least you can flame the shit out of someone and get it off your chest instead of getting banned coz some child reported you. You think I didnt play it?

Do not tell me its faster paced coz it isnt. For 20 minutes you cant even gank at tower coz it will just rape you, its pathetically balanced and the whole purpose of the game is for childeren to have fun. Theres 0 competition included with such bad balance, everything just flying around you in team fights...just bad.

I've seen thousands of dota matches, there are almost always 1-2 frags per minute but it all depends on the picks anyway. And Dota 2 is just the upgraded version, but please don't bother with this game, i want you in your awesome lol community.

"To be a rock and not to roll..."

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

11/18/11 9:56:56 AM#38

I'd be interested to see the log records of our innocent soul.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

sofakingdumb

Apprentice Member

you all have chins

11/19/11 6:06:58 AM#39

YOU ARE CORRECT IN THIS ARTICLE! RIGHT ON MAN! I AM GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON! this game is horrible!

And they promote banning as an attractive feature. 

htiger23

Novice Member

11/21/11 3:44:22 PM#40
Originally posted by c4_Garuda

LoL = immature kiddies that are there to press report button. Dota community worse? At least you can flame the shit out of someone and get it off your chest instead of getting banned coz some child reported you. You think I didnt play it?

Do not tell me its faster paced coz it isnt. For 20 minutes you cant even gank at tower coz it will just rape you, its pathetically balanced and the whole purpose of the game is for childeren to have fun. Theres 0 competition included with such bad balance, everything just flying around you in team fights...just bad.

I've seen thousands of dota matches, there are almost always 1-2 frags per minute but it all depends on the picks anyway. And Dota 2 is just the upgraded version, but please don't bother with this game, i want you in your awesome lol community.

Did you just equate immature kiddies with people that like to report others for harassment?

The last time I checked, there is absolutely nothing mature about swearing, raging, and harassing other individuals.  Just because someone may feel the need to rant does not mean they need to harm the enjoyment of others.

Also, don't think for a minute that Valve will let you harass others in Dota 2.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search