Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,657 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,122
Runic Games | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/20/12)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Torchlight Forum » General Discussion » TL2: Rock,Paper,Shotgun impressions from 20 hrs of play

1 posts found
  Nadia

Tipster

OP  9/21/12 7:10:42 AM#1

impressions are from single player mode

goto link for full article 

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/20/wot-i-think-torchlight-2/

There are no limits on difficulty levels here. If you want to start on Veteran or Nightmare, you can. And I did. Veteran that is – I’m not mad. Normal is recommended for players new to Torchlight, and I can assure you that Vet is the one to pick for the familiar. The challenge has been absolutely pitch perfect throughout, the dungeons exactly matching my level as I reach them, the battles always on the limit of what I can do. And I’ve died. A lot. 115 times according to the game, in my first 20 hours. And almost every time it’s been my stupid fault. (Death isn’t a big deal. If you want to return to the beginning of your current area, it’ll cost you a tenth of your gold. Otherwise you go back to town for free. And if you’ve made judicious use of portals, you can be back where you were in just a few seconds. But it still feels like failure – bitter failure – when it happens.)