Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,650 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,998
Runic Games | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/20/12)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Torchlight Forum » General Discussion » Torchlight II: Casual, Normal, Veteran, and Elite

9 posts found
  Aznmask

Novice Member

OP  9/20/12 7:26:37 PM#1

Does this difficult have the impact to the gameplay? I mean i'm sure monster is alot stronger. If i choose Veteran difficult does it mean it wont drop certain items that only suppose to drop in Elite? 

Does it have any affect in Multiplay? do other user see me as Casual, Normal, Veteran, and Elite. 

Vannor

Hard Core Member

9/20/12 7:35:16 PM#2
Originally posted by Aznmask

Does this difficult have the impact to the gameplay? I mean i'm sure monster is alot stronger. If i choose Veteran difficult does it mean it wont drop certain items that only suppose to drop in Elite? 

Does it have any affect in Multiplay? do other user see me as Casual, Normal, Veteran, and Elite. 

Difficulty has no affect on loot or experience and the difficultly can be changed at anytime when you host a new game (you can do it offline solo if you select LAN instead of single player and just play on your own). New game plus is avaliable once you have finished the game on any difficulty which is basically higher level monsters and higher level loot for your higher level character

This isn't some controlled MMO wannabe like D3. It's about the fun. You want a greater challenge and you can have it.. want it easier? fine as well. You will not be forced to play a certain way to properly experience the game and all the options.

If you are in an online game then people can see which difficulty you are currently playing in the game listings.

I'm playing on Veteran right now. For no other reason than I find it more fun than Normal, because Normal is a walk in the park once you understand the stats system properly.

User Deleted
9/20/12 7:37:13 PM#3

No effect on item drops.  That's from the developers themselves. Can't link it forums seem to still be down for me.   But saw it brought up a few times the past few days.

Edit doh.. someone beat me to it.    Side note I have had to leave 2 locked chests behind so far.  Not having any luck finding golden keys.  Doing a full clear so.. Guess it's just luck of the draw.

Vannor

Hard Core Member

9/20/12 7:42:28 PM#4
Originally posted by JayBirdz

No effect on item drops.  That's from the developers themselves. Can't link it forums seem to still be down for me.   But saw it brought up a few times the past few days.

Edit doh.. someone beat me to it.    Side note I have had to leave 2 locked chests behind so far.  Not having any luck finding golden keys.  Doing a full clear so.. Guess it's just luck of the draw.

Every zone I've been in which has a chest has a key and I've done quite a lot now. Was the same in beta as well. You sure you havn't disabled some item labels appearing in the options?

User Deleted
9/20/12 7:51:02 PM#5
Originally posted by Vannor

Every zone I've been in which has a chest has a key and I've done quite a lot now. Was the same in beta as well. You sure you havn't disabled some item labels appearing in the options?

Nope everythings checked.  Just looked.   Im finishing up the ember keys quest chain atm. Already cleared the main zone. Didn't find the key to the locked chest near the emberscratch mine. :S  Had to leave one behind in the other zone too.   

Vannor

Hard Core Member

9/20/12 7:54:57 PM#6

Nope everythings checked.  Just looked.   Im finishing up the ember keys quest chain atm. Already cleared the main zone. Didn't find the key to the locked chest near the emberscratch mine. :S  Had to leave one behind in the other zone too.   

Maybe a bug. Try hosting a new game with LAN or Online and choose the 'Reroll World' option. It'll repopulated the world and randomize the events and maps again. You won't lose your current progress in the story and your waypoints but all the monsters and chests will be new again. Might fix it? Dunno. Pretty sure there is supposed to always be a key for them chests.

User Deleted
9/20/12 8:03:46 PM#7

Maybe a bug. Try hosting a new game with LAN or Online and choose the 'Reroll World' option. It'll repopulated the world and randomize the events and maps again. You won't lose your current progress in the story and your waypoints but all the monsters and chests will be new again. Might fix it? Dunno. Pretty sure there is supposed to always be a key for them chests.

Might try that. It's not a big deal.  To be honest I do not even recall what drops the keys.  Beta was awhile ago.  If item drops have a range limit from a persons character that could be it.  That cannon skill seems to go for a ways off screen.  Dunno. Enjoying the game and think it's the best $20 bucks I have spent in awhile.

Vannor

Hard Core Member

9/20/12 8:04:42 PM#8
It usually looks like some kind of fairy, but it isn't always. Also, I read a dev post on the forums stating that the loot drop radius is about 3 screens worth in every direction. Dunno if some skills reach that distance or not.
  User Deleted
9/20/12 8:08:49 PM#9
nm came out of emberscratch and went up to look again and the bird was there.  Guess I missed it.. Duh...