Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,273 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,847
Runic Games | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/20/12)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Torchlight Forum » General Discussion » T2: interview w Max Schaefer

1 posts found
  Nadia

Elite Member

OP  8/09/12 10:26:32 AM#1

goto link for full interview

http://gamerliving.net/archives/11526

WA: Have you seen resurgence in sales of the original Torchlight?

MS: Well, we moved into presales for Torchlight II, and they shot up about 40% the day D3 released.  So, it’s definitely having [Diablo III] in the news – They’re advertising on TV commercials on ESPN.  They’re bringing in people that have never even played this sort of game.  And since we’re a small company, we kind of draw from the existing game community, and they’re making the existing game community a lot bigger.  So it’s really working out for us.

WA: Now I do have to ask, because Diablo and Diablo II are your babies.  Now that Diablo III is out… have you guys…

MS: It’s weird. It’s weird seeing someone else make the game. You know what my history is.  But I think they did a really great job.  I’m happy to see that [Diablo III] didn’t suck, that was my fear.  My fear wasn’t that it’d be very good; my fear was that it was going to suck, you know.  The same way that they’re benefiting us now, so if they sucked, it’d hurt us.  My biggest relief is that it didn’t suck.   And it’s super slick; We’ve all been  playing it, obviously.  It’s made a lot of different decisions than we’ve made, which is also good because we wanted to keep that big distinction between us.  But yeah, it’s kind of surreal.  In a way, I’m kind of glad that I didn’t have to do it, because how do you meet the expectations of the Diablo crowd after 10 years, you know?  Wow, talk about pressure.