Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | EVE Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,440 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,603
Runic Games | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/20/12)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Torchlight Forum » General Discussion » PAX 09: Vanquisher Trailer

4 posts found
  ThomasN7

Advanced Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

OP  9/14/09 9:51:48 PM#1
  Stizzled

Tipster

Kill Your Heroes

9/18/09 10:07:10 AM#2

Damn! Why does the Vanquisher have to look so cool? Now i'm not sure if I wanna start with an Alchy or not!

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

9/18/09 10:56:22 AM#3

You know these are just former Blizzard guys ,well known for zero creativity.It is no wonder this looks EXACTLY like a Diablo game ,it is the same guy designing it.It is amazing how many developers have sprung out of former Blizzard guys and they all think copying the exact same designs =success for money.They have no passion to create their own game, to make a mark on gaming,they are in it solely for money,expect this same quality in the game,witch is little to none.

All these guys are doing is taking what they know from Diablo and trying to cash in on the same product,i guess they feel slighted by Blizzard earning all the cash from Diablo,so they want their own piece of the pie.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

Stizzled

Tipster

Kill Your Heroes

9/18/09 4:09:21 PM#4

Max Schaefer, Eric Schaefer and David Brevik started a little company in 1993 called Condor. They were developing an adventure hack n slash when Blizzard bought out the company and renamed it Blizzard North. Six months later the game release under the title Diablo. Later in 2000, Diablo II was released and an expansion followed.

Blizzard did absolutely nothing for Diablo exept recognize potential and buy out the creators, and IP. Call Torchlight a clone if you like, but the real minds behind Diablo are working on it. I'm sorry if you choose to follow a brand, but i'm choosing to follow the talent. Sure they screwed up with Hellgate: London, doesn't bother me, I never was interrested in it, but I do still have hope that these guys have something up thier sleeves. And honestly, there is a lot more Fate in Torchlight than Diablo.