Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Trove | Darkest Dungeon

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,047 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,187,912
Runic Games | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/20/12)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Torchlight Forum » General Discussion » New write-up by RPGFan, first two classes announced and singleplayer price announced!

4 posts found
  Stizzled

Gumshoe

Kill Your Heroes

OP  6/03/09 11:47:09 AM#1

RPGFan was lucky enough to get a hands-on at E3, even calling it "The best little game at E3." Check it out!

Every time I read about this game I get more and more excited. The singleplayer sounds awsome with the ability to mod EVERYTHING in the game, and for a price of $20-$30 USD how  could you not pick up this title? I cant wait to pick it up and get familiar with the lore and ready myself for the epic AMMORPG comming out a year or so later.

ThomasN7

Apprentice Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

6/05/09 12:14:49 PM#2

If this mmo turns out to be anything like Mythos they will have a small little fortune on their hands. Looking forward to more info.

Nadia

Elite Member

6/05/09 2:14:10 PM#3

older info from earlier this year but worth noting

My First Impression of Torchlight from GDC 2009

www.runicinsider.com/forums/showthread.php

three main character types

The class playable at GDC was a pretty straight forward warrior type class. I completely flubbed up and forgot to remember the name of the class, but fortunately I spoke to Max after GDC about it. He explained to me that the class names aren't final, but he did say that the class was a, "Barbarian like class, but not Barbarian."

There was some chatter about future classes being a ranged class and a magic using class, so we definitely have that to look forward to. If anyone remembers Mythos, I'm keeping my fingers crossed they do classes in the same manner. For those who don't know, Mythos had the 3 generic classes but they had skill trees that would allow them to be very unique classes in their own respect. All in all, I look forward to whatever they conjure up and have faith that it won't be boring or cookie cutter.

boognish75

Novice Member

People take mmo''s way to seriously

6/05/09 7:45:12 PM#4

Sounds interesting enough to keep my eye on this one, it looks a bit scrollish, doesnt appear to be anything i have played except maybe like the way baulders gate plays, which is 2 games I absolutly loved for a single and coop game, if it sais it transforms from single to mmo playstyle as described I will definatly give it a test ride.

playing eq2 and two worlds