Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | ArcheAge | H1Z1

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,989 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,482
Runic Games | Official Site
Action RPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/20/12)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Torchlight Forum » General Discussion » Torchlight II v Diablo III

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
106 posts found
  Zemard

Apprentice Member

10/20/12 12:49:20 PM#101

I have a plus to give to Terraria but since the post is about TL2 vs. D3, I'll have a word about it :

Diablo 3 : Monsters have the same patterns, react the same way, have the same mechanics and somehow, with abilities that stays equivalent one to each other, the game feels flat (the hype is plain).

The loots are hard to find and bring the Collector type of player into frustrating hopeless searches. Once you find a rare item, it somehow is worth less than the magical item you had. Also, being an item centered game (all gravitate around your gear and not your talent to choose the right skills), the options are ordinary.

Torchlight 2 : each monster reacts in dirrefent reactions, alter your status binds, some are fearful with precise classes, the abilities you have might affect one each other and complete themselves in some ways your do not figure out before experimenting them. It goes beyond regular mecanics and it makes the choices brought to a second degree (considering the effects you have on weapons and gear that can attach to your abilities, this brings a 3rd level to the main game mechanics.)

For what is about the loots... nothing to say. It pops everywhere and you never get frustrated since rares and uniques pop out from time to time and the lenght of time you're using a precise gear is adequate for and hack and slash type of RPG.

Somehow it is my point of view.

Thanks,

Zemard

MurlockDance

Advanced Member

10/21/12 4:45:11 AM#102
Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I think

Barb > Berserker

DH > outlander

Wizard > embermage

WD & Monk > Engineer

I think the three classes with real counterparts are just more enjoyable in D3.

I find your argument flawed there. Sure, there are some similarities between those classes, but actually really really only superficially. So far, I have played the Engineer, Embermage, and Outlander extensively in TL2, and I have played the WD and DH extensively in D3. I can tell you that there is actually very little in common between the Outlander and DH (can't say about the Wizard because I utterly hated that class and gave up on mine towards the end of Normal).

The Outlander is a bit of WD and DH and can be set up in many different ways that you can't do with just the DH alone.

I like the classes in both games, but they handle completely differently. The DH was one of my favorites along with the WD in D3, but I find that there is little customization I can really do with them and there are definitely skills to choose and skills not to choose, whereas in TL2 I have been experimenting and coming up with very different builds that seem viable.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

trash656

Advanced Member

It is easier to Fight for Principles then it is to Live up to them.

1/08/13 4:07:35 AM#103

Diablo 2 = Awesome

Diablo 3 = WTF is this shit? *throws game in garbage*

Torchlight 2 = Awsome

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/08/13 5:44:59 AM#104
Classes work differently in.Torchlight
You CAN have a melee embermage,you can have a ranged nuker engineer.
  User Deleted
1/10/13 1:05:10 AM#105

I preferd D3 to both TL and POE.

TL wasnt horrible, i thought POE was, so i wont really comment on POE in my comparison.  

The combat in D3 is hands down more fun, the classes are more fun, and the rune system really does dramatically change gameplay, given each skill has many runes, this leads to a lot of tweaking based on how you want to play ect.

I think TL does a better job with gear and items however.

Im stuck on the better combat and better setting of D3 than being mad it wasnt a copy and paste of D2.  Im having more fun in D3 than i did with D2.  Only painfull thing about D3 is how they make you beat the game on overly easy difficulties before you can join the inferno public matches...something they should change.

User Deleted
1/10/13 3:30:53 AM#106

Torchlight just has a completely uninteresting "story" to it, which means it ends up being a generic click-loot game.  D3 at least has the continuity of the story going for it, and the gameplay is actually pretty fun to me.

I just can't get past the whole "Torchlight = aftermarket knockoff" thing.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search