Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,653 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,999
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Some questions for DAoC

20 posts found
  Kiamde

Novice Member

MMORPG.com''s Veritas and Aequitas

OP  10/03/03 8:57:23 PM#1

It is a great game so far! The level train is INSANE! 3 hours for 2 levels [im level 3]. Some funny stuff happened my first day. I was supposed to meet someone in East svealand from Atla and I sued my "gold" map to get there but I pointed my compass NE instead of NW half the time and I ended up in Jordhiem! Sooo much swimming.

1.What is the easiest monster to lvl up with with a lvl 3 thief?

2.Do your STR, DEX, CON, ect stats increase passivly as you level or must you visit trainer?

3 Do spec Points go away if not used?

4.What happens when Im level 15? Does the world change as I enter RvR mode?

Kiamde

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Kiamde

Novice Member

OP  10/03/03 9:00:03 PM#2

BTW- Im going hunter.

Arrow ambushes are awesome!

Aslo Is this lvl tread gonna last forever? Its either too hard to kill or too easy and too little exp.

Kiamde

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

SatansDisciple

Novice Member

"Emotions are boring. Let's see some sh** blow up."
-Michael Ian Black

10/03/03 9:01:42 PM#3

gees dude! 3 hrs for 2 lvls?!?! i think my 1st night of daoc i got lvl 10. do kill tasks again and again.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
- Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

SatansDisciple

Novice Member

-Michael Ian Black

10/03/03 9:06:55 PM#4

Originally posted by Kiamde
It is a great game so far! The level train is INSANE! 3 hours for 2 levels [im level 3]. Some funny stuff happened my first day. I was supposed to meet someone in East svealand from Atla and I sued my "gold" map to get there but I pointed my compass NE instead of NW half the time and I ended up in Jordhiem! Sooo much swimming.

1.What is the easiest monster to lvl up with with a lvl 3 thief?
2.Do your STR, DEX, CON, ect stats increase passivly as you level or must you visit trainer?
3 Do spec Points go away if not used?
4.What happens when Im level 15? Does the world change as I enter RvR mode?

Kiamde

1. anything just outside ur starting town

2. passively, and the equipment u wear determines it.

3. no, they just keep building up.

4. hehe, no. it sounds like ur not in albion, and i dont know anything outside there, so ask ppl where to go to get to battlegrounds, or "bg". then buy a madallion from the merchant there and stand on the teleport pad and youll go to bg0. every 5 lvls u go to the next bg.
15-19=bg0 20-24=bg1 25-29=bg2 and im not sure, i think its 30-40 is bg3.
after that ur left with the frontier. check www.camelotherald.com for help also.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
- Unknown Author

Kiamde

Novice Member

OP  10/03/03 9:11:24 PM#5
How do I get tasks? And gold! I wanna get a horsy ride to gotar!

Kiamde

SatansDisciple

Novice Member

-Michael Ian Black

10/03/03 9:13:07 PM#6

talk to guards with names after the word for guard in ur realm. and kill enemies for silver.

- Unknown Author

Kiamde

Novice Member

OP  10/03/03 9:22:29 PM#7
LOL I msut have killed 100 critters so far and nothing!

Kiamde

SatansDisciple

Novice Member

-Michael Ian Black

10/03/03 9:25:02 PM#8

yea... i wouldnt expect to go anywhere til at least lvl 5.

- Unknown Author

Kiamde

Novice Member

OP  10/03/03 9:56:03 PM#9

The Realms are dangerous! I fell into the sea!

Thnaks for the input. If ne1 has ne more advice feel free to freeware it!

Kiamde

Kiamde

Novice Member

OP  10/04/03 9:28:17 AM#10
Saten what realm are you going for?

Kiamde

Flem

Lore Seeker

Come Get Some!!

10/04/03 2:00:00 PM#11
Its nice to see someone excited about DAoC. I was like that once. (for about 3 months until the game got stagnant.)

SatansDisciple

Novice Member

-Michael Ian Black

10/04/03 2:03:38 PM#12

ive been playing it off and on. i played on merlin server, albion realm.

- Unknown Author

jeep21243

Novice Member

10/04/03 3:35:12 PM#13
i played on merlin alb too,  was in rogue knights guild, though i quit a long time ago.

Let me get this right: The dragons breath knocks you over the 300' cliff onto the jagged rocks below and you want a saving throw?

rathma

Novice Member

Internet Pirates are like the modern day Robin Hood. They take from the rich, and give to the poor.

10/04/03 3:51:49 PM#14
 say kiamde, if your not busy do you mind just taking a quick screenshot (print screen button) and post it up on mmorpg.com i might get that game to pass by 2 months or so..

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Kiamde

Novice Member

OP  10/04/03 5:47:42 PM#15

Ok np. Ill do it tonight.

BTW if ne1 sees me in midguard Im Nehek and a Hunter.  I linger in and out of the northern parts.

Kiamde

SatansDisciple

Novice Member

-Michael Ian Black

10/04/03 7:27:00 PM#16

wut server?

- Unknown Author

lyonman24

Novice Member

10/05/03 10:31:23 AM#17
hay kia im a 50 shammy mid/gawaine server names hreill. its easy man i can get lev 5 in a hour just stick to killing blues. you get copper starting off but killing blues will get you a lot of copper quick it wont be until level 30 you will start needing alot of gold. and for a hunter dont put any spec points into stealth let is auto train for a while and for rvr dont put all or any points in bow it does crap for damage.  but yes even after a year its a great game but just like all games either level or skill based you have that treadmill effect going lol

Kiamde

Novice Member

OP  10/05/03 12:11:49 PM#18
Where in Midguard can you level to 5 in an hour??? Ive been killing stray scimitar cubs forever for my new healer. My second hunter is STILL boring [arrows...too slow...] so Im staying away from that class. Also may I ask, does everyone play runemasters? BTW Im merlin.

Kiamde

hercules

Apprentice Member

10/05/03 12:34:07 PM#19

Second post that is the wrong place.

This should be in the DAoC forum ,thats why those forums exist to discuss  game stragedy and happenings in that specific game.

Cillasi

Novice Member

10/05/03 8:40:28 PM#20

Are you aware of the CON(sideration) system? 

When you click a monster, it's name will be in a certain color.

Grey = too easy; no experience; no drops.

Green = easy for you; small xp; drops

Blue = you should win; medium xp; drops

Yellow = same level as you; you will probably win; nice xp; drops

Orange = at least one level higher than you; you might win; usually not worth it because your experience is capped.

Red and Purple = you're dead.

As you wander away from your starting point, the first monsters you see will be blue or yellow to you at level 1.  By level 3, most of those will be gray or green.  Go a little farther away and you should start seeing blues and yellows again.  That's what you want to kill when you are soloing.  Sometimes, it is difficult getting to level 5. 

If you are a weapon user and can specialize in the weapon you want to use before you choose your final class, you can invest a few spec points and get your first style.  That way you'll do more damage.  Try to upgrade your weapon.  Weapons should also con blue or yellow to you.  Ask around for an unneeded drop item or find folks that are weaponcrafting and ask if they can make you one for a few coins. 

Kill tasks are great.  Find a NAMED guard (whatever they are called in Midgard) and say "task."  The guard will send you out to kill something.  You must kill the mob and return to the guard without dying.  When you click the guard again, he will reward you with experience and money.  Kill tasks will help you level quickly.  They also help you to find critters that are good for you to kill at your level.

Also, talk to all the merchants and other NPCs.  Some may have quests to send you on.  These quests will usually get you some good equipment for your level as well as experience and coin.