Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,406 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,384
Rift (Rift)
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

General Discussion Forum » The Pub at MMORPG.COM » Opinions on what to spend my cash on?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Clever_Glove

Apprentice Member

love the glove

10/03/03 6:33:04 PM#21

Originally posted by Misti

EQ has however always had a steep learning curve and that hasn't changed as far as I can tell.  Many people think that complexity is one of the great things about it though.

EQ has to be the simplistic MMORPG I've every played...  The only thing complicated about EQ is all the proper nouns, learning the major zones and memorizing the 2 million acronyms every one uses.

You can literally Play EQ while watching TV, playing another game, while in the shower, and away at the store. (Yes, I've played EQ while doing all the above)

The higher level you get the more pigeon holed your character will become. After awhile a simple marco's can the control the game while your busy chatting away.

This isn't as true if your soloing.. and I am being simplistic, but I've found this to be true with number of classes. On raids you can often follow on someone, and/or push the A key then go walk the dog.

Newer MMORPG's have learned from this mistake, and now make active skills that have to pushed during combat.

Pushing a button is better than not

Before you buy EQ, ask yourself. How much to like sitting around doing nothing. If you answer "I love that!" Then EQ is game for you. If not, go with something else.

EQ = everything takes to damn long.

-=-=-=-=-
A game is only late until it's released, but it's bad forever.
A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

Serien

Novice Member

10/03/03 6:53:12 PM#22

Originally posted by teratya
Murt, You gonna play EQ II over Horizons? Just wanted to ask why? I havent looked into EQ II too much as I am looking for a change from EQ and Horizons just seems too good.

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"

horizons is more of like a EQ expansion....

EQII is a whole nother game wiht next generation graphics

http://www.facebook.com/murtb

pyrodreams41

Novice Member

10/03/03 10:05:31 PM#23
Well....EQ is going to last you for about a year or 2 and i have to admit it was fun as hell but then it got really boring. I finnally understood that the story like sucked and i was going nowhere and it just got boring.i want WOW or FFXI to come out they both look awesome

ghjhgj

ghjghj
ghjgj
(login to vote)
  Riotgirl

Novice Member

Dating Asian women is a longer camp than the Cleric Epic in EverQuest!

10/04/03 7:58:23 AM#24

horizons is more of like a EQ expansion....
EQII is a whole nother game wiht next generation graphics

Am I the only one who has looked at EQII, heard about the graphics and thought EQ expansion? I've looked at the Horizons FAQ and looked at the basic EQII FAQ (sparse with information) and I cannot equate Horizons to EQ. At all.

Also, I don't see any features in EQII that are not already present in next gen MMOG's. Like I say, it's down to the implementation that will give a game it's particular feel.

Perhaps it is me. Despite being an old EQ fan, I look at EQII and think that SoE just decided to add on all these features to bring EQ uptodate rather than sitting down and deciding to implement such features as a fundamental game design to alter how the game is played.

I'm getting a little bit cynical about next gen claims which are based on graphics. I want HARD information .. implementating x feature isn't enough. I want to know WHY these features are being implemented and HOW they will affect gameplay.

EQII will be huge and SoE will be hoping that EQ players and old skool EQ players will switch across to EQII. I know I'm in the minority but I don't see anything to get real excited about when I look at EQII. Once there's more information on how these features when implemented will affect gameplay then I may start to get sweaty palms again.

Regards,
Riotgirl

"she's like this cleavagey, slut-bomb walking around going 'oh, check me out. i'm wicked cool. i'm five by five'."

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

teratya

Novice Member

"Look at all these godd**n ants!"

10/04/03 9:32:27 AM#25
I am a longtime EQ player that is happy with it, but looking for a change just the same as I was back when I was playing UO and EQ came out. I will be dumping EQ for Horizions without question. Not sure if I am even going to bother with EQ II at this point. I want a change of scenery and after following it for quite some time Horizons is it.

hercules

Advanced Member

10/04/03 4:18:33 PM#26

Originally posted by rathma

Originally posted by hercules

If you are new to mmorpg games then don't listen to those telling you wait for a game to come out just go with one that is out and tried.

You end up waiting for months or years and be dissapointment.

Horizons,EQ2,WoW this games have not been tried and people are reviewing it purely on their impression of what the game might be like and not what it is or will be like.

So go EQ or DAoC.

If sci fi only then go SWG.

People at e3 have tried those games and said their oppinions, and also got lots of videos from there to see how the game actually plays.

They said shadowbane was good so what does that prove few over excited people that saw just a small portion of a game.

Misti

Novice Member

10/06/03 1:44:25 PM#27

I agree with you teratya and riotgirl, Horizons is looking really unique and seems to be offering the most exciting game play of the upcoming mmorpgs to me.  Though I am a big supporter of the original EQ I have only minimal hopes for EQ2 being very good.  That wont stop me from giving it a try though. 

Oh and Clever_Glove, the learning curve of EQ is one of the things SoE said they get the most complaints from new players about.  There is alot to pick up at the start and it can be kind of daunting to some new players.  I would agree that playing the game once you have some experience is not very difficult.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search